The reason behind all this hate to the LGBT thing

I've see a lot of people saying that half of this community is homofobic and all that things, but I don't think they really are.

I think there are 2 valid reasons for the complains about the LGBT theme:

1- I think that many players are concern (including me) about the new chapter being focus on LGBT because we don't want BHVR to use that as a shield if they create a boring bad killer and 6 boring useless perks that no one is going to play. People want BHVR to create new interesting and fun mechanics. If they do that, I bet you that only a few idiots will still crying about that.


2- Politicians from all the world use the LGBT flag on their campaings as an evil way to get votes, so maybe all this people just don't want DbD to become political. I know BHVR wont do that but you have to understand that a lot of players use this great game as a way to live in another fun and fascinating reality.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Haraak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1979970#Comment_1979970

    Well that was why I made this post. I see people fighting eachother without understanding what the other part is saying. I think that I understand why there is hate on the LGBT topic, so I pointed out. That way, the next time someone is talking to a guy hating this representation, he will understand why does the other guy feels that guy. If you want to convince someone, first you need to understand what he is saying. Most people here think that every "I dont want a LGBT survivor" threat is because "they hate gay people". No they don't. They have other reasons to reject it, and because I think those reasons are wrong and are very easy to debate, then I just told everybody "ey, instead of calling them homofobic, try to explain them that they are not understanding this or that". But yea reading comprehension is not that high.

    That is fair point in regards of attacking each other - I think a lot comes partially of people slowly being tired of being told XYZ should not be in XYZ, because of XYZ, but I think it's important to be open and try to have a debate on both sides. Just some comments are over the top and maybe they come from a place of prejudice, but it's important to listen then too!

    I generally advise obviously, use the report button if someone says something breaking the rules!

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1979999#Comment_1979999

    You need to hit the Enter key more often and break up your text. Nobody likes to read walls of text.

    You can't complain that people don't read what you write when you don't even make the most basic effort to convey your thoughts in a legible manner.

    Yeah I'm just speed writing, earlier I was maintaining 7 conversations at the same time.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1979991#Comment_1979991

    Perhaps you need to brush up on your reading comprehension because you tremendously missed what I was getting at.

    I'll reiterate though. What you're doing is defending homophobia. You are taking time out of your day to explain why people dislike the prospect of an LGBTQ+ character rather than directly challenging those who are expressing that dislike. If your goal is to "conversate" and try to resolve the misunderstanding on the part of LGBTphobes then why are you spending your energy portraying homophobia in a way that is sympathetic and understandable?

    My god.

    I'm not portraying anything. I'm telling you "ey, when those guys say that, they feel that way, and they think that thing. Maybe if you talk to them with that in mind, if you address that point and you treat them as human beings and not some kind of monsters, then you can make them change".

    What you said was that "I was giving them a place to express themself". And this is the dangerous part. The part when you decide if someone can express himself or not.

  • @Haraak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1980018#Comment_1980018

    My god.

    I'm not portraying anything. I'm telling you "ey, when those guys say that, they feel that way, and they think that thing. Maybe if you talk to them with that in mind, if you address that point and you treat them as human beings and not some kind of monsters, then you can make them change".

    What you said was that "I was giving them a place to express themself". And this is the dangerous part. The part when you decide if someone can express himself or not.

    There is no reason to be against LGBT inclusion that does not also apply to heterosexual inclusion or isn't something that the devs have already done, unless it's based on homophobia.

    If you want to prove me wrong, then by all means, produce an argument that won't apply to something that's already in the game and/or heterosexuals.

  • @Thunderous_670 said:

    I don't get it, whatever happened to just letting the fans decide who's gay, straight or whatnot, and who's coupled with who? I mean sure we have Nurse and Wraith, but about the fandom that Nea and/or Yui are lesbians? Or David being gay? Because if we get an original character with a lgbtq background as their defining trait then perhaps it's time to start confirming everyone elses, even if dare I say, they are straight. Dang man, let the fandom decide, let us us our imagination.

    Wait I feel like my brain had a lapse Wraith and Nurse are actually a thing?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1979915#Comment_1979915

    Define, precisely and explicitly, a way in which an LGBT character could be added that you wouldn't feel was "forced".

    PS: You can say Nazism, there's no need to use the fully red herring name they gave themselves.

    I just realized what you said, the nazis didn't really call themselves nazis, that was the British Empire at the time, and obviously the U.S, the nazi is a derogatory term to their movement basically meaning peasant, or a stupid & clumsy person, (both were thought to be similar at the time.

  • @Chchchcheryl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1979644#Comment_1979644

    Wait I feel like my brain had a lapse Wraith and Nurse are actually a thing?

    Tragic Love Opera cosmetics descriptions hints they had a thing.

  • Okay, let's again try to cool down and not attack each other. Take a breather everyone and step away for a bit. Both sides. This is becoming very heated and hostile. It's important that we still keep an open mind as much as possible, I feel like right now it might be a bit of a miscommunication on both sides.

  • @Thunderous_670 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1979924#Comment_1979924

    I just realized what you said, the nazis didn't really call themselves nazis, that was the British Empire at the time, and obviously the U.S, the nazi is a derogatory term to their movement basically meaning peasant, or a stupid & clumsy person, (both were thought to be similar at the time.

    [shrug]

    It's still what they're known as, because the full name is disingenuous. This goes right to what I said before, about extremists being dishonest by nature.

  • @Chchchcheryl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1979644#Comment_1979644

    Wait I feel like my brain had a lapse Wraith and Nurse are actually a thing?

    Yeah, it's canon, it's pretty cool since I play Wraith and Nurse a lot, and the fan story behind besides lore for details is absolutely amazing and well-written, I recommend you check it out but yeah their canon.

  • @Chchchcheryl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1979644#Comment_1979644

    Wait I feel like my brain had a lapse Wraith and Nurse are actually a thing?

    people think they are according to the skins but then again i dont think someone who believes in eugenics would wanna date a nigerian man

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1980041#Comment_1980041

    Tragic Love Opera cosmetics descriptions hints they had a thing.

    Idk why I didn't even connect "The Heart of Miss Smithson" to Sally. And omg it literally says nurse in one of the descriptions.

    I'm ashamed of myself.

  • @Thunderous_670 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1979652#Comment_1979652

    Then fine, start specifying that David is more than likely straight since he'd more than likely beat people or chastize them for being gay, or just because Yui is a feminist then doesn't mean she's gay, I mean, as a straight person I always see how holes like that in fanfic, but that's why it's fanfic no one cares, your just allowed to believe in whatever you want and everyone can be happy without having a "truth" shoved down your throat because it's "canon".

    Chastise? That's kinda kinky ngl.

    And he's from the 1950s about not the 1840s jeez

    Plus bi people DID exist lmao

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1980009#Comment_1980009

    "Most people here think that every "I dont want a LGBT survivor" threat is because "they hate gay people". No they don't."

    YES. Yes. They. Do.

    That's the whole point. That's the entire problem. You're falling face first into the point and still missing it.

    There's not a valid reason to be against LGBTQ+ representation in Dead by Daylight. By claiming to "understand" their reasoning you're literally just protecting homophobic ideals.

    I'm not saying there is a valid reason to be againts it. I'm saying that SOME people have other reasons that pure hate. Some of them just hate gay people, for sure, but you can not prove that ALL OF THEM. Unless you know everyone of them or you can look into their hearts with some kind of magic, I'm affraid you can not tell what they really feel just by reading a few lines. I've read many posts on the topic and any of them goes something like "I DONT WANT A LGBT SURVIVOR BECAUSE I HATE THEM". Some of them are hiding their true hate behind other arguments? Yea for sure. But because you are not any kind of god you can not know it. I believe that most of those guys are just thinking about LGBT in a wrong way. They think it is something is not, they are WRONG, but they are not BAD. So we should talk to them.


    If you think that ALL OF THEM are just bad people, then maybe you have some prejudice.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1980044#Comment_1980044

    [shrug]

    It's still what they're known as, because the full name is disingenuous. This goes right to what I said before, about extremists being dishonest by nature.

    That's the thing though, the term "Nazi" propaganda and luckily, since we won we've kept it up ever since, the term "nazi" in my opinion, is still one of the greatest pieces of media propaganda in my opinion, their writers did a great job in making iconic and infamous an synonymous with being terrible human beings.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1980041#Comment_1980041

    people think they are according to the skins but then again i dont think someone who believes in eugenics would wanna date a nigerian man

    I feel like whoever wrote the rift lore didn't read up on the other lores first. Kinda like certain movie franchises where new people come in and ignore what already happened previous movies.

    Edit to add - look at Legion rift lore where it didn't add up with what their lore says.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1980049#Comment_1980049

    I feel like whoever wrote the rift lore didn't read up on the other lores first. Kinda like certain movie franchises where new people come in and ignore what already happened previous movies.

    me neither but apparently bhvr forwarded the feedback from the lore onto the writing team and a rewrite may be happening lol

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1980033#Comment_1980033

    We, as LGBTQ+ people, do not exist to educate homophobes. We aren't encyclopedias to use to "change" the minds of people who are against our inclusion in society. We have better things to do with our free time than "conversate" with people who are, quite literally, against our existence.

    It's so tiring to constantly be told we should be civil and respectful with those would vote against our rights and criticize us at every opportunity. The responsibility of education is on the individual alone. There are COUNTLESS resources people can use online, in libraries, at social events etc to become more aware of LGBTQ+ issues and change their homophobic beliefs.

    1- If you dont want to talk, then I dont know what u are doing here.

    2- If you think that everyone who doesn't want a gay survivor in this game is a monster that hate your existence... as I said in my other response, you have some serious prejudices.

  • @Thunderous_670 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1980047#Comment_1980047

    That's the thing though, the term "Nazi" propaganda and luckily, since we won we've kept it up ever since, the term "nazi" in my opinion, is still one of the greatest pieces of media propaganda in my opinion, their writers did a great job in making iconic and infamous an synonymous with being terrible human beings.

    Nazis did that all on their own, though. It's like saying puppy murderers are victims of media propaganda that made them synonymous with terrible people.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1980063#Comment_1980063

    me neither but apparently bhvr forwarded the feedback from the lore onto the writing team and a rewrite may be happening lol

    I edited my comment to add Legion rift lore not matching their original lore....be nice if they'd rewrite that one too.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1980056#Comment_1980056

    Nazis did that all on their own, though. It's like saying puppy murderers are victims of media propaganda that made them synonymous with terrible people.

    I mean, the whole point of the first response was to clarify that "Nazi" isn't a self-imposed term, and I'm glad their called nazis, they did terrible things, and no I'm not victimizing them, I can respect the wehrmacht as the army, but SS, Gestapo, SA, and puppet-state police were true nazis, and they really showed it with how they treated innocent civilians.

    Holy crap I just realized I'm talking about ww2 again from the smallest of topics on something completely unrelated lol, but I'm glad I talked about it again, it only reaffirms my positioning against them.

  • I just don't think they need representation is every god damn popular game.

    I have no problem with LGBT people hell one of my friends is gay and even he thinks it's ridiculous that the community finds it offensive if there isn't a LGBT character in a game.

    This is a "horror" game one where your characters will die or kill others it effects the real world in no way, now i personally don't care if they add one it's the forcing a LGBT character that i don't like

  • Aight, I'm closing this thread as it keeps escalating and circling around the same points. It has become repetitive and extremely hostile.

    I think open dialogue is important, educating people is important too. Sometimes having a direct dialogue with someone who has a certain experience can help - it's different than just reading about it online, but it is also understandable why a group of people might be tired, too.

    But I also want to remind everyone, it is BHVRs plan to eventually include representation - they have commented on it multiple times after they've confirmed a few relationships even though their original statement was they want to leave it up to the fans and not ever touch this topic. This has changed and it is in their full plan to add someone from LGBTQIA+ one day.

    https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1271526607828779009

    https://clips.twitch.tv/HyperGloriousSquirrelDeIlluminati


1 2 3 ›