Oni demon dash

How would you feel if they reduced Oni’s demon dash startup time from 2.00 secs to 1.50 secs then nerfed Scalped Topknot to only Reduce 0.25 seconds off of the demon dash.

Comments

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    How would you feel if they reduced Oni’s demon dash startup time from 2.00 secs to 1.50 secs then nerfed Scalped Topknot to only Reduce 0.25 seconds off of the demon dash.

    I think Oni is already a strong Killer, but I don't think reducing the start up is too big a deal. I think it would be fine.

  • I change my answer to I would love it.

    @SOMENINJANAME said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/232218/oni-demon-dash

    I think Oni is already a strong Killer, but I don't think reducing the start up is too big a deal. I think it would be fine.


    The reason his GREEN addon the scalped topknot is so powerful is because it makes such a huge difference.

    This would make it much less impactful and make sense for a green addon, and it would help Oni in a chase. I know it seems werid buffing an already strong killer, but it is only to make his green addon make more sense. In some places, the Oni can't do much because it takes too long to channel his demon dash. The scalped topknot is incredibly powerful.

  • @Yords said:

    I change my answer to I would love it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1993154#Comment_1993154

    The reason his GREEN addon the scalped topknot is so powerful is because it makes such a huge difference.

    This would make it much less impactful and make sense for a green addon, and it would help Oni in a chase. I know it seems werid buffing an already strong killer, but it is only to make his green addon make more sense. In some places, the Oni can't do much because it takes too long to channel his demon dash. The scalped topknot is incredibly powerful.

    Your 100% correct about that the only change Oni needs was his demon dash and Scalped Topknot. Thank you

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1993183#Comment_1993183

    Your 100% correct about that the only change Oni needs was his demon dash and Scalped Topknot. Thank you

    Actually, his addons could use some changing and tweaking. But he is still good regardless.

  • I feel like Scalped Topknot should be reworked entirely. It's pretty much instasaw but for the Oni. I wouldn't mind a slightly smaller charge time for Demon Dash though.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    How would you feel if they reduced Oni’s demon dash startup time from 2.00 secs to 1.50 secs then nerfed Scalped Topknot to only Reduce 0.25 seconds off of the demon dash.

    I feel the base kit Oni power is too weak for what it can do. The base kit charge time of 2 seconds is too long, and only for 45 seconds of your ability, which might get wasted a lot with looping and pallets pre dropped is not enough

  • @Leonardo1ita said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/232218/oni-demon-dash

    I feel the base kit Oni power is too weak for what it can do. The base kit charge time of 2 seconds is too long, and only for 45 seconds of your ability, which might get wasted a lot with looping and pallets pre dropped is not enough

    I disagree Oni is actually top 5 best killers if you know how to use him. You have to use his demon dash at certain parts of the loop but if it’s a short loop let them drop the pallet so you don’t waste the dash.

  • I feel like Oni without addons is already really powerful, his addons only make him even stronger

    That said, they could nerf topknot and change one or two addons that adjust the demon dash charge time. Or make Topknot a Purple/Ultra Rare. It's far too powerful for a green

  • @Brokenbones said:

    I feel like Oni without addons is already really powerful, his addons only make him even stronger

    That said, they could nerf topknot and change one or two addons that adjust the demon dash charge time. Or make Topknot a Purple/Ultra Rare. It's far too powerful for a green

    I disagree with making Topknot ultra rare cause people said the same thing for Prayer beads and they nerfed the addon without Changing the rarity. All it needs is a reduce in numbers

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004321#Comment_2004321

    I disagree with making Topknot ultra rare cause people said the same thing for Prayer beads and they nerfed the addon without Changing the rarity. All it needs is a reduce in numbers

    I feel like it'd be an ultra rare because it does drastically change Oni's power to a high degree imo but hell maybe it just needs the numbers nerfed

    I'd be fine if it stayed as is and was made a purple tbh. Oni's one of those killers who I feel is basically perfect basekit wise although I'm sure not everyone agrees with that

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004329#Comment_2004329

    I feel like it'd be an ultra rare because it does drastically change Oni's power to a high degree imo but hell maybe it just needs the numbers nerfed

    I'd be fine if it stayed as is and was made a purple tbh. Oni's one of those killers who I feel is basically perfect basekit wise although I'm sure not everyone agrees with that

    I agree some people say he’s perfect basekit but I feel I needs a couple more changes. I would like I said on tip Reduce His demon dash startup time from 2.00 secs to 1.50 seconds then nerf the topknot. Then I would reduce his consumption penalty from 7 seconds to 5 seconds.

  • Or they could just nerf the add-on/increase the rarity. The difference it makes is too drastic for a green.

  • A nice idea to test in a PTB but I think his non-Demon form is what actually needs buffs.

  • @DawnMad said:

    A nice idea to test in a PTB but I think his non-Demon form is what actually needs buffs.

    I don’t think so because he’s supposed to be weak at the start he has no power he has to collect his power to be strong and injure as many people as you can.

  • While it's not a bad idea and would definitely help him out a bit, I'm mixed because considering Oni is already strong when in the right hands, I don't deem at as important/a priority and would be just fine if the addon kept that purpose instead of it practically being basekit. I'd like to see something improved for his M1 self instead.

  • @Karao_Ke said:

    While it's not a bad idea and would definitely help him out a bit, I'm mixed because considering Oni is already strong when in the right hands, I don't deem at as important/a priority and would be just fine if the addon kept that purpose instead of it practically being basekit. I'd like to see something improved for his M1 self instead.

    How would you feel if they increased his absorption movement speed to 95%?

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2010904#Comment_2010904

    How would you feel if they increased his absorption movement speed to 95%?

    That'd be interesting & a lot more viable imo.

  • Yes on the buff, but no on reducing Topknots effect by that much, it would make it worthless for a rare Add-on.

  • @Alionis said:

    Yes on the buff, but no on reducing Topknots effect by that much, it would make it worthless for a rare Add-on.

    What would you reduce it to cause Oni with topknot is Nurse spirit levels of strong.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011352#Comment_2011352

    What would you reduce it to cause Oni with topknot is Nurse spirit levels of strong.

    No less than 0.5 seconds, it's a green add-on ffs.

  • That’s to strong with my buff to 1.50 seconds and you reducing topknot to 0.50 secs it’s like I didn’t change him at all it would be the same topknot. 0.25 would be good cause it doesn’t make Oni overpowered

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011477#Comment_2011477

    That’s to strong with my buff to 1.50 seconds and you reducing topknot to 0.50 secs it’s like I didn’t change him at all it would be the same topknot. 0.25 would be good cause it doesn’t make Oni overpowered

    I'm of the opinion that he doesn't need to be nerfed in the first place and your suggestion would still make this add-on not worth being rare anymore.

  • @Alionis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011668#Comment_2011668

    I'm of the opinion that he doesn't need to be nerfed in the first place and your suggestion would still make this add-on not worth being rare anymore.

    I’m not nerfing Oni? I’m reducing his demon dash startup time so he can be more deadly in chase and I’m nerfing topknot so it’s not OP on him. If it’s to weak it will be a uncommon addon.

  • I love and hate this idea

    I love the changes, but I don't like the possible outcome of them


    hmmm

  • @Hoodied said:

    I love and hate this idea

    I love the changes, but I don't like the possible outcome of them

    hmmm

    That’s why there’s always a PTB to test it out