Hoarder revealing itself?

I'm planning on doing an item thief trapper build to mess with lobbies full of items (Franklin's value), and I was wondering if it told the survivor the killer had hoarder when they interact with an item or chest (when the killer would be notified by hoarder).

Because I might just scrap the idea if Hoarder reveals itself, smart players will just abandon items and chests or 100% make sure I'm on the other side of the map to retrieve the stuff.

Comments

  • I would error on the side that it does warn them.

  • I think it doesn't, not sure tho, literally nobody uses Hoarder.

  • @Mr_K said:

    I would error on the side that it does warn them.

    One would think but you never know, some stuff doesn't like Plague's iri addon for the puke aura reveal, which really should at least be shown in the debuffs section!

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    I think it doesn't, not sure tho, literally nobody uses Hoarder.

    Yeah, I would test it out with a friend but none of them have been online for a couple days :((


    If anyone seeing this has capacity to test it at the moment please do so and feed back here I'd be ever grateful!

  • @Chchchcheryl said:

    I'm planning on doing an item thief trapper build to mess with lobbies full of items (Franklin's value), and I was wondering if it told the survivor the killer had hoarder when they interact with an item or chest (when the killer would be notified by hoarder).

    Because I might just scrap the idea if Hoarder reveals itself, smart players will just abandon items and chests or 100% make sure I'm on the other side of the map to retrieve the stuff.

    No.

    Survivors will only pick up on the perk if they’re savvy enough to correlate that you’re quickly appearing anytime a chest or item is touched.

  • Considering just how item happy the group I went up against for my Adept Twins was (it's honestly the perk that helped me the most), I would say that Hoarder doesn't directly warn them, but good Survivors could probably pick up on it when they notice the abnormal amount of chests.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/223626/hoarder-revealing-itself

    No.

    Survivors will only pick up on the perk if they’re savvy enough to correlate that you’re quickly appearing anytime a chest or item is touched.

    Oh that's great thankyou!

    I'm well excited to try this build now!

  • @VolantConch1719 said:

    Considering just how item happy the group I went up against for my Adept Twins was (it's honestly the perk that helped me the most), I would say that Hoarder doesn't directly warn them, but good Survivors could probably pick up on it when they notice the abnormal amount of chests.

    Lol, I'm yet to go for my adept (or use hoarder generally) so I'm excited to see how much information I'm going to get from it, especially on a smaller map like Midwich!

  • I am pretty sure it doesn't, none of the killer perks that give notifications to the killer inform survivors.

    The ones that give survivors notification are the hex perks. Detection perks generally do not give warning to the survivor.


    That said I don't really know because nobody and I do mean nobody uses Hoarder.

  • @Mr_K said:

    I would error on the side that it does warn them.

    Why? None of the killer detection perks warn the survivors when they are being detected.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1912930#Comment_1912930

    Why? None of the killer detection perks warn the survivors when they are being detected.

    Hexes

  • @Chchchcheryl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1912930#Comment_1912930

    One would think but you never know, some stuff doesn't like Plague's iri addon for the puke aura reveal, which really should at least be shown in the debuffs section!

    Then there would be no reason to run distortion because you would always know if the killer has bbq, nurse's, or an add-on that reveals survivors

  • @SeannyD115 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1912933#Comment_1912933

    Then there would be no reason to run distortion because you would always know if the killer has bbq, nurse's, or an add-on that reveals survivors

    No not really, but ok.

  • If a killer would hook a survivor and you suddenly get a reveal debuff it would be pretty obvious that they have bbq.

  • @SeannyD115 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1913865#Comment_1913865

    If a killer would hook a survivor and you suddenly get a reveal debuff it would be pretty obvious that they have bbq.

    Duh but no one has asked for that, simply said that it should reveal itself as it's basically constant tracking, it might also incentivise the survivor to cleanse which in and of itself is a buff because there is no way to directly counter the addon (unlike BBQ, etc.).

    idk why you're going through the effort to try and start an argument against someone on the internet for no reason but you do you ig.

  • I hope they address Hoarder’s original intent to reduce item rarity in chests. Is it really that hard to code it so that only brown or yellow items can be found in chests, and for survivors running Plunderers the best they can get is green?

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    I hope they address Hoarder’s original intent to reduce item rarity in chests. Is it really that hard to code it so that only brown or yellow items can be found in chests, and for survivors running Plunderers the best they can get is green?

    To answer the question with another. Remember the history of Mystery Boxes in bloodwebs?