Is abusing the report system bannable?

Comments

  • @Orion said:

    Yes.

    @UncleStabby said:

    Yes.

    How does the person abusing the report system gets banned

  • I think if the same person reports too many times, and an investigation is conducted (i.e. they find out you were reporting without justification too many times) they'll just auto-ban you. At least, that's speculation.

  • yes you can get banned for false reports, devs said is on one of the streams like 2 or 3 years ago

  • Yes, but it would take a LOT. It has to be enough that it's actually annoying them basically haha.

    I am sure they get hundreds or maybe thousands of false reports every day, to make your name stand out among those would take a lot of false reports or some really heinous ones.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Yes, but it would take a LOT. It has to be enough that it's actually annoying them basically haha.

    I am sure they get hundreds or maybe thousands of false reports every day, to make your name stand out among those would take a lot of false reports or some really heinous ones.

    I think as long as the reports are in good faith, i.e. not complete lies or containing faked evidence, you won't be banned.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2021204#Comment_2021204

    I think as long as the reports are in good faith, i.e. not complete lies or containing faked evidence, you won't be banned.

    It takes a LOT for sure. Like, so much so that I am sure that the implication of there being a consequence to it is more effective and prominent than the actual execution of said punishment for it.

    There was a guy in our discord who would accuse like 8/10 players when he lost of hacking/cheating and would report for almost everything and he was never banned.

    Also you have folks like this guy: https://youtu.be/ImdpTENCU5c?t=364 who go on without issue as well.

  • @Orion said:

    Yes.

    @UncleStabby said:

    Yes.

    How does the person abusing the report system gets banned?

  • A mod does it, just like with every other ban. I'm not sure what your question is.

  • I doubt it with the amount of people on either side that report someone because they didn't like the way they played. If it was there would hardly be anyone left to play lol.

  • There are many times, mostly from Survivor side, report Killer for winning, using OP perks or add-on ect, when Killer do nothing wrong.

    Here is an example from topic https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/233826/stupid-reasons-you-got-reported-or-trashtalked-for/p2, image by @Skarkio (hes the killer)

    image.png

    He's got reported by a streamer for winning their swf or something. You know its likely that he could take 4 report ticket from a swf.

    Im glad abusing report system is banable.

  • What is report abuse exactly?

    If you see strange behaviour shouldnt you report it?

    I only submit a ticket if I have 100% videoproof of cheating or griefing. If I see something that smells fishy but I have no direct evidence I report just in case. Maybe there’s no video proof because sometimes its hard to get but say I report a player who seems to be running faster than they should, not like 200% speed or anything obvious but more like a little bit faster, and lets say another 10 people that day report the player for looking suspicious then while its not direct proof it shows the report team that there is something fishy with this player. I imagine it helps with video evidence that isnt 100% clear too. If a survivor appears like they’ve gone through a wall but the video doesnt quite catch it but 20 other people have reported this player for teleporting then it paints a picture.

    Because I’ve seen some people on streams who go low-key with their cheats so its hard to capture. I remember when tru3 went against a survivor who seemed cocky but mostly normal all game, at the very end they instahealed themself after they went down, it was a “blink and you’ll miss it moment”. If this wasnt a streamer there would have been no video evidence as nobody would have had time to hit record to capture it

  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    What is report abuse exactly?

    If you see strange behaviour shouldnt you report it?

    I only submit a ticket if I have 100% videoproof of cheating or griefing. If I see something that smells fishy but I have no direct evidence I report just in case. Maybe there’s no video proof because sometimes its hard to get but say I report a player who seems to be running faster than they should, not like 200% speed or anything obvious but more like a little bit faster, and lets say another 10 people that day report the player for looking suspicious then while its not direct proof it shows the report team that there is something fishy with this player. I imagine it helps with video evidence that isnt 100% clear too. If a survivor appears like they’ve gone through a wall but the video doesnt quite catch it but 20 other people have reported this player for teleporting then it paints a picture.

    Because I’ve seen some people on streams who go low-key with their cheats so its hard to capture. I remember when tru3 went against a survivor who seemed cocky but mostly normal all game, at the very end they instahealed themself after they went down, it was a “blink and you’ll miss it moment”. If this wasnt a streamer there would have been no video evidence as nobody would have had time to hit record to capture it

    If I'm not mistaken it was on hawkings right? Tru3 even managed to block him in unintentionally at which that hacker eventually dc'd

  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    What is report abuse exactly?

    If you see strange behaviour shouldnt you report it?

    I only submit a ticket if I have 100% videoproof of cheating or griefing. If I see something that smells fishy but I have no direct evidence I report just in case. Maybe there’s no video proof because sometimes its hard to get but say I report a player who seems to be running faster than they should, not like 200% speed or anything obvious but more like a little bit faster, and lets say another 10 people that day report the player for looking suspicious then while its not direct proof it shows the report team that there is something fishy with this player. I imagine it helps with video evidence that isnt 100% clear too. If a survivor appears like they’ve gone through a wall but the video doesnt quite catch it but 20 other people have reported this player for teleporting then it paints a picture.

    Because I’ve seen some people on streams who go low-key with their cheats so its hard to capture. I remember when tru3 went against a survivor who seemed cocky but mostly normal all game, at the very end they instahealed themself after they went down, it was a “blink and you’ll miss it moment”. If this wasnt a streamer there would have been no video evidence as nobody would have had time to hit record to capture it

    It was on hawkings right?

    Tru3 even managed to block him in unintentionally, at which the hacker eventually dc'd

  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    What is report abuse exactly?

    If you see strange behaviour shouldnt you report it?

    I only submit a ticket if I have 100% videoproof of cheating or griefing. If I see something that smells fishy but I have no direct evidence I report just in case. Maybe there’s no video proof because sometimes its hard to get but say I report a player who seems to be running faster than they should, not like 200% speed or anything obvious but more like a little bit faster, and lets say another 10 people that day report the player for looking suspicious then while its not direct proof it shows the report team that there is something fishy with this player. I imagine it helps with video evidence that isnt 100% clear too. If a survivor appears like they’ve gone through a wall but the video doesnt quite catch it but 20 other people have reported this player for teleporting then it paints a picture.

    Because I’ve seen some people on streams who go low-key with their cheats so its hard to capture. I remember when tru3 went against a survivor who seemed cocky but mostly normal all game, at the very end they instahealed themself after they went down, it was a “blink and you’ll miss it moment”. If this wasnt a streamer there would have been no video evidence as nobody would have had time to hit record to capture it

    That was on hawkings right?

    Tru3 even managed to block him in unintentionally at which that guy dc'd

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2022074#Comment_2022074

    That was on hawkings right?

    Tru3 even managed to block him in unintentionally at which that guy dc'd

    Yeah that was the one. Its not the only example I’ve seen but it shows how well some people can hide their cheats. I don’t report often but if I see something fishy that doesn’t look right I report just so that it may help the moderation team make a case against a player if it ends up being a trend.

  • Just to clear something up, abusing the report system can get you banned from Support only and that's something that very rarely happens - you don't get game banned for making reports about other players.

  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2022259#Comment_2022259

    Yeah that was the one. Its not the only example I’ve seen but it shows how well some people can hide their cheats. I don’t report often but if I see something fishy that doesn’t look right I report just so that it may help the moderation team make a case against a player if it ends up being a trend.

    Yeah I thought it was yeah, I just happened to watch that day and had the exact same reaction as tru3 had at that moment.

    There seems to be a guy who streams at twitch who is proud to just show his hack/cheats.

    Seen somebody share his stream here 2 times to report him trough twitch.

    Hope de mods/devs here also watch it and hard ban that person as they ruin the game for others