How do I avoid being flashlight blinded when stunned by a pallet?

How do I avoid being flashlight blinded when stunned by a pallet? Simple question, anyone?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • You don't unless you have lightborn.

  • I would say first issue is being pallet stunned. Try your best to avoid being stunned. Learn how to fake pallets, and back off so they drop them. Unless the pallet is super safe (i.e. Ormond's Lodge Pallets upstairs are god pallets while the downstairs one by the furniture is a joke) then try to avoid breaking the pallet and continue to chase.

    Pallet stuns followed by flashlights will happen, but doing the above will decrease the frequency.

  • You can’t but it’s actually good for you as the survivor isn’t making distance

  • You don't.

    Avoid the palette stun.

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    You don't unless you have lightborn.

    Or Enduring

  • @Phasmamain said:

    You can’t but it’s actually good for you as the survivor isn’t making distance

    This is true right here also don't avoid the pallet because that's how you end up looped at one pallet the whole game and especially if you're a m1 killer, your best bet is to not respect any pallets and force them to waste it and maybe give brutal strength a try since it speeds up your break time and gives them a shorter window to blind , or you could just run lightborn and eliminate flashlights all together

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1986628#Comment_1986628

    This is true right here also don't avoid the pallet because that's how you end up looped at one pallet the whole game and especially if you're a m1 killer, your best bet is to not respect any pallets and force them to waste it and maybe give brutal strength a try since it speeds up your break time and gives them a shorter window to blind , or you could just run lightborn and eliminate flashlights all together

    Depends on the survivor OP is facing.Respecting pallets CAN be good if the survivors keep camping the pallets

  • Lightborn or enduring can prevent it. But best way is to learn to deal with it. Learn to chase by sound and pay attention to the layout so you can chase blind for a while

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1986641#Comment_1986641

    Depends on the survivor OP is facing.Respecting pallets CAN be good if the survivors keep camping the pallets

    Yea but if they're good survivors that's going to make them chuckle and they'll make pallets last 2-3 times longer than they should've , anytime I'm in a match and someone calls out they respect pallets I know that's a easy W

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1986628#Comment_1986628

    This is true right here also don't avoid the pallet because that's how you end up looped at one pallet the whole game and especially if you're a m1 killer, your best bet is to not respect any pallets and force them to waste it and maybe give brutal strength a try since it speeds up your break time and gives them a shorter window to blind , or you could just run lightborn and eliminate flashlights all together

    Respecting pallets is the biggest mistake new players make imo

  • It's pretty hard to avoid it because you're locked in animation. What helps is that the survivor is often wasting a lot of time by getting that blind off (plus I run Enduring), and for some reason they don't realise that sounds are a thing and that we can track with audio as well - at most it buys a couple of seconds extra chase.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1986648#Comment_1986648

    Yea but if they're good survivors that's going to make them chuckle and they'll make pallets last 2-3 times longer than they should've , anytime I'm in a match and someone calls out they respect pallets I know that's a easy W

    Yes,i know.

    I just wanted to point out that respecting pallets can be good against bad players that camp pallets.

    Other than that you obviously shouldn't respect them

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1986641#Comment_1986641

    Respecting pallets is the biggest mistake new players make imo

    I'd argue that not knowing when to break a chase is far worse

  • You cant, however, being blinded at a pallet, either while stunned or kicking it, is good for you, since the survivor isn't gaining distance, and they'll be close enough to hear where they're going, so you just continue to chase as normal while blind

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1986657#Comment_1986657

    Yes,i know.

    I just wanted to point out that respecting pallets can be good against bad players that camp pallets.

    Other than that you obviously shouldn't respect them

    I actually quite like respecting pallets early in a chase, or at least the 1st pallet, then catch them out in subsequent chases when I definitely do not respect the pallet :) I also run BS & Enduring a lot (brutal strength is a bit of an addiction).

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1986671#Comment_1986671

    I actually quite like respecting pallets early in a chase, or at least the 1st pallet, then catch them out in subsequent chases when I definitely do not respect the pallet :) I also run BS & Enduring a lot (brutal strength is a bit of an addiction).

    Yeah,that seems like an interesting strat as well.Lets you test if they camp the pallet or not and punish them later if they think they can get greedy like the first time.

    (I love using Brutal Strength too,even if it's not that strong.The increased pallet/breakable wall breaking speed just feels so satisfying)

  • @Patrick1088 said:

    I would say first issue is being pallet stunned. Try your best to avoid being stunned. Learn how to fake pallets, and back off so they drop them. Unless the pallet is super safe (i.e. Ormond's Lodge Pallets upstairs are god pallets while the downstairs one by the furniture is a joke) then try to avoid breaking the pallet and continue to chase.

    Pallet stuns followed by flashlights will happen, but doing the above will decrease the frequency.

    Except that vacuum pallets seem to be back.

  • Ive only been playing since August 2020, but I guess you mean pallet hits seem to be larger? I have noticed weirder stuns lately. I thought maybe I was just getting too close and got hit.

  • You can't but there is a way to punish the survivor for flashlighting you at said pallet, you gotta remember where they are after the pallet is broken and follow in their said direction, listen if you have to. If they are injured it makes i tall the more better