Why are some posts saying there's hackers?

All I see in the videos that are posted are either lag or sync issues. Not one video proves it was hacking. Now if you show me videos of survivors going through walls and using speed hacks then I'll believe.


But other then those type of hacks. It's most likely just either lag or sync issues most of the time.

Comments

  • Here is 6 seconds. This is 1 of the 3 games against the same hacker this week.

    https://youtu.be/vXICvVOu5aA

  • @snowflake102 said:

    All I see in the videos that are posted are either lag or sync issues. Not one video proves it was hacking. Now if you show me videos of survivors going through walls and using speed hacks then I'll believe.

    But other then those type of hacks. It's most likely just either lag or sync issues most of the time.

    Insta Gens seems to be a thing lately I’ve experienced, but sneaky like, not blatantly obvious. Like only when the game is lost do the untouched Gens start popping.

  • I encountered another he was teleporting all over the map. Literally during the pick up animation I saw him and his friend drop down in front of me. On ironworks with no hill at all nearby. His channel was linked to me but I'm pretty sure its naming and shaming on this form to point to him. Ya hackers exist and they do all kind of nonsense didn't get a response to my ticket either so it seems behavior lets em away with it or are to understaffed to handle it.

  • Today alone I had one teammate rapidly cycle themselves on and off a hook immediately when we loaded in, and then in another game as soon as we loaded in a survivor had a flashlight that lit up the entire map while their character repeatedly screamed. Hackers are out of control.

  • Because there are hackers playing this game? Like a month ago I got perma blinded by a hacker, that had from what I could tell 6 perks plus healing instantly, he was faster than blight btw.

    Just had a better gaming chair and headset.

  • @poomanchu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/229252/why-are-some-posts-saying-theres-hackers

    Insta Gens seems to be a thing lately I’ve experienced, but sneaky like, not blatantly obvious. Like only when the game is lost do the untouched Gens start popping.

    hmmm is that what is alll about gen rushing and its the hackers doing it?

  • is this way gens seem to be popping faster? before i been having gen popping left and right which we thought was just skilled players but turns out to be these hackers?


    this has me thinking now.

  • @snowflake102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1962594#Comment_1962594

    hmmm is that what is alll about gen rushing and its the hackers doing it?

    What?

  • i mean is that way all this time we thought it was just skilled players doing the gens fast? but it turned out to be hackers?

  • @snowflake102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1962707#Comment_1962707

    i mean is that way all this time we thought it was just skilled players doing the gens fast? but it turned out to be hackers?

    No, untouched gens in less than 10 seconds sus.

  • @snowflake102 said:

    All I see in the videos that are posted are either lag or sync issues. Not one video proves it was hacking. Now if you show me videos of survivors going through walls and using speed hacks then I'll believe.

    But other then those type of hacks. It's most likely just either lag or sync issues most of the time.

    Probably because there are Hackers. I see at least one a day.

  • The amount of hackers is rising in DBD.

    The issue is - nothing can be done unless EAC do something about it. Sure, you can go through the timewaste of reporting these hackers, but it's very easy for them to use a HWID Spoofer and be back in no time at all. That's why you see those hackers on Twitch with 50/60/70+ bans.

  • hackers exist, but luckily they arent very common in DbD.


    truth be told, i see more hackusations thrown around than i ever saw hackers in this game.

    and imo there is no better compliment to your gameplay than being called a hacker xD

  • @Mister_xD said:

    hackers exist, but luckily they arent very common in DbD.

    truth be told, i see more hackusations thrown around than i ever saw hackers in this game.

    and imo there is no better compliment to your gameplay than being called a hacker xD

    Very true lol

    I will say though they are a lot more common recently. Look at my earlier post to see what I'm talking about.

  • I had a hacker in my game as killer. The guy instant sabo a hook then instaheal. Then he made his character scream and ironically I wasn't even playing doctor. Like why hack in this game???

  • @Mister_xD said:

    hackers exist, but luckily they arent very common in DbD.

    truth be told, i see more hackusations thrown around than i ever saw hackers in this game.

    and imo there is no better compliment to your gameplay than being called a hacker xD

    What about this I once say a story done on YouTube and two guys on a team was dominating a battlefield 1 lobby so good they was autobanned by the system and they had to submit video evidence they wasn’t to be unbanned manually but like hey if a anti cheat detects it and your just that good that’s defo a bragging right

  • Yep. I see these kinds of things now and then. But the real problem isn't these obvious cheats, but the people using them stealth, i.e. not to make it obvious. These are the ESP hacks so they can all know where everyone is located at all times, the subtle speed hacks and so on, thing just good enough to ensure the win but not be obvious. They are out there and I see them a LEAST once per day.

  • I had a game where the first 3 minutes had 3 survivors down and one survivor up cycling slugs. the moment they all managed to res each other 3 gens popped within 10 seconds of each other. There is no wy they had time to do gens while all this was going on.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    Here is 6 seconds. This is 1 of the 3 games against the same hacker this week.

    https://youtu.be/vXICvVOu5aA

    I just looked at this, and man is that horrifying

  • All 3 games were that. Oh btw that includes wall hacks and having tombstone.

    So no hiding, him using ultra speeds and also being able to grab and mori you

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1962981#Comment_1962981

    All 3 games where that. Oh btw that includes wall hacks and having tombstone.

    So no hiding, him using ultra speeds and also being able to grab and mori you

    I had a new one earlier. I got blinded picking someone up as Oni and was really surprised since I never heard any footsteps and had nobody on a 40m infectious fright.

    Then I downed the flashlight savior and he has boil over and I literally can’t get to the hook even though it’s like 5 feet away. He wiggles out, downed him again, same story. I just DCd cause why waste the time.

    I’m assuming he would just auto blind me any time I downed someone, freeze me if I picked him up, and probably just teleport himself out the exit gate if I tried to bleed him out.

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1963004#Comment_1963004

    I had a new one earlier. I got blinded picking someone up as Oni and was really surprised since I never heard any footsteps and had nobody on a 40m infectious fright.

    Then I downed the flashlight savior and he has boil over and I literally can’t get to the hook even though it’s like 5 feet away. He wiggles out, downed him again, same story. I just DCd cause why waste the time.

    I’m assuming he would just auto blind me any time I downed someone, freeze me if I picked him up, and probably just teleport himself out the exit gate if I tried to bleed him out.

    So in a game with millions of problems, they seem to find more lol

    I had a similar experience to you before. Was chasing a survivor who was very cocky but he was extremely easy to down. Everytime he got downed he'd do something called ddosing I think. Basically when I went to hook him I'd freeze in place and not be able to move till he wiggled free.

    He also used the same thing to teleport behind me during a chase. After the last gen was done and he was down I camped his body on the ground. He crawled for about 3 minutes away from the doors and hatch and he somehow just randomly escaped.

    It's not hacking but some sort of server manipulation I think.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1963851#Comment_1963851

    So in a game with millions of problems, they seem to find more lol

    I had a similar experience to you before. Was chasing a survivor who was very cocky but he was extremely easy to down. Everytime he got downed he'd do something called ddosing I think. Basically when I went to hook him I'd freeze in place and not be able to move till he wiggled free.

    He also used the same thing to teleport behind me during a chase. After the last gen was done and he was down I camped his body on the ground. He crawled for about 3 minutes away from the doors and hatch and he somehow just randomly escaped.

    It's not hacking but some sort of server manipulation I think.

    I’ve seen that from console gamers before, I think they are lag switching as they get picked up.

    But that’s not what this was. This guy I would pick up but the boil over effect was so strong I literally could not get to a hook a few feet in front of me. Twice.

    That combined with how, with no calm spirit, he got a flashlight save from over 40 meters away confirmed it for me.

    I saw a streamer pick up a hacked flashlight once and any time he used it at all it would blind the killer, even across the map, which is what I’m assuming this guy had.

  • This happened to me this afternoon.

    @TheClownIsKing said:

    I sent through my first thorough support ticket to report 2 survivors hacking in the same match, with all required evidence.

    Not that it’s the first time I’ve seen Hackers/cheaters. Just that tonight was both the worst case of it (personally), and it was the last straw.

    I was Clown on Midwich, running Coulrophobia, Dying Light, Sloppy, and Thana. No OP add ons. Just Inner Soles & Cork Stopper.

    I was winning. 2 survivors were dead, only 2 gens done, and Claudette & Jane are injured, and are on their death hooks. I spot scratch marks & blood trails, and see Jane get into a locker at the end of one of the hallways. I knew she had Head On, but I also knew I’d reach the locker before it activated.

    I go to open the locker and.... suddenly Jane is rapidly entering and exiting the locker at an absurdly fast rate, while I’m stuck switching rapidly between opening the locker & grabbing her multiple times. Then it stops, I’m presumably carrying her, I can move at my regular pace, but she’s stuck on me. I can’t hook her, I can’t drop her either, I can’t interact with anything else, and I can’t use my bottles anymore.

    At this point though I’m not suspicious. I’m presuming the game just massively bugged out. I’m also hearing the repeated sounds of lockers opening and closing, totems being cleansed, healing sounds, gen sounds, randomly, as though I were right next to them occurring, but never hearing any of those sounds at the same time.

    I relent that I can neither hook nor drop Jane, and just do my best to hunt down Claudette in my handicapped state. Find her, but weirdly, she avoids pallet stunning me when having opportunities to do so, thus able to free Jane from my grasp.

    I down Claudette, and of course there’s little more that I can do other than watch her bleed out. She gets up. Oh ok, Unbreakable. Not exactly unexpected. I instantly down her again. Here’s where I start getting suspicious, and convinced hacking is occurring.

    Claudette is down, but I can now hear healing sounds. Claudette gets up again. No Soul Guard (I’m not running Hexes anyway), and she isn’t using No Mither either. Remember, 2 other survivors are already dead, and Jane is (presumably) stuck on me.

    I down Claudette again.

    She gets up AGAIN.

    This occurs about 5 or 6 times!!!

    And even when her bleed out timer is pretty much completely depleted, she gets up ANOTHER 2 TIMES!!!

    Eventually she does die from bleeding out after WAY longer than the expected 4 minutes.

    Now, I’m reattempting hooking Jane, no luck, wondering what to do. I’m too stubborn to quit when I technically won and didn’t want to cop a DC ban. So I stubbornly wait in the hope Jane quits.

    Gen pops.

    What the hell?!?!

    I resume patrolling gens, and sure enough I hear a gen in process of repair. A “chase” starts (I.e. the chase music kicks in), but there’s no one there. There is someone invisible working on the gen. I’m swinging my weapon at all sides of the gen trying for some sort of collision. Nope.

    Gen pops. The Jane (presumably) still stuck on me is now managing to click their flashlight repeatedly from my shoulder. I.e. I keep seeing the flashlight light clicky clicky projected from me.

    Any way, the remainder of the match continues with me helplessly watching someone invisible repairing the last gen, then watching someone invisible opening an exit gate, and Jane “escaping”.

    How petty about a death hook can someone be that they have to resort to cheating to avoid dying in this game?!??!

    Anyway... i thoroughly, and smugly, enjoyed submitting the report for these two douche bags, and I hope their ban is swift, and permanent.


  • I am not mad that there are cheaters in DBD, every game has them, I am mad that BHVR does not do much about them. The current report system is tedious, time-consuming, and completely useless, not to mention deceiving new players not familiar with how the report system really works. Nowhere does it say in-game that you need to fill out a form outside the game on a website and submit it to BHVR for review, along with video evidence of your own captured gameplay footage. If you just report the cheater in-game it does absolutely nothing.

  • there has always been hackers in this game, a few even stream themselves on Youtube/twitch

  • @Sunbreaker7 said:

    I am not mad that there are cheaters in DBD, every game has them, I am mad that BHVR does not do much about them. The current report system is tedious, time-consuming, and completely useless, not to mention deceiving new players not familiar with how the report system really works. Nowhere does it say in-game that you need to fill out a form outside the game on a website and submit it to BHVR for review, along with video evidence of your own captured gameplay footage. If you just report the cheater in-game it does absolutely nothing.

    No. That’s not fair. It’s tedious because they have to be thorough, and be absolutely 200% sure they’re definitely banning someone legitimately breaking rules.

    Do you know how many bogus reports they probably get just because someone is tilted about a match result? It would be uncountable.

    No. It has to ask for lots of details and proof, which unfortunately ends up being tedious because they have to be sure they’re not throwing around unwarranted bans.

    And they do take reports seriously. They just ethically have no need to report back that “such n such” is now banned because that’s none of our business.

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1963887#Comment_1963887

    I’ve seen that from console gamers before, I think they are lag switching as they get picked up.

    But that’s not what this was. This guy I would pick up but the boil over effect was so strong I literally could not get to a hook a few feet in front of me. Twice.

    That combined with how, with no calm spirit, he got a flashlight save from over 40 meters away confirmed it for me.

    I saw a streamer pick up a hacked flashlight once and any time he used it at all it would blind the killer, even across the map, which is what I’m assuming this guy had.

    For my thing it's not lag switching. I faced a lot of lag switching before crossplay but this was different.

    That's mental. Just shows how bad the reporting system is when people can keep doing this so easily. Every game has hackers but this one I've seen them in more frequently than others.