3 gens strategy

So any tips on what to do if you have a 3 gen advantage and survivors want to hide for 10+ minutes not doing anything? Whispers I know but what else...tired of wasting time when I could be in another match and I don't want to disconnect

Comments

  • Leave 1 gen out of your patrol pattern for about 15 seconds, they'll come to it

  • I did searched lockers near the near the gens travelled the map had tinkerers bbq sloppy butcher and ruin but nope 30 minute game of hide and seek with nothing being done just decided to play on my phone after a bit while I waited

  • A 3-gen stand-off can become a real stalemate and becomes a game of patience. You can't leave your gens, and survivors can't overextend into your territory as a hook is risky at this point.

    All you can do really is try and exhaust all the pallets in the area and try and win a chase. Smart survivors however will always flee the area when they get injured, and then following them risks your gens. At some point you need to either commit to that chase, but then you have to end it quickly as you risk losing a gen.

    If you're against 3+ survivors it can take a while.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    Leave 1 gen out of your patrol pattern for about 15 seconds, they'll come to it

    Lol like rats coming out of a sewer 😄

  • It's really annoying when the survivors don't accept their predicament and try to work through it, but there isn't any game mechanic that forces them to do the objective after a certain amount of time. It's an oversight from the devs. You shouldn't be forced to run a perk like Whispers to prevent unreasonably long games. That's a game mechanics issue.

  • Look for crows flying off

  • I don't mind too much when stuff like this happens, honestly. Had a game like it yesterday where they hid for some 10-15 minutes before I found one.

    I'm wasting at least twice as much of their time as they're wasting mine, so the math's on my side here.

  • If they are just straight hiding that long, just abandon gens ( phone games👍) and report as taking hostage. It's the survivor's fault for not spacing gens and even more so for refusing to play once you had the advantage.

    Personally though, I would try to find them and let them all die on the floor while I make a snack for that cowardice.

  • Wait for a mistake. With trapper you can atleast rotate traps and feint using them to manipulate survivors. But yeah, these 3 gen games can last a while.

  • Just think it's bogus to let games run that long reporting them doesn't do anything and I eventually disconnected because sleep is more important especially if I am not doing anything constructive in the game

  • Whispers doesn't always help.in two tier stages though and yeah I looked for crows anything that could tip them off but no nothing gears pop was more fun that half and hour🤣

  • Any time I've had a situation like that where the survivors are hiding and not touching gens they're looking for hatch with a key they plundered. I would suggest looking around the map to double check they aren't doing that, as long as the map isn't too big.

  • We absolutely need some mechanic about that. Happened tons of times. I’d like something like “when a survivor doesn’t interact with anything in the game -except lockers- for more than X time, his aura is revealed” of course for a good, reasonable amount of time.

  • Yeah it was one of the bigger maps with lockers everywhere I even walked around without using chainsaw rush to see if I could hear them but no good

  • Exactly anything that hurries the game along one way or another...survivors complain about long queue times doesn't help them if another killer is tied up for what amounts to a couple of games

  • Stop being a coward and go find them. Even if they complete a gen you still have all the time before the exits are opened.

  • @latinfla4 said:

    So any tips on what to do if you have a 3 gen advantage and survivors want to hide for 10+ minutes not doing anything? Whispers I know but what else...tired of wasting time when I could be in another match and I don't want to disconnect

    Nothing to be done about it. If you are doing a 3-gen that's what you signed up for.

  • Not being a coward I couldn't find them and once again I didnt start as a 3 gen they forced themselves into that position

  • @latinfla4 said:

    So any tips on what to do if you have a 3 gen advantage and survivors want to hide for 10+ minutes not doing anything? Whispers I know but what else...tired of wasting time when I could be in another match and I don't want to disconnect

    It is so easy you walk to the other side of the map go undetectable and come back in 5 mins the gates will be powered or the gens will be close to done