Swf needs some kind of nerf

Swf needs some kind of nerf. It's just not fair right now that 4 people talk to each other, can a optimized 16 perk build and combine perks and offerings perfectly.

These are only advantages that a normel survivor don't have and who are making the killers job much harder than and sometimes make it impossible to play.

Yeah I know there are much more normal people who just play with friends to have fun and are not abusing this system but these people who do it really can destroy this game for others.

My idea for nerf:

For every friend in the round there will be a 2,5% slowdown for gens to a maximum of 10%

Yeah I know this sounds like much but I know everyone here who played more then a few hours knows how strong a swf team can be.

I'm happy to hear other ideas or discuss this like a normal adult being.

Comments

  • We know but the devs won't do it because of money

    The best we can hope for is they buff solo survivors and then balance killers around that. (this will never happen)

  • @Zozzy said:

    We know but the devs won't do it because of money

    The best we can hope for is they buff solo survivors and then balance killers around that. (this will never happen)

    Just because it'll never happen doesn't mean we can't hope and pray and advocate for it.

    Like a totem counter, for instance, but apparently a lot of the forums are against that idea for some reason.

  • I don't think that increase the gen time is the solution, it wouldn't adress the problem. I would nerf SWF by denying that all 4 survivors use the same 4 meta perks. Max 2 of the same perks in the lobby, like some tournaments do

  • A swf-indicator in the lobby would be a nice start. Checking profiles on steam to see who is playing the game together is already possible. So why not make it avaiable in the lobby?

    Or map priority for the killer if he uses a map offering.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2003155#Comment_2003155

    Just because it'll never happen doesn't mean we can't hope and pray and advocate for it.

    Like a totem counter, for instance, but apparently a lot of the forums are against that idea for some reason.

    They are against it because going against solo survivors is the only time they have fun.

    If you buff solo survivors then many killer perks and powers / addons become useless just as they are against coms.

    I want to play trapper but all he does is remind me how unfair this game is.

    I was playing ghost face, but every time i got a swf i would be broken out from half a map away or the survivors i am going towards all run early because they are constantly being warned by someone following me.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2003159#Comment_2003159

    They are against it because going against solo survivors is the only time they have fun.

    If you buff solo survivors then many killer perks and powers / addons become useless just as they are against coms.

    I want to play trapper but all he does is remind me how unfair this game is.

    I was playing ghost face, but every time i got a swf i would be broken out from half a map away or the survivors i am going towards all run early because they are constantly being warned by someone following me.

    But as you've said, having solos stronger allows BHVR to buff killers, as there's no longer such a massive power gap between them both. Having solos buffed would allow those killers to become significantly stronger and, whilst you can never replicate the certainty of having actually good teammates, once solos are stronger killers can also be stronger.

    That's what BHVR have to do and yet for some reason refuse to, and I honestly wish I could put into words how much it pisses me off that they don't.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2003203#Comment_2003203

    But as you've said, having solos stronger allows BHVR to buff killers, as there's no longer such a massive power gap between them both. Having solos buffed would allow those killers to become significantly stronger and, whilst you can never replicate the certainty of having actually good teammates, once solos are stronger killers can also be stronger.

    That's what BHVR have to do and yet for some reason refuse to, and I honestly wish I could put into words how much it pisses me off that they don't.

    They seem to be attempting to do it with perks. Kindred and the new open handed are going to be really powerful. The thing they are ignoring is that swf don't need these perks and can run full meta second chance instead.

    It is annoying.. if they didn't add swf then i doubt dbd would still be here. At the same time it is clear as day that it was not designed for it.

  • There is literally no way to nerf SWF without nerfing solos in some way or another. What BHVR need to do is close the gap between solo and SWF and the buff killers.

  • Another Fragile Killer has entered the game.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2003210#Comment_2003210

    They seem to be attempting to do it with perks. Kindred and the new open handed are going to be really powerful. The thing they are ignoring is that swf don't need these perks and can run full meta second chance instead.

    It is annoying.. if they didn't add swf then i doubt dbd would still be here. At the same time it is clear as day that it was not designed for it.

    Yeah, that's what I wish they'd do too; stop giving us perks to do what SWF gets for free.

    I'd have no problems with NOED if there was a totem counter. As it is, use a perk or an item.

    I'd have no problems with camping if there was kindred at base. As it is, use a perk.

    I'd have no problems with a lot of the things in this game. As it is, use a perk.

    Solos shouldn't have to make themselves even weaker by sacrificing their perk slots, and honestly I just wish BHVR would properly buff them at base to fix these issues instead of just giving us more and more perks. If I could stick Detective's Hunch in alongside Kindred, Alert, Open Handed, Bond, and Iron Will I'd love to, but unfortunately the 4 perk limit makes that kinda difficult.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2003219#Comment_2003219

    Yeah, that's what I wish they'd do too; stop giving us perks to do what SWF gets for free.

    I'd have no problems with NOED if there was a totem counter. As it is, use a perk or an item.

    I'd have no problems with camping if there was kindred at base. As it is, use a perk.

    I'd have no problems with a lot of the things in this game. As it is, use a perk.

    Solos shouldn't have to make themselves even weaker by sacrificing their perk slots, and honestly I just wish BHVR would properly buff them at base to fix these issues instead of just giving us more and more perks. If I could stick Detective's Hunch in alongside Kindred, Alert, Open Handed, Bond, and Iron Will I'd love to, but unfortunately the 4 perk limit makes that kinda difficult.

    I can't live without bond.

  • Ya know I never thought I'd find myself agreeing with you lol, but jfc the amount of things solos are expected to run to have equal footing to a perkless SWF is genuinely insulting.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2003233#Comment_2003233

    Ya know I never thought I'd find myself agreeing with you lol, but jfc the amount of things solos are expected to run to have equal footing to a perkless SWF is genuinely insulting.

    AU is mostly swf groups due to the size of the player pool. so my experience will be different from your experience.

    I still destroy survivors and can win some swf groups but it isn't fun and i can't play interesting killers without just accepting safety or depips.

    Survivor has it's frustrations but is heaps of fun and relaxing when the q times are not horrendous.

  • They're not going to punish people for playing with their friends. Simple as that.

  • @Xzan said:

    A swf-indicator in the lobby would be a nice start. Checking profiles on steam to see who is playing the game together is already possible. So why not make it avaiable in the lobby?

    Or map priority for the killer if he uses a map offering.

    Doubt it'll ever happen pre-game as darn near every killer would dodge each lobby, and so would I. Post game I'd be cool with but prolly not that either.

    Many killers these days just auto dodge any lobby without a couple of crossplayers in it as well. Dunno about the Steam stuff you mentioned maybe a PC thing.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2003201#Comment_2003201

    Doubt it'll ever happen pre-game as darn near every killer would dodge each lobby, and so would I. Post game I'd be cool with but prolly not that either.

    Many killers these days just auto dodge any lobby without a couple of crossplayers in it as well. Dunno about the Steam stuff you mentioned maybe a PC thing.

    Well I would dodge too, but only if I'm on a killer I'm not good with and want to do the daily.

    If you check profiles on Steam you can see the friendlist and search for the other survivor names in the lobby. Basically I get information from outside the game, which may give me an advantage. (which is the same what SWF provides)

  • @Xzan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2003627#Comment_2003627

    Well I would dodge too, but only if I'm on a killer I'm not good with and want to do the daily.

    If you check profiles on Steam you can see the friendlist and search for the other survivor names in the lobby. Basically I get information from outside the game, which may give me an advantage. (which is the same what SWF provides)

    Naw I play on Xbox, where we have barely heard of Steam

  • this is like the 500th suggestion I read that wants SWF to have a % action penalty. no, we shouldn't punish people for wanting to play with friends, imagine how easily abused this could be with penalty stacked addons like forever Freddy

  • how do you nerf SWF without punishing solo? your suggestion is not it.

  • Even SWFs can be bad players, it stands for Survive With 'Friends', not Survive With 'your elite commando teabag squad'.


    At most, I would see SWFs nerfed relative to their skill by way of the MMR score.

    If two people join a lobby together, the MMR score for both is increased by 10%.

    If three people join a lobby together, their MMR score is increased by 20%.

    All four? 40%.

    This way, they will (ideally) be matched up with killers of a higher skill to account for the upperhand they have in using additional communication.

    Obviously it falls apart at the highest skill level because there won't be any killers with a higher MMR score to match to, but then everything in this game falls apart when you have the elite clicky flashlight commando teabag squad anyway.

  • I agree as a person with no friends I think they should make people who have friends have less enjoyable gameplay. Buffing killers and solo play would be a fools errand and a waste of time

  • @Seraphor said:

    Even SWFs can be bad players, it stands for Survive With 'Friends', not Survive With 'your elite commando teabag squad'.

    At most, I would see SWFs nerfed relative to their skill by way of the MMR score.

    If two people join a lobby together, the MMR score for both is increased by 10%.

    If three people join a lobby together, their MMR score is increased by 20%.

    All four? 40%.

    This way, they will (ideally) be matched up with killers of a higher skill to account for the upperhand they have in using additional communication.

    Obviously it falls apart at the highest skill level because there won't be any killers with a higher MMR score to match to, but then everything in this game falls apart when you have the elite clicky flashlight commando teabag squad anyway.

    Not that I know a lot about MMR, but if somebody plays mostly SWF, I'd expect the MMR to reflect his strength in an SWF group so that it's not necessary to modify the MMR score (and if someone plays SWF once a week, then it shouldn't really matter).

    One aspect of MMR was, the higher the MMR of your opponent in comparison to yours, the more you gain in MMR if you win. So you beat someone with 40% higher MMR because SWF, system says, hey, you beat someone better than you, here your MMR goes up by quite a bit! And next time you search for a lobby, your opponent is another 40% higher in MMR. Doesn't sound quite right to me. Particularly not as - you said it yourself - there are plenty of very average SWF groups.