How do you escape the basement after saving a teammate?
You're the only survivor who goes into the basement to save your teammate.
The killer is on his way and very close to the stairs.
Do you have a way to get out of there without getting down with your teammate?
Comments
I take the stairs
Be healthy. Have BT. Either wait for the killer to leave or be far away. Do not let them see your tracks. They will turn around if they do. If you get hit while making the save your just hook trading. Only go for a save if you can unhook before getting hit.
If the killer is hard camping the basement then don't bother. Do gens and get out.
You run BT
or hope the killer is beyond boosted and he'll miss you both in a tight enclosed space.
Dead hard / head on also exists.
If you have Borrowed Time, you're healthy, and the Killer can't instadown or cheese BT with a Terror Radius influencing effect, you can reliably at least have a chance to leave the Basement itself.
There's also some other fringe scenarios, like being able to use Head On to get a killer stun or timing a really good Dead Hard.
However, usually if the Killer has seen you going towards a hooked teammate and is following you, a hook trade at minimum is probably inevitable. That holds true even outside The Basement, and The Basement is supposed to be an advantageous area for the Killer.
Quick and quiet in the locker and wait for the killer to start the search. Then I rush the stairs to freedom.
Go in healthy. Don't run in letting killer see your scratch marks, if they see those they are going to stick around. Take a hit for the teammate going up the stairs.
If killer is camping though I don't even bother, I focus on gens instead. Survivors giving camping killers hooks/kills encourages camping.
If you really enjoy dumpster-diving, I would recommend having Head On ready.
BT DH, EZ
Run up the stairs
Like most people says run BT it comes in handy in a lot of situations. You can't always save at the best time and the extra survivor can really help.
As for some atypical answers, not to say these are amazing options
You could pebble if you are by the chest (behind the lockers at base of basement) at the other lockers. Just time it as killer is coming downstairs so they go straight to it
Fireworks if ya got them to blind
If had some killers fall for a point at a locker as if I'm ratting a player out and run like he'll after the go over to the locker
Crouch directly left of stairs in the corner. Killer sometimes neglect to check their first and you can run behind them. You may take a hit
There's a few unmentioned options.
After thinking this over I really want to try basement pebble
Either have BT and bait the killer into swiping at your unhooked mate or run Head On, wait in a locker for the perfect opportunity. The stun will give you enough time to get up the stairs and vault the window.
Use your ace in the hole to find a medkit with a syptic agent and use it get out ez
Dead Hard.
Locker flashlight save
Well, If I’m the killer just play Blendette and stand very still. You can leave after I leave.