Training Grounds

I know there's already a tutorial, but would it be possible to set up a practice mode where new players can play against either an A.I. killer or A.I survivors? Maybe you could choose the difficulty as well. That way, somebody could try out a new killer without having to wait for rank reset or get the hang of new builds as survivor. It could be a nice environment for new players to get the hang of things without jumping right into ranked mode. There's KWF, but that's not always an option if your friends aren't online. You wouldn't gain BPs, level, or shards, but that probably goes without saying. Sorry if this is a stupid idea, but I decided to through it out there. Any thought?

Comments

  • not gonna happen. just not worth the huge time and programming required to make an even semi decent ai for either side, especially from a small company.

    for a good example of this, look at this garbage bots in f13 that dont do anything but get stuck everywhere
  • @Lowbei said:
    not gonna happen. just not worth the huge time and programming required to make an even semi decent ai for either side, especially from a small company.

    for a good example of this, look at this garbage bots in f13 that dont do anything but get stuck everywhere

    Fair point. But I thought the bots in F13 were bad because the devs didn't bother making them any good. The devs for DBD seem to have have passion for their game, so maybe in the future this could be implemented.

  • @ShrimpTwiggs said:
    I know there's already a tutorial, but would it be possible to set up a practice mode where new players can play against either an A.I. killer or A.I survivors? Maybe you could choose the difficulty as well. That way, somebody could try out a new killer without having to wait for rank reset or get the hang of new builds as survivor. It could be a nice environment for new players to get the hang of things without jumping right into ranked mode. There's KWF, but that's not always an option if your friends aren't online. You wouldn't gain BPs, level, or shards, but that probably goes without saying. Sorry if this is a stupid idea, but I decided to through it out there. Any thought?

    Just create a new smurf account and practice there against new players. Or smurf account survivors...

  • @Condorloco_26 said:

    @ShrimpTwiggs said:
    I know there's already a tutorial, but would it be possible to set up a practice mode where new players can play against either an A.I. killer or A.I survivors? Maybe you could choose the difficulty as well. That way, somebody could try out a new killer without having to wait for rank reset or get the hang of new builds as survivor. It could be a nice environment for new players to get the hang of things without jumping right into ranked mode. There's KWF, but that's not always an option if your friends aren't online. You wouldn't gain BPs, level, or shards, but that probably goes without saying. Sorry if this is a stupid idea, but I decided to through it out there. Any thought?

    Just create a new smurf account and practice there against new players. Or smurf account survivors...

    I don't like the idea of smurfing against lower ranked or new players. It kinda ruins their fun.

  • @ShrimpTwiggs said:

    I don't like the idea of smurfing against lower ranked or new players. It kinda ruins their fun.

    I'm taking you're trying to learn nurse, spirit or huntress, since any other killer can be learned at any rank. Just don't kill them, practice your blinks, throws or phase walks, injure them, and proceed to look for another survivor. You don't even need to hook them.

    Edit: grammar correction

  • @Condorloco_26 said:

    @ShrimpTwiggs said:

    I don't like the idea of smurfing against lower ranked or new players. It kinda ruins their fun.

    I'm taking you're trying to learn nurse, spirit or huntress, since any other killer can be learned at any rank. Just don't kill them, practice your blinks, throws or phase walks, injure them, and proceed look for another survivor. You don't even need to hook them.

    True, but I'm kinda competitive so I'd like to practice without sacrificing rank. And it probably wouldn't be fun for the survivors I go up against to face a killer who's not really trying to win. It's not just about me either. I think having a place where newer players can get the hang of things, try new killers, and new builds would be good for the health of the game. But, as Lowbei said, it's probably not gonna happen any time soon.

  • @ShrimpTwiggs said:

    True, but I'm kinda competitive so I'd like to practice without sacrificing rank. And it probably wouldn't be fun for the survivors I go up against to face a killer who's not really trying to win. It's not just about me either. I think having a place where newer players can get the hang of things, try new killers, and new builds would be good for the health of the game. But, as Lowbei said, it's probably not gonna happen any time soon.

    Simpler things haven't yet happened, so I'll have to agree on that.

  • It would be nice, especially for us new players. I already sit and stare at the goddamn lobby screen for far too long as a Rank 20 Killer. I would like, for example, to practice Nurse's blink. But when I average two matches an hour (that hour includes the playtime for the two matches), I might as well forget ever learning Nurse unless I just want to one-trick.

    At least with a Training Grounds, there is a way for us new folk to learn the maps, or practice certain Killer powers, et cetera, with the low-rank Killer queues on PC being an absolute joke.

    I love DBD, but if these queues for new Killers keep up, I might just end-up going back to another game. It takes far too long to learn the game as a Killer with sitting in Lobby until I want to fall asleep. Not fun.

    On a different note about those queues (since I don't want any Training Grounds to ever offer bloodpoints or progression) never mind being able to play enough to finally rank up to 15, where most people hover at the minimum. I'd have to play enough hours out of a day that it'd become a career, and I already have one of those.

    I notice that DBD on the Steam Charts averages 25k-30k players during the late afternoon, and only like 13k-15k during prime gaming time in the evening (when I have a chance to game). I'm sorry, do people that play DBD on PC not work during the day?

  • @fcc2014 @Vietfox The dawn of a new era...
  • Even not a full mode more of a situational mode. Like stop the survivors from finishing the last generator. End the chase as quick as possible. etc stuff like that. Experience is the one thing the devs can't give people that struggle with this game. Maybe beating them over the head by having tutorials means less garbage players. I'm dreamer though so....