Well... i'm gonna miss it :(

Man, when this update drops i'm gonna really miss this old UI. The simplicity, how well it works, it was everything you could've wanted.

I seriously don't understand why they couldn't have just said "Hey guys, we're taking your feedback on board and we're delaying the release of the new UI to address the feedback you've given us" instead of just forcing us to play with it.

I understand, they want to get more feedback from console players, but I just imagine there will be a ton of criticism from console players about the new UI too. I'm hoping that they finally realise how many people dislike it including those console players and then revert it with the next chapter release. Even a lot of Fog Whisperers disliked it too.

Many of us are gonna miss it, so enjoy it as much as possible whilst we have the amazing and well-designed UI we have now.

Comments

  • @MikaKim said:

    If they want to give us this kind of updated UI then they needed to make it customizable. As in decide what information you want, be able to move icons around on the screen etc. Because I hate the character portraits where they are as survivor, it gets in my LoS.

    This update OMG, I'm trying to offer something constructive but I just find myself going 'vomit' at most of it.

    This update has left me stunned design wise, in a bad way.

    Who signed off on this?

    I just.... no

    I agree!!!! I absolutely despise the new UI and I want the old one back. Did I mention that I play on console?

  • @Botiz said:

    Man, when this update drops i'm gonna really miss this old UI. The simplicity, how well it works, it was everything you could've wanted.

    I seriously don't understand why they couldn't have just said "Hey guys, we're taking your feedback on board and we're delaying the release of the new UI to address the feedback you've given us" instead of just forcing us to play with it.

    I understand, they want to get more feedback from console players, but I just imagine there will be a ton of criticism from console players about the new UI too. I'm hoping that they finally realise how many people dislike it including those console players and then revert it with the next chapter release. Even a lot of Fog Whisperers disliked it too.

    Many of us are gonna miss it, so enjoy it as much as possible whilst we have the amazing and well-designed UI we have now.

    Yea I wish they just moved the icons to where the old ui was I like the icons but why can't they stay where they are

  • @Slendy4321 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1929128#Comment_1929128

    I agree!!!! I absolutely despise the new UI and I want the old one back. Did I mention that I play on console?

    Its not any better on steam/pc I'm afraid.

    What a disaster, the more I think about it the more I just can't play it......

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1928110#Comment_1928110

    Nah, you're being way too optimistic. This is the kind of change they spent money on. They aren't going to revert it. No matter how hated it is.

    What 50 to 100 dollars to pay the workers in it because that is literally the most basic ui even in mobile games quite a lot for a company that makes half the price of their game in 1 skin

  • @MikaKim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1929138#Comment_1929138

    Its not any better on steam/pc I'm afraid.

    What a disaster, the more I think about it the more I just can't play it......

    It's just sad because the new rift skins look amazing. I don't know if I can push myself through this ######### to get through the rift. Might be the first rift I might not complete

  • @Slendy4321 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1929151#Comment_1929151

    It's just sad because the new rift skins look amazing. I don't know if I can push myself through this ######### to get through the rift. Might be the first rift I might not complete

    Exactly.

    I've played since release, and had some time off here and there from the game

    This update is just making me think I should play something else for a bit, have some time off again.

    Because I just can't.

  • The old UI was absolutely not everything that I wanted.


    I have issues with the new UI, but there are absolutely some new things being implemented that I think are good.


    Still need a totem counter though.

  • @Karao_Ke said:

    The only decent change to the new UI is the portraits. Other than that, I have literally not seen a single person complain about the UI ever which makes me wonder why the hell they thought they needed to change it.

    I mean sure, maybe they wanted to be innovative & make the game look more "sleek", but nobody asked for this. Nobody.

    What's funny is the closest thing to UI 'complaints' we ever got were just potential enhancements to it, like survs have more info about eachother to improve solo experience, you can see when anyone is in chase rather than just obsession, or all players can see a hook counter below an individual players widget. None of these things were actually added, other than the latter, but only to one side

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    The old UI was absolutely not everything that I wanted.

    I have issues with the new UI, but there are absolutely some new things being implemented that I think are good.

    Still need a totem counter though.

    That's the only thing we truly need!!!

  • @MikaKim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1929160#Comment_1929160

    Exactly.

    I've played since release, and had some time off here and there from the game

    This update is just making me think I should play something else for a bit, have some time off again.

    Because I just can't.

    I feel you. I want to experience a higher quality game if I buy it for a console but it feels like I'm playing a freaking mobile game rip

  • This update just makes me wanna punch the dog.

  • @Slendy4321 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1929171#Comment_1929171

    I feel you. I want to experience a higher quality game if I buy it for a console but it feels like I'm playing a freaking mobile game rip

    My god, I just keep shaking my head, like part of me just can't process what I'm witnessing.

    It's late here, so I'll probably try again tomorrow.

    But as it stands this is worse than the Autohaven update.I used to like those maps.

    Now I don't even like my characters??

    Peace <3

  • @MikaKim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1929192#Comment_1929192

    My god, I just keep shaking my head, like part of me just can't process what I'm witnessing.

    It's late here, so I'll probably try again tomorrow.

    But as it stands this is worse than the Autohaven update.I used to like those maps.

    Now I don't even like my characters??

    Peace <3

    Have a good night!!!

    They have a lot to learn because this new update might be almost as bad as when they dropped the Twins in the PTB

  • No!!!!!!!!!!!! its a cute woofle

  • @kaeru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1927866#Comment_1927866

    They also figured that red looks great on red.

    And they said they think about streamers web cam placement. Apparently streamers doesn't need space for any other stuff like chat or donate bar, so every part of screen should be filled with UI.

    The best part about that is that there's nowhere to put the camera now where some information isn't covered up by it

1 2 ›