Chest red key chances

I just played a match where nobody brought a key or luck offerings but they found 3 red or purple keys in chests without any chest offerings as well. What are the odds of this? I had to close the hatch several times and with the last generator never getting done. I killed one and everyone was one hook. Then hatch opens and one jumps in I close it in another's face whole then teabags and has a key in his hand, he opens then hatch after running some loops and I close it and there is one guy left who then opens the hatch with a key he found in a chest.

They all brought toolboxes and medkits not keys and told me end game chat they were in chests.

Comments

  • Did they have Plunderers and / or Appraisal? That would increase their chances greatly. I got two red keys in one match today using both plunderers and appraisal. If all 4 were running appraisal, they can pull out 15 items out of the regular 3 chests (3 by default + 12 additional by appraisal). With coin offerings even more. Quite good chance to get hold of mutliple keys. Maybe they even coordinated all that via comms.

  • Plunderers will get them once in 10 crates roughly. I've had loads of purple items lately too. It's a great perk.

  • @CaulDrohn said:

    Did they have Plunderers and / or Appraisal? That would increase their chances greatly. I got two red keys in one match today using both plunderers and appraisal. If all 4 were running appraisal, they can pull out 15 items out of the regular 3 chests (3 by default + 12 additional by appraisal). With coin offerings even more. Quite good chance to get hold of mutliple keys. Maybe they even coordinated all that via comms.

    Pretty sure that isn’t how it works. If more than one person is using Appraisal each chest can still only be plundered twice, at least it seems to be that way in my experience. I run it a lot with my Eloise build and I’ve come across chests ransacked by others that I couldn’t search for more items.

  • Plunderers give me keys in every 8 out of 10 matches, especially if I get the basement chest.

  • Well, you do have a chance of getting a rainbow map instead of a key.

  • Running both Appraisal and Plunderers, there have been times when I found nothing but flashlights. Keys are common, but definitely not assured.

  • @CountVampyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1941779#Comment_1941779

    Pretty sure that isn’t how it works. If more than one person is using Appraisal each chest can still only be plundered twice, at least it seems to be that way in my experience. I run it a lot with my Eloise build and I’ve come across chests ransacked by others that I couldn’t search for more items.

    I never experienced something like this. I explicitly rummaged through a chest that was already rummaged through by someone else, given that there were two items lying on the floor.

  • As others have said, Plunders and Appraisal will yield alot of good items. Especially if more than one person is running them.

  • Considering green key as NOT an actual key, it should be something like:

    ~2.3 % per chest without plunderer

    ~9.5% with it