A plague buff (Two Ideas)

The plague Is the lowest picked killer for a good reason, although her power is strong, her corrupt purge is only accessible from the survivors, which I think is an unfair design. I'm trying to make the penalty much stronger when there broken, maybe a new power.

Idea 1

New power: Curse of Adiris

Her new power will be gold, this is another fountain. The new fountain will also spawn at the beginning but subsequence ones will spawn every 5 minutes, you have to consume 1 to get the next. The gold fountain will not down and after you effect 1 person, the ability will disappear. When the survivor has the "Gold broken status effect", they can not do any actions and has to cleanse.

Idea 2

When a survivor is broken, they can also be downed from the sickness. The timer will be 120 seconds. The timer will obviously not go down when In chase.

Comments

  • or just fix her. Her puke seems to go through people 90% of the time

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    or just fix her. Her puke seems to go through people 90% of the time

    That wouldn't fix her pick rate, just saying. She's just an M1 killer, well at least if the survivors don't cleanse. You could tunnel and slug to force them to cleanse but that is a boring playstyle. That fix would be a start though, it needs to connect 100% of the time.

  • I think all sick survivors should spread the sickness, even when they aren't broken. Been saying this for nearly 2 years.

  • Implementing a survivor getting shaved if they don't cleanse it in time like deep wound come help a bit. I'm not too familiar with what the plague is lacking because I don't have her. If it's her gen pressure/chase/ or just crappy power.

  • @Afius said:

    Implementing a survivor getting shaved if they don't cleanse it in time like deep wound come help a bit. I'm not too familiar with what the plague is lacking because I don't have her. If it's her gen pressure/chase/ or just crappy power.

    Per power is Top tier but again, It's the survivor who controls her power. (The Apple Add-ons don't count)

  • I'd love an adding that removes the ability to cleanse or just not cleanse unless broken

    Also I think fountains shouldn't get reset if survivors fill all the fountains. it should punish survivors for over cleansing. not punish the killer...

  • This doesn't address why she is weak, her problem is her pools being too rng as well as her hit consistency.

    Imo they need to allow her to use corrupted pools at range but with less duration, something like this.

    New ability: Solicit Chant

    Interact with a pool of devotion from a distance to gain corrupt purge but greatly reduces its duration.

    • Distance 20 meters
    • corrupt purge duration 20 seconds
    • interaction time 3 seconds, movement speed is greatly reduced similar to leatherface in tantrum, you also chant during this time which warns survivors


  • @SleepyWillo said:

    I'd love an adding that removes the ability to cleanse or just not cleanse unless broken

    Also I think fountains shouldn't get reset if survivors fill all the fountains. it should punish survivors for over cleansing. not punish the killer...

    But her power still would never activate if nobody cleanses, devs need to add a mechanic to make plague get the power another way.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    This doesn't address why she is weak, her problem is her pools being too rng as well as her hit consistency.

    Imo they need to allow her to use corrupted pools at range but with less duration, something like this.

    New ability: Solicit Chant

    Interact with a pool of devotion from a distance to gain corrupt purge but greatly reduces its duration.

    • Distance 20 meters
    • corrupt purge duration 20 seconds
    • interaction time 3 seconds, movement speed is greatly reduced similar to leatherface in tantrum, you also chant during this time which warns survivors

    Yes this is a good idea but I would remove the movement speed penalty...still need to find a way to get her power another way.

    (I'm on about the survivors not your idea lol).

  • @REL1_C said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2013590#Comment_2013590

    Yes this is a good idea but I would remove the movement speed penalty...still need to find a way to get her power another way.

    (I'm on about the survivors not your idea lol).

    the movement speed penalty is to balance it out altho it could be faster i guess but it still should be pretty slow.

    This is to give survivors distance since plague is going into her corrupt purge which is a very strong ability and in 20 seconds the plague should be able to hit that survivor especially since even with the slowdown that survivor will still be in range.

    I don't think she needs another way to get corrupt purge if they do something like this, the reason is because you could then have a build focused on punishing survivors for being injured and you can still use apple addons to get corrupted pools (up to 3) which you can use to snowball.

  • From the sound of it they need to give the survivors a reason to cleanse and more consistency with hit and fountain.

    Would fountain locations be better if they're in the same spot every game?