The Spirit Problem
So I been playing Spirit for a while and I carefully decided that she needs a add-on to be built-in to her main kit. With heavy planning and looking at her flaws, I figured out that the Spirit has a lack of correcting herself when she is slightly off. I looked at her add-ons and I found the perfect add-on to help her become mid-low tier to a possible high tier killer! Before I say what should be built-in to her main kit, I wanna say that she is hard to learn but I don't think she should be harder than Nurse for less reward - This is why I think she really needs this!
Here's the add-on that should be built-in to her kit:
Wakizashi Saya
-Moderately increases Yamaoka's Haunting reappearance duration.
-Moderately increases Yamaoka's Haunting reappearance movement speed.
Now I can't think of any complaints but if you have any questions, complaints, comments, and etc. Please say them and please be civil and don't say things like...
"LOL you just want a free hand out!"
"OP can't get gud and wants EZ mode for killer's, Hilarious!"
Thanks!
Here's the add-on that should be built-in to her kit:
Wakizashi Saya
-Moderately increases Yamaoka's Haunting reappearance duration.
-Moderately increases Yamaoka's Haunting reappearance movement speed.
Now I can't think of any complaints but if you have any questions, complaints, comments, and etc. Please say them and please be civil and don't say things like...
"LOL you just want a free hand out!"
"OP can't get gud and wants EZ mode for killer's, Hilarious!"
Thanks!
Comments
What if you can see just the silhouette of the survivor. Not OP what do you think?
I feel the green (forgot the name) addon -slightly instead of moderate - should be built in then the purple should be green, the blood should be built in and the purple should be made into something nuts like moderately or considerably increase the reappearance speed and duration and increase the frequency of the passive phasing... something actually crazy for an ultra rare like what doc has with irridecent king it does multiple stuff
I feel like the spirit player should know when you're passive phasing. A sign that she's passively phasing could be that she twitches her fingers or hands a little to let the spirit player know when she should try to confuse the survivor.
At rank 1 she's doing pretty well, and it really boils down to the mind games. As for something evil check this out a friend and I were testing addons in kyf. This is during either her passive phasing or coming out of stealth I can't remember which.
But it's spooky as heck.
his is
So.. give her more passive windstorm.
I don't think that's the right solution. Boring, takes away a lot of skill from her gameplay, and honestly obnoxious to balance (see: Wraith).
I would like to see:
With everything else I could live, I think.
I feel like it's more "not all killers are meant to be good for everybody". I've met Trappers, Wraiths, Freddy's etc. who are really good. They just know when to do what, and genuinely enjoy to play their choice of killer. If all killers were so overpowered that anybody who picked it up would 4k with them every game in a few minutes, it wouldn't be fun, interesting or challenging at all to learn something new. And it wouldn't feel good to win either.
She absolutely needs this or the green addon by default. She has literally no time to react and hit without those addons because the base "windstorm" after phase walk is basically non existant.
This and that's what doesn't seem to get across to so many including some in this very forum who don't do good with that killer so it must be trash.
The best trapper I know is lefthandentity. He got demolished during the official tournament because trapper is simply unviable against a competent SWF.
If you actually know a streamer/youtuber that does well against these kind of games, then please link him.
I would love to improve my trapper gameplay such that I can play my most favourite killer on high rank, but as far as I see it now, the gameplay mechanics limit/ voice comms him too much.
Usually it boils down being a M1 killer, once you had a game against a SWF with OoO, you will understand
And yet a Freddy won the console round.
Lefty lost hard because he couldn't set traps early on the map that was selected. The spawn points were always the same, so one survivor just ran to the spawn point of the killer and distracted him..he was in a chase within 5 seconds. "Tournament" play is also completely different to regular games and this game has never been tournament ready nor will it ever be.
Not sure why you think being an M1 killer against SWF's with OoO is difficult either. Maybe for you.
Look at it in terms of the Nurse. When she is using her first blink, she'll likely be off on her target just a little. Then she can use her second blink to correct herself for a more accurate hit. That's what I'm trying to do with the Spirit!
Im not gonna argue about consoles here, stuff is different over there.
Survivors can always run directly up to the killer, you can memorize spawn locations on any map, this is a common strategies beyond killers and survivors even hear the heart beat, so.....
Yes, DBD is not tournament ready because it was designed for solo players and SWF obviously breaks it. Thanks for supporting my argument
Supporting your argument? LOL It was never tournament ready BEFORE SWF's. If you think otherwise you're delusional. Asymmetrical games with so much RNG will never be "competitive"
*edit - oh, I wasn't trying to argue consoles...just mentioned Freddy as you thought trapper being played at high ranks wasn't viable, which again, is incorrect. All killers are viable at all ranks.
Freddy isnt viable against competent survivors either and everybody knows that.
For you and the other trash killers that inhabit the forums, sure. I do well with him at rank 1, so do many others that you don't hear from, because they don't whine and complain
*edit - sorry, don't get me wrong, Freddy is awful and yes against competent survivors you probably won't win.
Well then...
I should have emphasized the YOU part. YOU probably won't win against competent survivors.
i got to rank 7 with only her no ruin or bbq but now they arent deaf anymore and feel underpowered ... but boy is she fun in low ranks
How does this show you are a good killer?
Are you trying to say rank is indicative of skill? Oh god. Well, you're wrong there too. It's just a measurement of time played buddy. Try again
My ranks shows that I actually am able to play against a SWF and I'm not afraid to derank for better games. However at red ranks, survivors are really optimistic but not all survivors are since nowadays survivors are kinda boosted. My point in bring up my rank is that there's a lot of sweaty SWF at rank 1 and most of the time they are really optimistic. Not every survivor is great due to the boosted rank system but overall, I played against a lot of sweaty SWF as a Spirit and I get around 1-2 sacrifices. You can call me bad all you want but the truth is, you don't have much of a chance when you get these types of SWF teams. That's why the Spirit needs something to help her correct herself since there's a ton of BS that a survivor can do to a Spirit player.
I am a Rank 1 Killer and I play mostly Spirit. She is a ton of fun and any buff that she gets is only going to help me make a lot of survivors salty.
They seem to continue to adjust her. Maybe you don't get the numbers you want but maybe it gets there. It seems they have adjusted her more than any other killer so soon after the actual release.
Your rank shows you play against sweaty SWF's? What? Are you okay? Absolute nonsense.
I and many others get those groups you mentioned maybe 2 -3 times out of 10 games. It's never a problem and usually is a guaranteed 4k. Way better than immersed Claudettes.
As for the Spirit, just get better
Do you mind sharing footage such that plebs like us can get better and learn from your mighty spirit skills, or are these guranteed 4ks only big words?