So is Hoarder ever going to do what it was supposed to do....

...or did they just give up on that because it would take work?

It seems silly to take a perk that basically just give survivors more chests/items in return for one of the worst detection perks in the game.

They said they removed that effect originally because changing the loot table code was too hard and then sorta just....stopped talking about it. Are they just hoping people forget and just going to leave it as is forever now? Lol.

Comments

  • Probably not. Right now it’s exclusively a begrimed chain Bubba perk.

    I think combining it with Franklins is a huge waste, but it’s not terrible with the begrimed chain.

    You could probably do it with the twins one that makes survivors drop items too but she doesn’t get as much value from knowing someone is looting the basement chest.

  • I guess so because I forgot.

    That's actually so sad. Like when we get new survivors and killers I don't think it's asking too much to have perks that WORK at the very least much less be really good and or potentially meta defining.

  • It's for people who complain about keys.

    It does what it's supposed to: counter key fishers.

    Luckily for me nobody uses this perk. Because I love key fishing builds.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    It's for people who complain about keys.

    It does what it's supposed to: counter key fishers.

    Luckily for me nobody uses this perk. Because I love key fishing builds.

    It like....increased their chance of fishing for a key by like 25 - 50% ish.

    It benefits people looking for a key, not hinder them.


    @SilentPill said:

    Probably not. Right now it’s exclusively a begrimed chain Bubba perk.

    I think combining it with Franklins is a huge waste, but it’s not terrible with the begrimed chain.

    You could probably do it with the twins one that makes survivors drop items too but she doesn’t get as much value from knowing someone is looting the basement chest.

    It is, I've been trying to do that lately and it's funny seeing how often they loot chests- but in general it doesn't stop them as much as a normal build with franklins would, not by a long mile.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    It's for people who complain about keys.

    It does what it's supposed to: counter key fishers.

    Luckily for me nobody uses this perk. Because I love key fishing builds.

    How is giving survivors two extra chests helping to counter keys? Lol.

    No reason to use it over Franklins at all. Franklins actually gets rid of the key. Only a handful of killers have the mobility to respond to the procs anyways.

  • Chest content rarity takes a hit so you have a far less chance of pulling a key.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    Chest content rarity takes a hit so you have a far less chance of pulling a key.

    That’s the point of this thread, it doesn’t do that. It’s just two regular extra chests.

  • Really? Could have sworn the perk reduced item rarity in all chests.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    Chest content rarity takes a hit so you have a far less chance of pulling a key.

    No it does not.

    It was intended to, but they said that modifying the lootable was basically just breaking the game, so they removed that part of the perk. They left the chest part of the perk in because supposedly it was indicated that it would be temporary, but now as usual with BHVR it seems like they intend to just leave it as is rather than solve the problem because solving it is too hard; it's easier just to leave another useless perk in the game.

  • Ah I see. LOL well then it is junk then. It would still counter me because I fish keys all game if killer wants to play chest defense I am dead. But then he'd be throwing the game.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    Really? Could have sworn the perk reduced item rarity in all chests.

    It did but rather than fixing it because it didn't do that

    just removed that line of text

  • I don't understand why people who work in a difficult field said they just weren't going to change something because it's "too hard". Isn't your entire job hard? So why does this specific thing get the lazy treatment? A bad perk going from bad to worse isn't exactly what I call a reason to be lazy unless they could see the future and already know that no one was going to run the perk anyways.

  • At least BHVR recognizes that their skills are lacking. They know they can't do difficult things.

    Unfortunately that's also why they never got better at making games.

  • Well I guess you can use Clowns Santa skin, equip this perk and make the survivors feel like it's Christmas.

    That must have been the whole motivation behind this perk.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Well I guess you can use Clowns Santa skin, equip this perk and make the survivors feel like it's Christmas.

    That must have been the whole motivation behind this perk.

    I like playing "Krampus takes that ######### back"

    And taking 2 chests away, franklins, trapping every chest

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961543#Comment_1961543

    I like playing "Krampus takes that ######### back"

    And taking 2 chests away, franklins, trapping every chest

    That's also a way to play it.

  • I feel horders should get a buff and not make it basically a survivor perk. I feel even if it reduced the rarity of items in the chest it will still be lack luster.

    Hoarders

    You protect what little you have and are perceptive to those rummaging through your stockpiles.

    When a survivor gains a item from a chest their location will be revealed ever 30/25/20 seconds if they are holding the item or if the item they haves have charges.

    Considerably decrease the chances of getting an item of a high rarity.

    How is this idea?

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    I feel horders should get a buff and not make it basically a survivor perk. I feel even if it reduced the rarity of items in the chest it will still be lack luster.

    Hoarders

    You protect what little you have and are perceptive to those rummaging through your stockpiles.

    When a survivor gains a item from a chest their location will be revealed ever 30/25/20 seconds if they are holding the item or if the item they haves have charges.

    Considerably decrease the chances of getting an item of a high rarity.

    How is this idea?

    I think it would be better for killer, and less overly punishing for survivors, if after the notification noise from interacting with a chest/picking up an item it revealed your aura for like 4 seconds; but yes I feel even if the perk worked how it was supposed to it would only be an okay niche perk.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961639#Comment_1961639

    I think it would be better for killer, and less overly punishing for survivors, if after the notification noise from interacting with a chest/picking up an item it revealed your aura for like 4 seconds; but yes I feel even if the perk worked how it was supposed to it would only be an okay niche perk.

    I think it should spawn in like 3-4 extra chests, but you scream and are exposed for a minute when you open one. That would make opening them actually kinda spooky.

    Still meme tier but at least in a funny way; like Iron Maiden.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961302#Comment_1961302

    No it does not.

    It was intended to, but they said that modifying the lootable was basically just breaking the game, so they removed that part of the perk. They left the chest part of the perk in because supposedly it was indicated that it would be temporary, but now as usual with BHVR it seems like they intend to just leave it as is rather than solve the problem because solving it is too hard; it's easier just to leave another useless perk in the game.

    Nah I doubt theyll leave the chest thing permanent, Surveillance bug lasted for more than a year or so? They do fix minor bugs and things but they give them absolute 0 priority and this perk being pretty much useless wont be different.

  • I was unironically excited about Hoarder in the PTB. I feel like they could have limited it to only brown items (and brown addons for Ace in the Hole), but I'm not sure what they were planning for the loot tables. It's pretty much just a meme now, ultimate perk for Basement Chest Bubba I guess.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    I feel horders should get a buff and not make it basically a survivor perk. I feel even if it reduced the rarity of items in the chest it will still be lack luster.

    Hoarders

    You protect what little you have and are perceptive to those rummaging through your stockpiles.

    When a survivor gains a item from a chest their location will be revealed ever 30/25/20 seconds if they are holding the item or if the item they haves have charges.

    Considerably decrease the chances of getting an item of a high rarity.

    How is this idea?

    If it reduced rarity as advertised that's more than enough. I mean it was obviously put in to counter Elodie's Appraisal, which makes it too easy to fish keys. The perk serves as a counter to key fish builds... not that anyone would ever run it even if it were to do its job.

    Key fish builds aren't common and make the game easier for killer anyway.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961639#Comment_1961639

    I think it would be better for killer, and less overly punishing for survivors, if after the notification noise from interacting with a chest/picking up an item it revealed your aura for like 4 seconds; but yes I feel even if the perk worked how it was supposed to it would only be an okay niche perk.

    Your right your idea I better and less punishing.