A list of Perk major change ideas.
People suggest changes and tweaks to Perks all the time. But I feel there are a lot of Perks that need to be not merely buffed, but given entirely new changes. Some considerable, others a notch below a rework, others entirely reworked. Here are some ideas.
Prove Thyself
You strive to prove your worth to others. For every other Survivor standing in an 8-meter range gain a token.
1 token: 3/6/9% increased action speed.
2 tokens: 10/15/20% chance a good skill check will be considered a great skill check.
3 tokens: Gain 50/75/100% more Bloodpoints for actions in the objective category.
When Survivors have left the required radius, the effects persist for an additional 5/10/15 seconds.
Thanatophobia
Their courage fades in the face of their undeniable mortality. Every injured, dying, hooked, or dead Survivor inflicts the following penalties on all Survivors:
-3/4/5% decreased repair. heal, and sabotage speed.
-4/6/8% increased chances of triggering a skill check.
-1/1/2% increased penalty on skill check fails.
-3/4/5% smaller skill check success zones.
-When 4/3/2 Survivors are unhealthy, skill check bonus zones are removed except from Hex skill checks.
-Survivors injured by the Broken status effect do not affect Thanatophobia.
Beast of Prey
Your lust for a kill is so intense that your connection with the Entity is momentarily lost, making you totally unpredictable. When entering a chase, your red stain gradually fades over the course of 15/10/5 seconds. Each new tier of bloodlust grants an extra 5% lunge speed.
Play With Your Food
You become obsessed with one Survivor. The feeling of torturing your obsession fills you with sadistic glee. When you injure your obsession in a chase and let them escape, your movement speed is increased by 5/6/7%. This lasts until the obsession is healed.
No One Left Behind
It is inconceivable to leave someone behind. For every Survivor that is still remaining in the trial when you escape, you lose 1000 Bloodpoints. For every Survivor that escapes while you are still in the trial, gain a bonus 2000/3000/4000 Bloodpoints.
Decisive Strike
Using whatever is at hand, you stab at your aggressor in an ultimate attempt at freedom. Once per match, when grabbed by the Killer, face a skill check every two seconds.
-Each successful skill check increases the wiggle progress bar by 20%.
-Each successful skill check slightly/moderately/considerably offsets the Killer's movement.
-If a skill check is failed, whatever is remaining of the wiggle bar must be filled through normal wiggling.
No Mither
Go on out, kid, it's just a scratch. You suffer from the Exposed status effect for the duration of the trial.
-While healthy, 1/2/3 equipped Perks activated by being injured are triggered.
-While injured or dying, you don't leave pools of blood and grunts of pain caused by injuries are reduced by 0/25/50% at any time.
-Grants the ability to fully recover from the dying state. Increases dying recovery speed by 5/7.5/10%.
-In the dying state, while recovering without moving/recovering without moving/recovering, your bleedout meter does not go down.
-For every 5 Emblem points you earn post-trial, gain a bonus 5/10/15 Iridescent Shards up to a maximum of 15/30/45 bonus Shards.
Comments
How so?
As usual, great job @No_Mither_No_Problem
Several things.
First of all, it’s not THAT rare to have two or more injured Survs at once. And even if it was, don’t forget that this also applies to hooked, downed, and most importantly DEAD Survivors. Once at least one Surv is eliminated, that’s a permanent Thana. Once one more is at the very least smacked, that’s an absence of great skill checks.
Secondly, an 8% stack is not super huge. The way I see it, this stack is a good value to make the anti-skill check effects more punitive to Survivors who can’t hit it without making Survs who can hit those checks totally bone the Killer.
Thirdly, I can testify that hitting greats is not the hardest thing in the world by any means, but if a Survivor can hit great skill checks so consistently that they can turn this Thana AGAINST the Killer in spite of all the debuffs then honestly they deserve to have that ability.
8% increased skill check chance is absolutely huge when you consider how skillcheck chance actually works, addictionally all the numbers are still far too low, the only part that would have an actual effect, the slow progression, being only 5% for each survivor is pitiful, only a few seconds on every gen
Those few seconds can be absolutely clutch when you’re as pressed for time as a Killer. Plus, don’t forget they stack.
No-one Left Behind.
Imagine more than one survivor is carrying that perk - they wont want to leave the trial first. Could be a problem.
Thanatophobia: I'm not sure what I think of this one yet. The numbers seem small but working from Dead Survivors is huge. Might need a few number changes here and there but otherwise it's stronger then it's current version I think.
Beast of Prey: This basically makes it so in every chase you don't have a Red Stain. Makes Mindgames as a killer stronger. Which is what it's supposed to do now anyway so good change. The extra lunge distance is a nice bonus but probably wouldn't be too useful too often.
Play with your food: As I previously said if it works after the obsessions death it might be a problem. Otherwise this version is completely fine I think. More reliable then the current version.
No one left Behind: This one could be problematic. If all 4 survivors run it none of them will want to leave right away.
Decisive Strike: I don't know about this. It's still strong even like this. I think @Nickenzie had a better idea for this on a different thread. Your one is definitely less reliable and alot less powerful then the current version but I think it needs a few more changes.
No Mither: Still a weak perk but it's honestly hard to make it strong.. though choosing the exposed effect instead of broken is a great idea. If someone uses a 1 hit down ability on someone running this they won't even know right away that they have it. Great change overall.
About Prove Thyself, I think it would be better if for every survivor near you great skillcheck zones are bigger by x% (you show off you skill to others by landing great skillchecks).
it still wouldn't be a very good perk, low numbers are the same reason that thana sucks currently
I appreciate the feedback. After looking over criticism from you and @yeet, I’m currently juggling some changes.
Your Stake Out/Prove Thyself idea is a good notice. I’ll be sure to mention that.
How about I increase the penalty to 4/5/6% for Thana and remove the increased skill check odds until Thana crosses the “no bonus zone” threshold?
PWYF: No, it wouldn’t trigger after the obession’s death because then there’d be no food to play with.
NOLB: How does changing it so Survivors inside the exit gates give you a bonus in addition to escaped Survivors sound?
Decisive: I’ll have to check that thread out. Could you link me to it?
No Mither: I’m not trying to make it a STRONG Perk. As someone who outright refuses to not use it when playing Survivor, I understand that it’s supposed to be a hardmode Perk. What I’m trying to do is make it a more well-rounded hardmode Perk.
Beast of prey is already getting a buff
If you can call bonus Bloodpoints a “buff”.
You should read the patch notes
New BoP:
Beast of Prey: The red stain disappears after gaining Bloodlust Tier I and stays hidden until you lose Bloodlust. Gain 30%/40%/50% more Bloodpoints for actions in the Hunter category.
Current:
Your lust for a kill is so intense that your connection with the Entity is momentarily lost, making you totally unpredictable.
The Red Stain disappears for 15/20/25 seconds when Bloodlust activates.
If anything, it actually got nerfed since you lose Bloodlust when you get a hit and unless you suck that shouldn't take 25 seconds to do on top of the 12 to get BL tier 1.
Prove Thyself
As long as you are alive, all survivors gain 5/10/15% larger great skillcheck zones. Everytime a survivor hits a great skilkcheck, you gain a token up to 20. Each token grants you .5/.75/1% altrusistic action speed.
No One Left Behind
For the whole trial, gain 5/8/10% altruistic action speed. When the exit gates are powered, this bonus turnes to 20/30/40%. Gain a token for every other survivor that escapes. Each token gives you a stackable 13/23/33% bloodpoints bonus
Beast of Prey
When entering a chase, your red stain length is decreased by 10/20/30%. Your lunge range is also increased by 10/13/15% until the chase is over. The perk will be unavailable until you hook another survivor.
Thanatophobia
Every time you hit a survivor, gain a token. Each token gives you .25% movement speed, 1% action speed and 1/2/3% missed and successful attack recovery speed. Passively lose a token every 70/80/90s
I think my idea of giving great skill check possibilities with Prove Thyself should stay at 20%. The other two Survs will probably be doing a co-op action with you, so given that and the increased speed from having 1 other Surv near, getting an increased likelihood of free greats is a little overkill in the speed department.
In regards to Thana, an increased debuff to repair speeds will definitely be in order. When it comes to everything else, I’ve a few points to make.
The healing speed is getting nerfed in the next patch, so that alone can help make Thana more powerful. I’d like to keep the failed penalty the same because it is an additive penalty, meaning 5%+4% per Thana=a maximum of 22% reduction after one failed skill check. While it is very hard to fail a skill check, that’s a little nuts. In addition, I’d prefer to keep the “2 injured” rather than the “2 dead” for bonus zone removal because if the Survs will do what any competent Surv does (cough gen rushing cough) then by the time you kill 2 Survs it won’t really matter. The main reason I added the removal was to counteract the increased likeliness of skill checks for Survs who can consistently hit greats.
Once more, the healing nerf will be very good for the PWYF I have in mind, so I’m iffy about the Mangled.
Honestly BoP will never be a good Perk with its current design, but if you’re ACTUALLY in a chase, which you most likely will be, then the weird-ass chase trigger mechanics won’t be too wonky.
No One Left Behind sounds a little bit awkward with that idea. Unless the Killer got absolutely roflstomped, at least one Surv is likely going to die, so that makes this Perk a little more niche. In addition, I don’t think DBD has the coding to monitor the match you were previously in while you’re in another one and then say, “Oh, time to give this guy bonus BP.”
I’ll have to contemplate the DS rework of yours. I’ll get back to you on that.
Sweater Meme asked for barbells for Christmas but all he gets is nerfs!
The "BEAST OF PREY" one is probably my favorite out of the bunch. That'd be really strong.