If Hit Validation isn't working like it's supposed to, then what chance is there that MMR will?

Since Hit Validation was turned back on, I can gladly tell you that it doesn't work like it's supposed to. As survivor I still get screwed over by the game, because it prioritizes people with bad connections. And as killer I've been screwed over twice by hit validation, even though my connection is totally fine. So since Hit Validation isn't doing what it's suppose to be doing, it could be possible that MMR might not work as well either. For anyone who didn't play the test version of MMR from last year, you were getting matched up with people who have less hours than you do quite a lot. Which therefore saw very unfair matches towards new players, and thus resulted in MMR being turned off until we see it turned back on for good. So does anyone else think MMR will work as it is expected to, or do you think we'll have a repeat from last year?

Comments

  • Yeah I’m worried for MMR tbh

  • Well they've put a lot more time into it than the half baked thing it was last time so I still hold out hope. No doubt I'll be made to look a fool though, hope I'm not though

  • They broke their own very simple pip system so, no, there is no chance of the MMR working successfully.

  • I have very high hopes for MMR and actually... Marchmaking can’t get that much worse for me personally. It seems pretty much random now.

    other that the odd obvious completely new player, last MMR test wasn’t that bad for me btw. And that issue was definitely one of the if not the biggest reason for it to get deactivated.


    also, hit validation definitely improved for me. Not counting the current mid chapter of course.

    how do you know if the killer has a bad connection? I am not sure but you can’t see their ping , can you?

  • It might not work as it’s meant to, but surely it will improve the matchmaking from what it is now. Right?...

  • MMR would not work well tbf, the other killers that ain't Nurse Spirit or Blight would never catch good survivors Period, i pray they won't have any MMR..

  • @Chchchcheryl said:

    Well they've put a lot more time into it than the half baked thing it was last time so I still hold out hope. No doubt I'll be made to look a fool though, hope I'm not though

    Our hope is very low at best

  • @Mooks said:

    I have very high hopes for MMR and actually... Marchmaking can’t get that much worse for me personally. It seems pretty much random now.

    other that the odd obvious completely new player, last MMR test wasn’t that bad for me btw. And that issue was definitely one of the if not the biggest reason for it to get deactivated.

    also, hit validation definitely improved for me. Not counting the current mid chapter of course.

    how do you know if the killer has a bad connection? I am not sure but you can’t see their ping , can you?

    I've been going against a lot of laggy killers, I see them walking and stuttering at the same time so I instantly know I'm gonna have to drop pallets early.

  • @Mugombo said:

    It might not work as it’s meant to, but surely it will improve the matchmaking from what it is now. Right?...

    If it doesn't work then well...

    ec27d6a8c3859fd23bc77834ece52cda57d33fe9.gif


  • @Verconissp said:

    MMR would not work well tbf, the other killers that ain't Nurse Spirit or Blight would never catch good survivors Period, i pray they won't have any MMR..

    If it does actually work the way it's suppose to, it might finally open eyes to the devs to finally see the core issues the game has been dealing with for a long time.