Japan championship...

Really? With all the problem this game have right now?

I mean... i cant wait to see it but i dont think this is a good idea...

Comments

  • It's going to be hilarious! Seeing all gens repaired by the second hook sure will be a show.

    Can't wait for it.

  • @Tsulan said:

    It's going to be hilarious! Seeing all gens repaired by the second hook sure will be a show.

    Can't wait for it.

    Yea the lack of skill I've seen killers have lately has been astonishing, hopefully they have some decent players on the killer side in this championship.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Do you know where we can watch it?

    just write dead by daylight championship on youtube and filter for this week or today videos, the live is already on and there is a timer

  • Well as everyone is in the same small country and if everyone has good internet the latency shouldn't be too bad. I'm really excited cuz I want this game to become tournament viable. You know damn well I'm gonna watch it.

  • @gendoss said:

    Well as everyone is in the same small country and if everyone has good internet the latency shouldn't be too bad. I'm really excited cuz I want this game to become tournament viable. You know damn well I'm gonna watch it.

    Will you?

    I think the devs mistake people liking the feeling of winning with this game being competitively viable. Besides the bullshit balancing and glitches (the latency isn't even in the top 5 issues) survivor is just boring to watch because 60% of it is waiting. Doing gens, waiting on the hook, healing, and of course doing gens. Theres a reason that most youtubers and streamers cut up survivor gameplay and while leaving killer games in full. Obviously a huge factor in the games success is because of the viewership on twitch and youtube. But of those big creators almost every single one is a killer main and has a personality. The reason having a personality is a damning detailing is because look at cod, lol, siege, overwatch, these people are basically all the same. But it doesn't matter because they're professionals at the game they aren't there to entertain with their words and people will still watch. That's not possible with DBD there are no big streamers who are JUST good at the game.

    They just can't seem to get it through their thick skull that their slasher game should be fun and cater to slasher fans instead of the fan cam and anime cringe lords. They can't even make the game work in their vision because survivor is too mechanically simple to be worth watching and the aforementioned cringe lords dont want it to get any harder. They are basically working towards the illusion of competitiveness which works when its just 4 people in 4 different rooms all feeling good about themselves for BMing a killer but as their combined 2 viewers show it doesn't make for good entertainment

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1957982#Comment_1957982

    Yea the lack of skill I've seen killers have lately has been astonishing, hopefully they have some decent players on the killer side in this championship.

    Lads we've witnessed a murder oh my God

  • @Tsulan said:

    It's going to be hilarious! Seeing all gens repaired by the second hook sure will be a show.

    Can't wait for it.

    There’s an upside to that occurring.

    No doubt many in the dev team will watch out of curiosity. If they can see that against highly coordinated survivors killers simply do not stand any semblance of a chance, maybe some more balancing will occur.

  • @DjangoTheGhostface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1958497#Comment_1958497

    Will you?

    I think the devs mistake people liking the feeling of winning with this game being competitively viable. Besides the bullshit balancing and glitches (the latency isn't even in the top 5 issues) survivor is just boring to watch because 60% of it is waiting. Doing gens, waiting on the hook, healing, and of course doing gens. Theres a reason that most youtubers and streamers cut up survivor gameplay and while leaving killer games in full. Obviously a huge factor in the games success is because of the viewership on twitch and youtube. But of those big creators almost every single one is a killer main and has a personality. The reason having a personality is a damning detailing is because look at cod, lol, siege, overwatch, these people are basically all the same. But it doesn't matter because they're professionals at the game they aren't there to entertain with their words and people will still watch. That's not possible with DBD there are no big streamers who are JUST good at the game.

    They just can't seem to get it through their thick skull that their slasher game should be fun and cater to slasher fans instead of the fan cam and anime cringe lords. They can't even make the game work in their vision because survivor is too mechanically simple to be worth watching and the aforementioned cringe lords dont want it to get any harder. They are basically working towards the illusion of competitiveness which works when its just 4 people in 4 different rooms all feeling good about themselves for BMing a killer but as their combined 2 viewers show it doesn't make for good entertainment

    DBD is one the most popular games streamed. And the majority of those streamers play mostly survivor. If survivor were that boring, so many wouldn’t tune in to watch these streams.

  • @DjangoTheGhostface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1958497#Comment_1958497

    Will you?

    I think the devs mistake people liking the feeling of winning with this game being competitively viable. Besides the bullshit balancing and glitches (the latency isn't even in the top 5 issues) survivor is just boring to watch because 60% of it is waiting. Doing gens, waiting on the hook, healing, and of course doing gens. Theres a reason that most youtubers and streamers cut up survivor gameplay and while leaving killer games in full. Obviously a huge factor in the games success is because of the viewership on twitch and youtube. But of those big creators almost every single one is a killer main and has a personality. The reason having a personality is a damning detailing is because look at cod, lol, siege, overwatch, these people are basically all the same. But it doesn't matter because they're professionals at the game they aren't there to entertain with their words and people will still watch. That's not possible with DBD there are no big streamers who are JUST good at the game.

    They just can't seem to get it through their thick skull that their slasher game should be fun and cater to slasher fans instead of the fan cam and anime cringe lords. They can't even make the game work in their vision because survivor is too mechanically simple to be worth watching and the aforementioned cringe lords dont want it to get any harder. They are basically working towards the illusion of competitiveness which works when its just 4 people in 4 different rooms all feeling good about themselves for BMing a killer but as their combined 2 viewers show it doesn't make for good entertainment

    Very few game pros are "elite players" most "pros" are entertainers who are there to entertain and inform their viewers.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1957982#Comment_1957982

    There’s an upside to that occurring.

    No doubt many in the dev team will watch out of curiosity. If they can see that against highly coordinated survivors killers simply do not stand any semblance of a chance, maybe some more balancing will occur.

    From what I heard Asia plays this game differently from the West. Well they play most games differently. It's not really representative of anybody's experience in the West.

  • Competitive dbd....lol

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1957982#Comment_1957982

    Yea the lack of skill I've seen killers have lately has been astonishing, hopefully they have some decent players on the killer side in this championship.

    Let´s hope it. Otherwise the matches will be really boring. Most killer mains i knew, switched to survivor and roflstomp killers.

    I can´t imagine that to many new players would be attracted by a gen repair simulator with horror theme. But maybe the asian market is different from the western market.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1957982#Comment_1957982

    There’s an upside to that occurring.

    No doubt many in the dev team will watch out of curiosity. If they can see that against highly coordinated survivors killers simply do not stand any semblance of a chance, maybe some more balancing will occur.

    Remember the Corean show, where Matthew played Hag? I expect something like this.

  • We have not been informed of the qualifying rounds, but we are streaming the semifinals and beyond from today.

    https://youtu.be/DBZz3boaugc

    Correction:Quarterfinal

  • @Terro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1958955#Comment_1958955

    From what I heard Asia plays this game differently from the West. Well they play most games differently. It's not really representative of anybody's experience in the West.

    ? Differently? Dbd is not a mechanically rich game, there's pretty much an optimal way to play on both sides.

  • @fake said:

    We have not been informed of the qualifying rounds, but we are streaming the semifinals and beyond from today.

    https://youtu.be/DBZz3boaugc

    Watching it right now!

    I honestly think, DbD should hold regular official tournaments and balance around it.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1959135#Comment_1959135

    Watching it right now!

    I honestly think, DbD should hold regular official tournaments and balance around it.

    Even the rules for this official tournament have many rules tacked on, proving that balance is not currently achieved.

    I expect that many Japanese survivors will argue that the killer has the advantage as the killer does better in each match (or rather, some users are already making such disgusting comments on the current distribution), but it is the survivor side of voice chat and perk restrictions.

  • @Terro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1958955#Comment_1958955

    From what I heard Asia plays this game differently from the West. Well they play most games differently. It's not really representative of anybody's experience in the West.

    We definitely play it differently here. I can't relate to the half of the stuff people say on this board.

  • @fake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1959155#Comment_1959155

    Even the rules for this official tournament have many rules tacked on, proving that balance is not currently achieved.

    I expect that many Japanese survivors will argue that the killer has the advantage as the killer does better in each match (or rather, some users are already making such disgusting comments on the current distribution), but it is the survivor side of voice chat and perk restrictions.

    Yes, the perk loadouts are heavily limited and not at all like they would be in a normal match.

    They should allow all loadouts and see how the balance is.

  • @fake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1959155#Comment_1959155

    Even the rules for this official tournament have many rules tacked on, proving that balance is not currently achieved.

    I expect that many Japanese survivors will argue that the killer has the advantage as the killer does better in each match (or rather, some users are already making such disgusting comments on the current distribution), but it is the survivor side of voice chat and perk restrictions.

    What are the rules for the touranment?

  • I'm watching now and it's very interesting. They definitely play in a very very safe way.

  • This is a very rough translation and I am not writting everything, but please refer to some of my comments in this thread.

    @fake said:

    Hello, everyone abroad! I'm Japanese.

    I have a question for everyone on the English forum about the DbD JP championships coming up next month.

    It's been said on both the English and Japanese forums that DbD's game balance is not good.

    It has always been said that what destroys the game the most is that the SWF (voice chat party) information sharing is extremely unbalanced.

    The rules stated in the DbD JP championship this time were an admission by the management that the game is unbalanced (especially in SWF). As a premise, please keep in mind that the four Survivors participating in this tournament are SWFs that use voicechat.

    Duplicate Survivor characters are not allowed.

    No duplicate survivor perks.

    No keys allowed (out of the box keys can be used)

    No add-ons to Survivor items.

    Prohibit the use of ultra rare add-ons for killers.

    No more than one Very Rare add-on may be used.

    Prohibit the use of offerings from both camps.

    Survivors may ban one killer in each of the three rounds (three killers may be banned in the final round).

    I have read these restrictions and feel that Survivor has the advantage. So much so that SWF (voicechat party) is toxic for information sharing.

    I also believe that whether the map is Lumpkin or Midwich will make a huge difference in the war.

    Lastly, I also believe that the management has acknowledged that they can finally have some equality by imposing these restrictions even if it is against SWFs. Do you think these rules should apply to the actual DbD?

    Sorry for the long text, I wrote it while translating at DeepL.

    If you can Japanese, please check the DbD Japanese Twitter.

  • I just watched the Pig match.

    Pig wasn't even that good a player but she beat up the survivor team like nothing. But then the survivor team was also full of shrubs. There were at least 5 instances in the match where they could ahve run to a palette to extend a chase but chose not too for whatever reason.

    The only good player was the Meg. Well she got out using Plunder tech but that was a clear win for the killer.

  • Was hilarious "Kagi!!! Whoooaaaa!" hahah the commentators are the best.

  • I didn't expect closed maps with the Pig

  • I don't think it's right to call the gameplay bad. There's a lot of nuances going on that we just don't understand.

  • I can understand just fine. I know how to play the game. There were some clear mistakes made in those chases. Like in one point instead of vaulting over a fence the Ace chose to drop down the tube instead. Pig caught up easy. If he had vaulted he would have made it to the palette.

    Watching Dr. fight right now. Doctor is cleaning house.

    @6yXJI0 said:

    I didn't expect closed maps with the Pig

    I think map is random so no control over that. There is also a killer block rule in effect so keep that in mind.

  • I'm so glad you know what a joke i-

    Oh.

    Oh wait.

  • @Kalec84 said:

    Really? With all the problem this game have right now?

    I mean... i cant wait to see it but i dont think this is a good idea...

    DBD is qualified to be an ESport? Seriously?

  • Who won the Doctor match? I got into a game and missed the conclusion. Also I started buffering so I can't watch anymore.

  • The Myers match was disapppointing. The Dwight should have gone for the save.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    Who won the Doctor match? I got into a game and missed the conclusion. Also I started buffering so I can't watch anymore.

    I think 2 people escaped the doctor match. I think doctor was a poor choice, he is pretty weak.

  • @Tsulan said:

    The Myers match was disapppointing. The Dwight should have gone for the save.

    Due to the nature of the match, I think it would have been better to escape alone than to be wiped out from Round1 taking into account the possibility of being wiped out by going to the rescue with NOED left, it might not be a mistake to choose to escape alone and not give their opponents any points.

  • @fake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1959302#Comment_1959302

    Due to the nature of the match, I think it would have been better to escape alone than to be wiped out from Round1 taking into account the possibility of being wiped out by going to the rescue with NOED left, it might not be a mistake to choose to escape alone and not give their opponents any points.

    They play VERY save. The Freddy match showed how a regular match looks these days. With the difference, that they could have made the save, body block and escaped all 4.

  • I'm pretty sure there are restrictions on the players perks and items. The fact that they can't get multiple Dead Hard, Borrowed Time, Decisive Strike or Unbrekable and the likes certainly influence how the survivors play. You can't just bum rush the hook when the guy with BT is the one hanging.

  • @Decarcassor said:

    I'm pretty sure there are restrictions on the players perks and items. The fact that they can't get multiple Dead Hard, Borrowed Time, Decisive Strike or Unbrekable and the likes certainly influence how the survivors play. You can't just bum rush the hook when the guy with BT is the one hanging.

    There are no duplicates of any perks.

  • @Decarcassor said:

    I'm pretty sure there are restrictions on the players perks and items. The fact that they can't get multiple Dead Hard, Borrowed Time, Decisive Strike or Unbrekable and the likes certainly influence how the survivors play. You can't just bum rush the hook when the guy with BT is the one hanging.

    But it wasn´t the BT guy who was hanging.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1959313#Comment_1959313

    They play VERY save. The Freddy match showed how a regular match looks these days. With the difference, that they could have made the save, body block and escaped all 4.

    It's true that Freddy wasn't very good at what he just did.

    Nevertheless, due to the rules of the tournament, we think it is okay to confirm the escape of three people safely rather than forcing four people to escape. Enough of an advantage.

  • @fake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1959302#Comment_1959302

    Due to the nature of the match, I think it would have been better to escape alone than to be wiped out from Round1 taking into account the possibility of being wiped out by going to the rescue with NOED left, it might not be a mistake to choose to escape alone and not give their opponents any points.

    How does scoring work?

  • The points shown in the general results are not taken into account at all.

    Only how many people died/escaped will be the points for the tournament.

    1 point for each person executed, 5 points only for total annihilation.

    The current quarterfinals will be played twice, alternating between offense and defense.

  • @fake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1959333#Comment_1959333

    It's true that Freddy wasn't very good at what he just did.

    Nevertheless, due to the rules of the tournament, we think it is okay to confirm the escape of three people safely rather than forcing four people to escape. Enough of an advantage.

    I guess so. So far the Tournament is showing which side is stronger.

  • Oh, I didn't realise this was an official thing, I guessed it was community organised like the Hexy one.

  • All gens completed before the second hook. I can´t make this stuff up...

  • @Nullclines said:

    Oh, I didn't realise this was an official thing, I guessed it was community organised like the Hexy one.

    Surprisengly,the first prize is 1.2 million yen.

    That's $11,380.

  • @fake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1959374#Comment_1959374

    Surprisengly,the first prize is 1.2 million yen.

    That's $11,380.

    I hope this becomes something regular.

  • But I don't think so... I think that money should be used to hire good debuggers and advisors...

  • @fake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1959380#Comment_1959380

    But I don't think so... I think that money should be used to hire good debuggers and advisors...

    Why not both? BHVR isn´t a small indy studio.

  • It's $11,000 in auric cells, not actual cash.

  • Wait... what? You have to be kidding me.

‹ 1 2 3