How do you treat trolling swf

Have been playing solo saviour a lot lately, trying to help out what appear to be really bad survivors. It was fun but have been seeing a lot more pairing with high rank swf groups now. Due to this I started to change my play style and began messing with them.

I take the beginning of the match to run the map and drop as many pallets as possible before catching the killer's attention. My main focus on any or all strong loops first before starting gens.

Not to any surprise, so many boosted survivors have no skill set outside of baiting killers to these locations, relying on meta perks to extend it's usefulness.

Without them utilizing any other strategies I was actually able to increase my own survival rates practicing gates against different killers and soloing end game.

Just to be clear I am not destroying all pallets across the map only the strong ones before first gen pops or I'm chased by the killer.

Comments

  • Only SWF are allowed to troll. That's the rule break that will get you banned

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2016498#Comment_2016498

    They only send that if they are actually banning them. Xbox does actually take some things pretty seriously.

    That's good then :)

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    @Pulsar

    @th3

    So I'm not allowed to use pallets for a distraction or to run the killer for a loop back to where I know the pallets are?

    Yes I am using up a resource but I am using them and the killer is still attempting to kill me. No different than forcing a killer to give up a chase.

    Except, you aren't. You literally said you are doing this to troll SWF and you are dropping pallets BEFORE the Killer finds you.

    There are two scenario's. You are either a low Ranked player who thinks that pre-dropping every pallet is a good strategy, or you are trying to troll your teammates because you KNOW it isn't.

    So, which is it?

  • @OmegaXII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2016417#Comment_2016417

    Nah. The game loading tip says you can drop pallet far away to “distract” the killer.

    It is really there

    The game also says that DC'ing is a reportable offense, but, it isn't.

  • @VikingWilson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2016417#Comment_2016417

    BHVR doesn't pay attention to reports, who are you fooling?

    Well, it might take awhile, but BHVR does ban people. Just not flying hatchet throwing GhostFace's.

  • Imagine taking the time out of your day to sabotage a game just because people want to play with their friends, and then bragging about it on the forums despite it being clearly against the game rules.

    Pathetic.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2016546#Comment_2016546

    Well, it might take awhile, but BHVR does ban people. Just not flying hatchet throwing GhostFace's.

    To be fair they do ban cheaters if you go through all the hoops; the problem is they can't really keep them banned. They have no ability to really do so.

    They already have like the best commercial anti cheat on the market, unless another company develops a better one for them to use or switch over to they are kinda sol on that front.

  • @Mushwin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/234336/how-do-you-treat-trolling-swf

    uh i dont need or wish for skill and i have been rank 1 i just play the game in fun too many people are too serious of this game...anyone trolls you ignore works

    There's no fun in trolling the whole team for no reason and using most of the resources on the map.

  • @OmegaXII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2016417#Comment_2016417

    Nah. The game loading tip says you can drop pallet far away to “distract” the killer.

    It is really there

    Dropping not one but all strong loop pallets to distract the killer is griefing. Especially when the killer doesn't even bother to go for them. Dropping one pallet is acceptable but to drop 5 or 6 for no reason isn't.

  • @th3

    I don't deny that the end goal is malicious by your standards, but the actions I'm taking are no different than a designated runner on a team occupying the killers time. I am utilizing everything for my survival and nothing is lost team wise in terms of progression as the killer is focused on someone else away from the resources or on me resulting in my death or personal satisfying actions. I make safe saves and play my part outside of resource management.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    @th3

    I don't deny that the end goal is malicious by your standards, but the actions I'm taking are no different than a designated runner on a team occupying the killers time. I am utilizing everything for my survival and nothing is lost team wise in terms of progression as the killer is focused on someone else away from the resources or on me resulting in my death or personal satisfying actions. I make safe saves and play my part outside of resource management.

    “I take the beginning of the match to run the map and drop as many pallets as possible before catching the killer's attention.”

    Totally dude, if you want to look less like a clown I would edit your original post where you expressly state you are trolling your team. Every post since that have been trying to excuse this behavior which make no mistake is detrimental to your team and can get you banned if they report you. You just should stop as nothing you are saying is making sense.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2016541#Comment_2016541

    The game also says that DC'ing is a reportable offense, but, it isn't.

    It is. That’s why we have DC penalty.

  • It's a bit weird but it's actually explicitly not reportable. The devs have said several times that people should not report people for disconnecting, as the DC penalties are there to take care of it and reporting on top of that is a complete waste of time.

    But the descriptions of the in-game reporting reasons certainly need to be reworked and made more clear. Like how it doesn't specify anything about "bodyblocking" and it leads to completely untrue and misinformed claims like claiming it's against the rules to keep someone in a corner while chainsawing them or survivors taking hits on the way to the hook. They pretty much need to be completely rewritten if you ask me.

  • @oxygen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2016782#Comment_2016782

    It's a bit weird but it's actually explicitly not reportable. The devs have said several times that people should not report people for disconnecting, as the DC penalties are there to take care of it and reporting on top of that is a complete waste of time.

    But the descriptions of the in-game reporting reasons certainly need to be reworked and made more clear. Like how it doesn't specify anything about "bodyblocking" and it leads to completely untrue and misinformed claims like claiming it's against the rules to keep someone in a corner while chainsawing them or survivors taking hits on the way to the hook. They pretty much need to be completely rewritten if you ask me.

    i guess it’s on their to-do list.. but very very low priority...

    it might take years to happen... like how they look at color blind mode..

  • what the hell is wrong with you

  • @Pulsar said:

    This...I'm fairly sure this is actually reportable.

    DO NOT DO THIS!

    I am almost certain it is. I would strongly recommend OP stop this before someone records them doing so and gets them banned.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2016407#Comment_2016407

    I am almost certain it is. I would strongly recommend OP stop this before someone records them doing so and gets them banned.

    Considering his responses and his attempt to edit the original post to make it less incriminating, I doubt they care.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    @Pulsar

    @th3

    So I'm not allowed to use pallets for a distraction or to run the killer for a loop back to where I know the pallets are?

    Yes I am using up a resource but I am using them and the killer is still attempting to kill me. No different than forcing a killer to give up a chase.

    You can get the same result by repeatedly fast vaulting a window or locker, this way you aren’t being that dead weight teammate that nobody likes.

    You. Are. Wasting. Resources. Stop it.