What's with all the AFK killers

I've had 4 matches in a row today all killers either being completely AFK or standing in one spot and just spamming the attack button. It wasn't even the same killer either they were all different players.

Also why have the devs removed the ability to get into chase with them unless they are moving as well? At least before you could farm some boldness points and hope to pip or at least safety pip and try and get something out of the match but now you can't even do that anymore.

Comments

  • Could be people just farming BP while they're sleeping, working or just afk in general so that when they get back they've both deranked for easier games and now have a truckload of BP waiting for them

  • So you're telling me they removed the one way to get any type of chase points for when the killer is AFK.. but won't actually fix AFKness itself.

    Yup. That's BHVR for ya.

  • I think I read something about that as means to complete the rift? The simply spam games while doing something in real life to progress the grind?

  • Rank reset soon. Plus a new killer soon as well. People dont wanna get bullied or verse try hard players with a new and under leveled killer. Or adepts, killer adepts are stupid as hell at rank 1 so...

  • @BitingSea said:

    Could be people just farming BP while they're sleeping, working or just afk in general so that when they get back they've both deranked for easier games and now have a truckload of BP waiting for them

    But now they've removed the ability to get into chase with them they have only been getting around 450 bp. I mean maybe they are farming iri shards but I just wish I could at least farm some boldness points myself and try and salvage something from the match.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2009938#Comment_2009938

    But now they've removed the ability to get into chase with them they have only been getting around 450 bp. I mean maybe they are farming iri shards but I just wish I could at least farm some boldness points myself and try and salvage something from the match.

    It is a pretty unfortunate thing, just do your best to get some safety pips and keep healing your teammates if the afk has an M1 macro and you should safety pip, bonus BP for doing totems, plundering and opening the second gate, just be careful though because if they down someone during EGC it could be an endgame build

  • @burt0r said:

    I think I read something about that as means to complete the rift? The simply spam games while doing something in real life to progress the grind?

    this is what they are doing.

  • @Karao_Ke said:

    So you're telling me they removed the one way to get any type of chase points for when the killer is AFK.. but won't actually fix AFKness itself.

    Yup. That's BHVR for ya.

    It wouldn't be BHVR if one side did not get the short end of the stick.

    ------------

    @Kirkylad said:

    I've had 4 matches in a row today all killers either being completely AFK or standing in one spot and just spamming the attack button. It wasn't even the same killer either they were all different players.

    Also why have the devs removed the ability to get into chase with them unless they are moving as well? At least before you could farm some boldness points and hope to pip or at least safety pip and try and get something out of the match but now you can't even do that anymore.

    You must be really unlucky.

    Very rarely do I run into one of these bots.

    I've met them at red ranks and people do this for various reasons. Once they reach red rank, they do this until they wake up, come back from AFK or whatever

  • @Karao_Ke said:

    So you're telling me they removed the one way to get any type of chase points for when the killer is AFK.. but won't actually fix AFKness itself.

    Yup. That's BHVR for ya.

    Yep that was the one saving grace about going against AFK players but now we can't even do that anymore.

  • @Pilot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2009939#Comment_2009939

    It wouldn't be BHVR if one side did not get the short end of the stick.

    ------------

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/233772/whats-with-all-the-afk-killers

    You must be really unlucky.

    Very rarely do I run into one of these bots.

    I've met them at red ranks and people do this for various reasons. Once they reach red rank, they do this until they wake up, come back from AFK or whatever

    Normally it's every now and again but for some reason this gaming session it's been one after the other. Never been this bad before.

  • I think they are dead inside.

  • The spam attack over and over is a bot