If new OoO concept ever goes live, it’ll have MUCH better synergy with Sole Survivor.

It’s no secret that Sole Survivor isn’t popular (I personally like it). What mostly turns people off is it’s conditions. No, we don’t want teammates to die, but Aura Blocking is way more powerful than most players give credit for. This is why Distortion is so limited in tokens, and OTR only lasts 80 seconds. Sole Survivor needs to be restrictive because of how immensely powerful it’s max aura blocking range actually is against some killers and builds, especially if they’re relying on that type of tracking.

One of the big things with Sole Survivor and OoO is that it doesn’t gain much great power till 2 tokens, and isn’t the most powerful it can be till 3 tokens. Unless against any “wall hack” killer/add ons/perks, 1 Sole Survivor token is usually pretty useless.

If however this proposed OoO ever goes live, with it no longer being tied to TR or a max/min distance, it’s likely to have periods where it activates mid chase, where you and the killer can both see each other.

This means if (unfortunately) just one team mate dies, 1 token of Sole Survivor will be WAY more powerful with this proposed OoO concept. Like, that’s going to be a pretty big survivor advantage to semi frequently mid chase see the killers aura, but prevent the killer from ever seeing yours again during a chase.

Interestingly, this proposed OoO will become riskier as more team mates die, with or without Sole Survivor due to no min/max distance on OoO anymore. It could mean doom for the last survivor if the Hatch is closed because the killer can simply wait to see which gate the survivor is at or heading for.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    If your Aura is not shown to the Killer, you do not see the Killer's Aura.

    The perk at base states "Whenever your Aura is revealed to the Killer, the Killer's Aura becomes revealed to you"

    If your Aura is not revealed, then the Killer's Aura will should not be revealed either.

    However, technically, that statement is ambiguous depending on how it actually is implemented.

    Does Sole Survivor cover the Aura yet keeps the Aura active in the background Or does it prevent the Aura from triggering at all?

    Does OoO require your Aura to be shown, or just that your Aura can be read at the moment if something wasn't blocking it?

    Good points

  • Actually it'll have zero synergy with Sole Survivor.

    Sole survivor prevents your aura from ever being shown to the killer.

    New OOO only shows killer aura if your aura is shown to killer. So it'll never proc while in SS range.

    I hope in wrong and BHVR thought of that so it procs when your aura is supposed to show, but doesnt show if you have an ability to blck the aura read.

  • I wish they'd up the range of SS a bit. So that it's useful even with just one token.

    I mean nobody uses the perk (except me) and it's consistently rated as one of the worst perks in the entire game. Would be great to see it get a little love. Even just a 30m range buff per dead teammate would at least make it nice to use even with just one guy dead.

  • Depends on effect priority, with code you can't have too many complex rules dealing with one thing so with aura reading activated aura reading its going to depend on whether aura blocking or aura reading take priority in the code, the latter means sole survivor has synergy, the former does not

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    It’s no secret that Sole Survivor isn’t popular (I personally like it). What mostly turns people off is it’s conditions. No, we don’t want teammates to die, but Aura Blocking is way more powerful than most players give credit for. This is why Distortion is so limited in tokens, and OTR only lasts 80 seconds. Sole Survivor needs to be restrictive because of how immensely powerful it’s max aura blocking range actually is against some killers and builds, especially if they’re relying on that type of tracking.

    One of the big things with Sole Survivor and OoO is that it doesn’t gain much great power till 2 tokens, and isn’t the most powerful it can be till 3 tokens. Unless against any “wall hack” killer/add ons/perks, 1 Sole Survivor token is usually pretty useless.

    If however this proposed OoO ever goes live, with it no longer being tied to TR or a max/min distance, it’s likely to have periods where it activates mid chase, where you and the killer can both see each other.

    This means if (unfortunately) just one team mate dies, 1 token of Sole Survivor will be WAY more powerful with this proposed OoO concept. Like, that’s going to be a pretty big survivor advantage to semi frequently mid chase see the killers aura, but prevent the killer from ever seeing yours again during a chase.

    Interestingly, this proposed OoO will become riskier as more team mates die, with or without Sole Survivor due to no min/max distance on OoO anymore. It could mean doom for the last survivor if the Hatch is closed because the killer can simply wait to see which gate the survivor is at or heading for.

    Welp saw this coming.. I was hoping no one brought light to how broken it would be. OoO/Sole Survivor + Updated Open Handed (16 meters) so 1 stack would be 40 meters for SS

  • @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/224339/if-new-ooo-concept-ever-goes-live-it-ll-have-much-better-synergy-with-sole-survivor

    Welp saw this coming.. I was hoping no one brought light to how broken it would be. OoO/Sole Survivor + Updated Open Handed (16 meters) so 1 stack would be 40 meters for SS

    Open Handed doesn’t interact with SS unfortunately

  • @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/224339/if-new-ooo-concept-ever-goes-live-it-ll-have-much-better-synergy-with-sole-survivor

    Welp saw this coming.. I was hoping no one brought light to how broken it would be. OoO/Sole Survivor + Updated Open Handed (16 meters) so 1 stack would be 40 meters for SS

    I also don't think you read some of the other points folks have made.

  • I thought Sole Survivor does not even work ? I read it was bugged for a long time now

  • @Haku said:

    I thought Sole Survivor does not even work ? I read it was bugged for a long time now

    It works. It’s in my semi often used perks.

  • I mean, will it? It's still one of the worst perks in the entire game unless you're sandbagging and aiming for a hatch escape.

  • That's a bug then and needs to be reported. It's an aura reading perk and should work with open handed.

  • @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1921092#Comment_1921092

    That's a bug then and needs to be reported. It's an aura reading perk and should work with open handed.

    No. It’s an aura blocking perk. That’s why Open Handed doesn’t interact with SS. Just like Open Handed doesn’t increase a Maps detection range.

  • Sole survivor is a terrible perk that deserves a buff tbh, at least to the total of the killer TR, 32 mts at least, you are alone in the match anyway... is not that helpfull at all, yes you can avoid getting found but its still a find the hatch first game if the killer finds it 2 mins to die. the points above are good aswell it seems they wont stack together.

  • You're using up 2 perk slots to block your aura being read from up to 24 meters after 1 survivor's dead and you're in a 3v1... I'm not seeing how this combo is good. Also what would you want to block your aura from? The only perks I could think of being useful for are I'm All Ears (maybe like 5 people in the entire world use this perk) and Nurse's (which is also not a popular perk anymore, and spine chill does a much better job of telling you if the killer's close and is useful all the time)

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    You're using up 2 perk slots to block your aura being read from up to 24 meters after 1 survivor's dead and you're in a 3v1... I'm not seeing how this combo is good. Also what would you want to block your aura from? The only perks I could think of being useful for are I'm All Ears (maybe like 5 people in the entire world use this perk) and Nurse's (which is also not a popular perk anymore, and spine chill does a much better job of telling you if the killer's close and is useful all the time)

    Blocking other perks is just a bonus. What 1 token would block is the OoO users aura mid chase, allowing them to still see where the killer is when it activates mid chase, but the killer can’t see the OoO user (in theory)

  • @Haku said:

    I thought Sole Survivor does not even work ? I read it was bugged for a long time now

    It was fixed some time back. I reported the bug a few times and it eventually got fixed. It went unnoticed for a long time because practically nobody uses it.

    @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1921092#Comment_1921092

    That's a bug then and needs to be reported. It's an aura reading perk and should work with open handed.

    Not a bug. Open Handed works with Aura-Reading perks, not Aura-Blocking persk.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    You're using up 2 perk slots to block your aura being read from up to 24 meters after 1 survivor's dead and you're in a 3v1... I'm not seeing how this combo is good. Also what would you want to block your aura from? The only perks I could think of being useful for are I'm All Ears (maybe like 5 people in the entire world use this perk) and Nurse's (which is also not a popular perk anymore, and spine chill does a much better job of telling you if the killer's close and is useful all the time)

    Calling it "good" isn't really the point. It's just a fun thing to use, not everyone plays this game min-maxed and optimized. You are correct in saying that that's not exactly 'good' but I would run it for that.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1921506#Comment_1921506

    Blocking other perks is just a bonus. What 1 token would block is the OoO users aura mid chase, allowing them to still see where the killer is when it activates mid chase, but the killer can’t see the OoO user (in theory)

    Oh yeah I forgot it would (or should) show the aura to the killer every 30 seconds, there is also that. Suppose it wouldn't be that bad

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1921240#Comment_1921240

    It was fixed some time back. I reported the bug a few times and it eventually got fixed. It went unnoticed for a long time because practically nobody uses it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1921267#Comment_1921267

    Not a bug. Open Handed works with Aura-Reading perks, not Aura-Blocking persk.

    Well get ready to be bugged again since you know ... new patch is next week and we know what comes with every patch right ?

  • @Haku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1921579#Comment_1921579

    Well get ready to be bugged again since you know ... new patch is next week and we know what comes with every patch right ?

    Thanks for that “positive, uplifting” comment, that also has nothing to do with this conversation at all.