5 Biggest Mistakes You Make as a Survivor

Hey, DBD players. I decided to make a list of 5 biggest mistakes you make as a survivor. The whole video with explanation is right there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJVOwUyLgak&t=2s


But if you don't want to watch, then these are the mistakes:

1. Going for saves when injured

2. Not taking advantage of camping killers

3. Wasting pallets

4. Looping around a hooked survivor

5. Not looking behind


I see many players making these mistakes

By the way, I made a killer edition too, so check my Youtube channel :)

What do you think?

Comments

  • My personal 5


    1. Never using a flashlight correctly

    - i can rarely get use out of it outside of when a killer is breaking a pallet.


    2. Timing dead hard incorrectly

    - typically i time it too early and waste it


    3. Get body blocked by a teammate

    - this is mostly a teammate problem I think but ive had a lot of teammates panic while I'm being chased by killer and the cut me off and I get stuck with the killer downing me due to bumping into teammate


    4. Failing to get away with a risky unhook

    - another mostly teammate issue but I think I could do better to shake a killer who is still nearby when I get unhooked


    5. Failing to shake off a killer with few pallets around

    - i need to better practice how to confuse a killer when I dont have pallets to help with

    • Giving the killer an easy three gen situation. So often I see this happen, especially on maps like Azarov's resting place and Suffocation Pit.
    • This one is more from my own experience as a killer, but I main Myers and sometimes survivors will drop a pallet and then just stand/teabag on the other side of it and feed me stalk so I get my tier 3 to 99%.
    • Kindred is active, but you'll have that one team mate self caring (probably against sloppy butcher) or just sitting on a gen at the back of the map while one or two people are on hook and/or slugged, and the other is being chased.
  • I'll look behind me when the game gives me camera free look.


    I know this is highly advanced tech from 1997, but I think we can do it.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    • Giving the killer an easy three gen situation. So often I see this happen, especially on maps like Azarov's resting place and Suffocation Pit.
    • This one is more from my own experience as a killer, but I main Myers and sometimes survivors will drop a pallet and then just stand/teabag on the other side of it and feed me stalk so I get my tier 3 to 99%.
    • Kindred is active, but you'll have that one team mate self caring (probably against sloppy butcher) or just sitting on a gen at the back of the map while one or two people are on hook and/or slugged, and the other is being chased.

    The first one is a good one.

  • The biggest mistake I used to make was playing survivor on my own.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    The biggest mistake I used to make was playing survivor on my own.

    I play on my own every day. Dude, it's not that hard.

  • @BoyDilly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1927106#Comment_1927106

    I play on my own every day. Dude, it's not that hard.

    Never said it was hard, I just said it was a mistake. And it's boring. Very boring.

  • I don't make these mistakes. But I know what you mean.

  • You forgot one - Solo Queue.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1927346#Comment_1927346

    Never said it was hard, I just said it was a mistake. And it's boring. Very boring.

    I find it enjoyable.

  • Playing this game was my biggest mistake i think, sure for first 100 hours it was fun, but now this is just makes me feel bad and tired. Maybe i should take a break from this game...

  • @darktrix said:

    You forgot one - Solo Queue.

    Solo queue is no worry if you're a somewhat competent survivor, just need to try your best to carry the potatoes

  • @Satori said:

    Playing this game was my biggest mistake i think, sure for first 100 hours it was fun, but now this is just makes me feel bad and tired. Maybe i should take a break from this game...

    maybe you should take a break then. I have 1300 hours, I'm still having fun.

  • @Chchchcheryl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1927552#Comment_1927552

    Solo queue is no worry if you're a somewhat competent survivor, just need to try your best to carry the potatoes

    That load to carry gets very heavy my man.

  • Running towards hooked survivors or survivors working on gens when being chased. No gud!