Lets play a game, which is worse?

Which update in your opinion was worse?

Comments

  • I'd say neither but I supposed the Twins themselves need some tweaks on their power.

  • Midchapter since atleast the twins chapter didnt impact the game as much as a new HUD/animations

  • @blue4zion said:

    I'd say neither but I supposed the Twins themselves need some tweaks on their power.

    Well then what in your opinion was the worst update?

  • I would say the midchapter because of the terrible new HUD and survivor animations. I feel like that's a lot bigger than one killer

  • @boostedsurvivormain said:

    I would say the midchapter because of the terrible new HUD and survivor animations. I feel like that's a lot bigger than one killer

    Well the Twins update broke like half of the game. Not to mention they themselves were a disappointment.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1930078#Comment_1930078

    Well the Twins update broke like half of the game. Not to mention they themselves were a disappointment.

    Yeah you're not wrong, but the new HUD is for every killer and survivor and it's atrocious. Not to mention the ######### survivor animations.

  • @boostedsurvivormain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1930099#Comment_1930099

    Yeah you're not wrong, but the new HUD is for every killer and survivor and it's atrocious. Not to mention the ######### survivor animations.

    Yeah I understand that. This new hud and animations suck a lot.

  • @QwQw said:

    Which update in your opinion was worse?

    Twins had nothing but bugs. This reworked 3 maps, even if badly imo(I can still change idea), but still now the size of asylum and the amount of pallets on the game can be lowered by a ton

  • At least with the Twins you get Elodie and good perks. The mid-chapter patch has made survivor gameplay harder in regards to the new animations and HUD. It is very hard to tell what is going on with the new HUD and some of the animations look unnatural and make movement harder (i.e. standing still and running injured). Additionally, there seems to be a bug that makes hitboxes massive so killers appear to hit you from miles away.

  • You see, if they actually refined this chapter and took feedback, this would have been an amazing chapter.

    This is probably the the worst update since Legion, which almost killed DBD once before.

  • I mean, they're not really comparable... are they?

    The Twins update introduced a lot of bugs, but most of those have since been fixed (I think). And while The Twins suck, I just don't play as them, so their suckiness doesn't matter. In general, though, it was a terrible chapter with a terrible killer and a ton of bugs.

    However, this HUD change isn't a bug, it's on purpose, and I can't play a different killer or switch to survivor to get rid of it. Since it's gone live, it's unlikely to be changed.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    I mean, they're not really comparable... are they?

    The Twins update introduced a lot of bugs, but most of those have since been fixed (I think). And while The Twins suck, I just don't play as them, so their suckiness doesn't matter. In general, though, it was a terrible chapter with a terrible killer and a ton of bugs.

    However, this HUD change isn't a bug, it's on purpose, and I can't play a different killer or switch to survivor to get rid of it. Since it's gone live, it's unlikely to be changed.

    I put them together because both of these updates (bugs or not) sucked.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1930903#Comment_1930903

    I put them together because both of these updates (bugs or not) sucked.

    You're not wrong about them both sucking.

  • I'm pretty sure an update affecting quality-of-life gameplay such as the UI, animations & maps is much bigger than a killer being added to the game, considering not many people play The Twins in the first place.

  • Twins patch is a strong contender, but after playing survivor for 5 hours straight I can say this patch is much worse. Hitboxes are so off that the game is unplayable. Very few times did I get killed as many times as today, solely because the killer landed hits they had no business landing. It's so awful that I'm considering either stop playing or play only killer until it's fixed.

  • This patch came with some rather positive things. The Twins didn't.

  • The twins update straight up broke the game lol. This new update is bad for the most part but at least it's semi-functional (At least so far)

  • The way I explained it to somebody, the Mid-Chapter update at least introduces SOME good things. The changes made to Wraith and Trapper are really positive ones that I'm looking forward to, updated visuals are always something I personally look forward to even if it gets overshadowed by other things like gameplay, and although a few of the new animations look really awkward (mainly the idle and walking animations) I do like how much more fluid the animations are.

    I'm just really hoping that they pick up the slack for the next update. And maybe that they update the updates that they made in this mid-chapter patch to fix a few things in the future (Put more "fear" into the animations of survivors, they look way too stiff and casual right now, localize the HUD into one part or parts of the screen rather than all over like it is now, and please for the love of God do something else for Clown beyond the TF2 Jarate they decided to give him, it's basically worthless...)

  • @GoobyNugget said:

    Midchapter since atleast the twins chapter didnt impact the game as much as a new HUD/animations

    You forgot the hitboxes and depip bugs.

  • Mid chapter, no questions asked. It was horrid with the Twins and how much they camped but I honestly rarely go up against them. The mid chapter patch was almost useless. I'd be happy enough with a new Tome and the Lunar new year event. They didn't need to change the HUD and break the game alongside it.

  • New UI gives me eye strain that leads to headaches after a few matches. Bugs during Twins were frustrating but atleast I wasn't in physical pain.