What is a reasonable amount of exhaustion a killer should be able to inflict?
I would say that an addition of 8 seconds would work.
Excluding killers that can spam their power like clown or snare Freddy
But I am curious what the community thinks
I would say that an addition of 8 seconds would work.
Excluding killers that can spam their power like clown or snare Freddy
But I am curious what the community thinks
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
None. I'm fine with Mindbreaker because that's a perk slot, but an add on slot shouldn't be able to inflict exhaustion.
I'd say between 8 and 10 seconds on an add-on would be fair, maybe up to 20 if it's their main power.
Like PH's purple add-ons but with 10 seconds Exhaustion instead of the useless 60 seconds of Oblivious.
*glares menacingly at Huntress*
Anything more than 15-20 seconds is overkill imo. A Huntress shouldn't be able to hit you with a hatchet to disable your exhaustion perks until you get hooked. On the other hand, Mindbreaker's 5 second exhaustion feels a too short since survivors with Sprint Burst can get rid of it after 1-2 pallets/windows. 20 seconds would be good to me, it would remove the survivors exhaustion perk for that chase but you would need to reapply for future chases.
None now honestly. It was brought in with add ons etc back in the day because survivors recovered it mid chase so could use a perk every 40 seconds extending each chase multiple times depending on how well they were in chase. Now they can only use it once and they can't recover it unless they either walk or stay still until the timer goes down.
Probably like 8 to 10 seconds.
Id say about 10 seconds since they will get a speed boost anyways after a hit for a number of seconds so really the first 5 seconds a survivor should be pretty easily safe. Killers should all be given an exhaustion addon as an option since that is the only direct counter to the exhaustion perks. I'm all for everything being able to have a direct counter as an option in the game.
Mind breaker is way too weak to be worth playing imo
0.
Seriously, Mindbreaker takes up a whole Perk Slot for 5 seconds. Add Ons should be less impactful than Perks.
You love that image don't you?
I'd argue 10, but anything more than 15 is broken.
When I'm survivor, I rarely run exhaustion perks but it's still depressing when I see killers relying on these add-ons.
Most of the time it doesn't matter how long the timer is because you're inflicting the effect mid-chase when they won't be able to recover anyways.
None, I don't think an addon should override a whole perk slot.
Can you blame me? The Moo moo looks so angy!
Id like to see a status effect that disables exhaustion perks without causing exhaustion. Like hitting a survivor with your power inflicts the 'confused' status effect for 5 seconds (or some arbitrary time limit based on the power). When 'confused' you can't do anything but run, crouch and vault.
Not every killer would get this ability but it would serve the same function as current exhaustion perks without the need to walk to recover.