Food and Water
in Lore
So, there is never a reference of the survivors eating, drinking, etc.
Maybe this is because it would be a pointless bit of information to add to the game, but I wonder if the survivors need to in it’s realm. The Hag certainly has references to eating dragon fly wings and dead fly mud balls as add-ons to gain power, and she eats the survivors with her Mori when allowed, or after doing enough damage. Is this a special case because of her backstory?
What do y’all think?
Comments
I agree, but I wonder how as well. It the entity actively altering reality? Does this dimension remove the need for sustainence? Are they dead and in some limbo? Or does it have something to do with the he fact that time works different in the entities realm, and time doesn’t truly pass by?
And if the survivors were to escape SOMEHOW, would the go back tot heir place and time or some random place and time?
Benedict does imply that they're dead. In one of his journals, he says something like "Whoever finds my body (...)".
I thought they were out of time and on a loop no need for sleep or sustenance.
No they do sleep as once they get to the camp fire according to our boy Benedict Baker they get extremely calm and fall asleep, As they are sleeping they see the bloodweb.
Keeping the survivors hungry and never giving them a way to satiate that need totally sounds like something the entity would do.
Its just kind of conventionality. I mean, if in videogame you aren't shown that characters take a #########, or eat/sleep/perform any other action not really relevant to story - its normal. And this doesn't mean they don't perform these actions somewhere behind scenes.
I honestly don't really know what Benedict meant when he said that, although I doubt he was communicating to the real world. At that point he knew there would be no escape, maybe he just thought that, in some way, he could die permanently, leaving a body behind. Who knows. Maybe the writers just put that line in because they thought it was cool
I've never heard of the concept of hunger being mentioned in the game, but I haven't heard of a lacking of it mentioned either. I think it's best to assume they aren't hungry, nor can they starve, but they can eat if they want to. We have seen the Survivors go after things like Margarita machines, and they also have Escape! Cakes (which may or may not be real) but I think they just toss em' in the fire. I doubt the Entity makes them starve perpetually because there's simply no point for that. If they could eat, though, that would be another driving force for hope. It does belong somewhere in the Fog, it's really just a matter of whether or not it really does.
tl;dr; probably not but the writers do have room to implement it