Dead Hard needs a nerf or a rework from the ground up

I'm so tired of seeing this OP perk. If all 4 survivors have Dead Hards they're almost unbeatable. It's used as basically a third health state, which is insane. And while survivors with bad connections are locked out of using it in this way, we're not gonna take that into account because that's a different issue. "But you can bait it out." Not all the time. PC survivors will literally have a macro on the button so they can never get punished for waiting too long to use it. And even without that, they usually have a godlike connection to the server, allowing them to use it exactly as the killer swings anyway. Some people say Sprint Burst is the best exhaustion perk, Balanced, Lithe, but the best players know it's Dead Hard. It's the only exhaustion perk that gives literal invincibility frames, making them go through the killer's body, over bear traps, etc. That's not even remotely fair.

I've got 2 ideas for it:

Nerf it: Only let survivors use it once a match, or if you need a compromise, once between hook states.

Rework it: I don't know what it would be, but just not the same perk as it is now.

But it needs to be fixed ASAP. It's carrying way too many survivors out of games they pretty much deserved to lose in. It's their 3rd chance, 4th chance, 5th chance getaway perk. It's like DS where you're absolutely undaunted by the killer as you do a gen in his face while injured, and then you get the benefit and the killer gets more and more wasted time. I don't know how this perk ever made it to live.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1946903#Comment_1946903

    Because it is related to the game and topic at hand, and not a snarky personal attack.

    It's also patently false. Dead Hard does not fail by latency "99% of the time" or even close to it. If it did, nobody would use it.

    Just because something is related to the game, doesn't mean it's a "valid argument".

    Like again, c'mon. What even is this?

  • @malloymk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1946906#Comment_1946906

    It's also patently false. Dead Hard does not fail by latency "99% of the time" or even close to it. If it did, nobody would use it.

    Just because something is related to the game, doesn't mean it's a "valid argument".

    Like again, c'mon. What even is this?

    Dead Hard does make you exhausted on the group multiple times. When they said 99% it was an exaggeration, doesn't make it not valid since it contributes to the topic.

  • Just a reminder to keep the discussion civil and respectful, no need to attack one another for having different opinions.

  • Hmmm deadhard op? I wish I could upload everytime I've used deadhard but was downed on the ground exhausted 😂

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    I think its fine but if it was reworked I would say limit the number of times you can use it by putting it on a token system.

    3 tokens and once all the tokens are used they can't use dead hard again and permanently have the exhaustion status.

    Thats a good idea although 3 tokens will mean nothing because if you down 3 times someone and hook him its dead. In any case i don't think this perk or any exaustation perk will get a nerf like this because every survivor main will scream and yell at the devs.

    Anyway with the only killer i hate facing DH survivors is obviously the nurse.. its the only killer that gets punished by this perk because you can't avoid missing the hit and getting fatigue. But nothing can be done.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1946910#Comment_1946910

    Dead Hard does make you exhausted on the group multiple times. When they said 99% it was an exaggeration, doesn't make it not valid since it contributes to the topic.

    Pretty big exaggeration. I'd listen to 10% of the time it doesn't work. 99 times out of a hundred though is a gross, severe exaggeration is it not?

    Same as when killers claim they face bully squads "almost every match" or survivors that claim "I just got face camped in every single match tonight". Impossible? No. Unlikely? Yes. Annoying when it happens? Yes.

    Same with Dead Hard not working. Yes, it sucks to be exhausted on the ground, but to act like that happens everytime you run it, that's just baloney. So why would I read baloney and try to pretend it's a valid argument that I have to give any credence to?

  • DH is a powerful perk but I think exhaustion perks are in an alright place. A good idea for a nerf to exhaustion perks is that your exhaustion perk cooldown only goes down when out of chase, so no more walking in chase.

  • @TheWarNung said:

    Rank 1 killer main here who uses Dead Hard every time he plays survivor.

    Yes DH is strong, but it's also the most skill based exhaustion perk. It is not OP. It is not "press E to outplay". Dead Harding for distance is useful and can be clutch in a pinch but you have to plan and route it correctly, which if we're being honest is true for every exhaustion perk.

    Most of the killer games I play people panic and goof their Dead Hards. Most of the time you can bait it out. When someone does DH the last few feet to a pallet I don't get mad. I think, "nice Dead Hard" and then I win the match anyways.

    Also, can we stop with the 'PC players are using macros for their DH?'. I'm not trying to start a PC vs console fight, I just don't like it when people make accusations of cheating with no evidence.

    "It is not "press E to outplay"

    It literally is.

    "Most of the killer games I play people panic and goof their Dead Hards. Most of the time you can bait it out."

    Lucky for you that you get potato survivors then. For the rest of us survivors make a mistake and doesn't matter they press E to undo, or they don't make the pallet/vault tap E and now they do. Outplayed with a skillful E press

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Lol, what's next, nerf botany knowledge or we'll make it because survivors heal too fast and it also kinda give them extra health state?

    Remove all exhaustion perks? All of them can extend chases massively. Be glad balanced and lithe are not meta. I feel like I'm the only balanced player left and I have no idea why. Tho I'm glad, no killer expects me to have balanced and it saved my ass more times than all other perks combined. Believe me, if you get full balanced squad on farm with combine harvester you would be making this about balanced and not dead heart. Survivors have their chase perks, killers have their chase perks. Live with it,

    But nobody runs Botany. Everybody runs DH. And unlike Balanced, Dead Hard can be used consistently without needing places to drop from.

  • @malloymk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1946808#Comment_1946808

    Not sure how old you are, but it's safe to say regardless of your age, you probably are relegated to the kids table at most family events.

    What an ice cold take. 99% of the time it doesn't work? Why do so many people run a perk that doesn't work 99% of the time. Oh that's because obviously your take on Dead Hard is blatantly and factually false.

    Because WHEN it works it’s better than all the other exhaustion perks. So it’s worth the risk equipping it. Stop throwing insults and stop making it seem like you’re the ######### and mr. know it all cause you’re not.

  • @Mert_MK said:

    Can't take this serious, even more so considering this is coming from the same guy who considers 360's cheating and that it requires zero skill to pull off. I bet that's the only reason he's absolutely fine with the current movement since he'd just get spun to oblivion like a legit rank 20 before lmfao.

    What a clown.

    That's not what this argument is about, but yes 360s are an exploit. They deny easily obtainable hits just from spinning, because of aim dressing and horrendous animations which I'm glad are gone now. I'm rank 1 so guess again. And they say "let the survivor spin in front of you, then hit them" but, shocker, they can do it multiple times in a row. Waiting that out wastes like 3-5 seconds when you should have hit them within 1 second. We shouldn't have to AIM at point blank range. If we wanted to do that, we'd play CoD or Deathslinger. We must get rid of all skilless things in this game, and DS is a mighty good start.

  • @Mert_MK said:

    Can't take this serious, even more so considering this is coming from the same guy who considers 360's cheating and that it requires zero skill to pull off. I bet that's the only reason he's absolutely fine with the current movement since he'd just get spun to oblivion like a legit rank 20 before lmfao.

    What a clown.

    Dude, you can disagree without being a jerk. Name calling is unnecessary.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/227563/dead-hard-needs-a-nerf-or-a-rework-from-the-ground-up

    I think what should really happen is that No Mither & Dead Hard get merged together, and David gets given a new perk.

    If players want their DH, they remain broken the entire match.

    You get a thumbs up from me

  • Dead Hard doesn't even work 90% of the times, and it's an exhaustion perk that can only be used when injured, but you want to nerf it?

    Smh.

  • No

    First time falling for dead hard isnt your fault

    second time its all your fault

  • dead had is terrible, thats why i switched to sprint burst. just bait the dead hard and theyll waste it, gets them every time. whenever i use dead hard at red ranks, the killer somehow just knows i have it and baits it. depending on the killer, it can be the best and the worst exhaustion perk in the game.

  • @swager21 said:

    dead had is terrible, thats why i switched to sprint burst. just bait the dead hard and theyll waste it, gets them every time. whenever i use dead hard at red ranks, the killer somehow just knows i have it and baits it. depending on the killer, it can be the best and the worst exhaustion perk in the game.

    I swapped Dead Hard out for Balanced. It's harder to get punished by dedicated servers and less killers expect it.

1 2 ›