The grind, are these changes enough and fair?
So the grind is brought up every Q&A so I wanted to discuss and share my ideas. (For reference I have about 1.5k hours, own all perks on everyone both sides)
Firstly I dont want to remove tiers, why? Because if you do the grind would be way to easy and everyone at all ranks and new chapter releases will easily be able to get meta perks and honestly that would ruin alot of fun for both sides of using the perks you have at the time not to mention players who have put the time and effort into this miss out and put alot of work where other players haven't not to mention it's not a requirement to own all perks, that's a choice.
The changes:
Prestige: instead of losing everything each prestige you will instead keep all items and perks already gained at a cost of X bloodpoints, think of it as buying the prestige clothes via bloodpoints in the blood web. Have some with all perks but not prestiged? Dont worry you can now keep all your stuff and still earn the clothes.
Teachables: whoever's the teachables belong to will automatically have them tier 3 from level 1. Its their teachables so they shouldn't have to learn them, also encourages new chapter perks to be used as they're tier 3 on new characters who might not have alot of perks yet.
Perks in the bloodweb: add an extra perk per bloodweb, this allows you to get 3 perks per web instead of 2, this will reduce the grind slightly per web adding up to alot if you aim for all perks.
Last of all, my favourite idea, perks can be found in mystery boxes, depending on the rarity you may find a tier 1 perk, or maybe even a tier 3 perk. This makes these mystery items even more interesting and exciting, they're often rare to see anyway but would definitely make them more interactive and fun.
What do you think?
Thanks for reading, long I know but I feel this would fix the grind alot without making it a cake walk. And please remain from saying just remove tiers, the devs dont want to and iv explained why I agree I'd much rather hear feedback and other interesting suggestions thanks.
Comments
3 perks per bloodweb is still too few for the amount of perks we already have, 5 perks per bloodweb and maybe don't take a thousand hours for a new player unlock all perks with all characters
Youd be surprised by the amount that would add up and save being able to get more in a bloodweb, plus the mystery boxes can give a chance too would increase them odds. But like I said getting all perks on everyone is a choice, you arent forced to do it. Game is far less grindy than looters shooters where you have to worry about the items, extra effects and rolls etc. Dbd has guaranteed grind, not luck and rng. If you want everything you need to work for it. Besides my time is me still playing with plenty of extra bps. Have like 300+ event cakes etc. So you can do it in less if you really wanted to "grind"
It's not really a choice getting all perks on everyone. This may be true to survivors, but for killers you have to get all perks with all killers if you play with all of them
That is true for killer, but all the changes would help alot especially if you look at mathematically. Like just that one extra perk per web would be a huge difference in the long run, average web is 50k for 2 perks meaning if you could get 3 perks instead you get 6 for 100k instead of 4. 30 instead of 20 for 500k etc. Its a massive difference so I wouldn't want to make the grind to easy for reasons iv mentioned but I get your point
If you actually stick to upgrading a single character at a time, it doesn't take long. I got Yui from level 1 to P3-50 with all perks in a few days.
Once a year dead by daylight releases a grind. We can get up to 250k a game...4games = 1mil...saving bloodpoints past a mil would break this event. Thinking prestiges are meaningless and continuing to spend 15mil to get all perks before spending like 4.5 to 5mil for p3 first....I made the mistake on two characters and many killers but the yearly event helps but it's the fact it's only yearly....
Well I didn't say anything about increasing the bp cap, as for prestige I said it's a waste and it's why it should be changed. There should be daily for both sides while more ways to increase the amount of bps you get
I think prestige should be more worth it. 100% agree it feels pointless outside the purpose of actually completing the characters.
Maybe bloody parties should be more common? I can't see behavior raising the 32k baseline max, but making it there's more blood point offerings would be just as good in my opinion.