Whats up with The Game rn?

Yesterday had my first 2 times of being on the game, only one time where I was doing a break through build (Brutal, enduring, spirit fury)


Why does this map have so many pallets? Why is it that I found that 7 of them are god pallets (That I found)

Comments

  • There are probably more than 7 god pallets tbh.

    The devs reason for having so many pallets most likely is because it's so large and open with so few vaults and lockers and other things to work with.

    However, they definitely over compensated; and balance aside it makes for very stale gameplay too. But hey, it looks nice right? That's what matters I guess.

  • Maybe the devs want to test how filling the map with pallets feels balance wise.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    There are probably more than 7 god pallets tbh.

    The devs reason for having so many pallets most likely is because it's so large and open with so few vaults and lockers and other things to work with.

    However, they definitely over compensated; and balance aside it makes for very stale gameplay too. But hey, it looks nice right? That's what matters I guess.

    only 7? more of 15.

  • The devs finally threw the survivors a bone.

  • @Zixology said:

    The devs finally threw the survivors a bone.

    Wait, what?!

  • Lack of playtesting from the devs. Some of these pallets are absurd and I’m baffled that they even made it to the PTB.

  • Am I really one of the only people that feels like the pallets on the Game are not that big of an issue? Like indoor maps are my favorites because I don't just chase a survivor in their footsteps. I take alternate paths and intercept and it makes pallets far less of an issue. I regularly get 2-3 kills on this map (believe me, 4Ks are not that important).

  • @Volfgang57 said:

    Am I really one of the only people that feels like the pallets on the Game are not that big of an issue? Like indoor maps are my favorites because I don't just chase a survivor in their footsteps. I take alternate paths and intercept and it makes pallets far less of an issue. I regularly get 2-3 kills on this map (believe me, 4Ks are not that important).

    I agree with your statement in that the map is balanced. Hard to locate gens and loops, loads of LoS breakers and incredibly good totem spawns. But survivors do have a lot of tools in their advantage. The biggest issue with this map now is how awful it feels to play in, its a w key sim for survivors and a space bar spam game for killers

  • Every single pallet on that map is completely safe. The only saving grace is the breakable wall trap-rooms, that usually have a safe pallet but no way out

  • I've been playing since 2018 and this is by far the worst map I've ever seen. It's nothing but safe pallets and god pallets, there's no gameplay for killers. The only way you get a hit is if a survivor gets greedy or if they run into a dead end. I honestly think they should pull it from the pool for a few weeks and have some adjustments ready for the mid chapter. Remove a few god pallets, lower the safety of a few other pallets, and make sure the map flows route wise for survivors.

  • The Game was typically a weak map for survivors, so I think they were trying to equalize it by adding pallets that seemed more like filler pallets, but turned out to be a little more powerful than intended.

    Plus, the design of the game isn't traditional. You can have 3 jungle gyms next to each other on Macmillan Estate, but the Game is generated in square rooms that are enclosed off by walls. The reason that these pallets are in such proximity to each other is that, since these walls prevent movement between them, unlike Macmillan where you can go wherever the hell you want, it's more like running a maze. There is a set path you have to go, and you can't just run through the hedges whenever you like. The design philosophy answer to this is to make up for restricted mobility by introducing strong pallets, which they probably went a little overboard with.

  • It's a function of the devs being laser focused on statistics over the outcomes if people play optimal.

    The Game was never a bad map for survivors. Kill rates were high because survivors would run past two safe pallets into a wall and then farm each other without BT.

    It always had an absurd number of safe pallets that survivors should never take hits at. Then it got buffed for whatever reason. Probably due to kill rates.

  • Because the map has like 2 windows, almost no LoS blockers on the top floor, very clustered gens and few lockers so they went with a ton of pallets, it makes for a very boring gamestyle where you have to burn pallet after pallet.

  • @Zixology said:

    The devs finally threw the survivors a bone.

    What?

  • I guess the devs wanted to increase the budget of the Game map, so they decided we need more god pallets and not more windows.