Using the environment to stay hidden from the killer better
When survivors think of hiding, they usually think of a nearby tree, locker, or big patch of vegetation (bamboo, or tall grass, objects) to hide behind. But what if I told you that those aren't the only things you can use to your advantage?
Take finished generators or fire barrels for example. If you are an injured survivor trying to stay hidden from the killer, the killer is going to check the most common places where survivors hide and catch you relatively quickly if you hide in a locker (they can hear you if you are injured inside them btw). But if you sneak over to a finished generator, it will be really hard to hear you if not impossible. You can even heal by a finished generator and not be heard.
If you have to hide but don't have time, try hiding behind the fire barrels. It is actually quite effective and can hide you if the killer doesn't look closely.
Are you preemptively sneaking away because you know the killer is coming while injured? Try following the little patches of grass to make it harder to see your blood trails and crouch out of the killer's sight.
All the little things you can do will not always work, but help you in otherwise helpless situations where you need to hide.
Another thing that I think many survivor players don't know, and that is crouching makes you quieter. I think it is about (25%) more quietness (just an assumption) because it makes you a little quieter when injured, but still. This can be enough to hide your presence from a killer. If you have lvl 1 or 2 iron will, try crouching and hiding to minimize how much noise you make.
When it comes down to hiding, it all happens very quickly. Keep in mind that the killer is most likely going to constantly hear a bunch of sounds. Such as the background music, chase music, generators, their footsteps (demo has loud ones), noises their power can make (trapper's trap setting, cleansing demo's portals, huntress reloading, etc.) and you can move right when they start to hear noises to sneak away.
It seems like a lot, but just knowing that you aren't totally helpless when injured without iron will. This is all pretty simple and useful knowledge that any survivor player should have.
Comments
Fire Barrels aren't what they used to be. I get like no smoke effect from them
----------
Why hide behind a gen that's probably in the open / might get me killed when I have this beautiful pallet right here?
You don't have to be fully healed all the time if you have some decent loops nearby unfinished gen. Just do gens.
lemme go hide in this open map real quick
Fire barrels have been nerfed but I used completed gens all the times
I prefer to be mobile while using stealth. Watching the killer to use their field of vision to move around them and switch to previously search areas.
Well, obviously the better choice would be the pallet in this situation.
And fire barrels aren't totally useless, they can still hide you.
Well, you gotta use what you have. In this case, try to hide as well as you can behind the tree or the truck, even the objects near it if you can somehow manage.
It’s very hard to hide in this game when the majority of killers use filters to turn up the brightness like crazy.
I honestly thought this was common sense
And the reason why I run urban evasion with sprint burst and fixated a lot
Fire barrels are absolutely op with iron will and blond hair, but only for a few seconds, no one is that blind.
Fire barrel into the slow vault into the thicc tree, I'll never be found