Interesting observation about the forum
You ever go through an old thread from a year or so ago? Scrolling through, ever notice how many of the commenters have the red “user banned, please carry on” icon?
I mean dang! Is it really that hard for people to behave themselves?
Comments
You either die a hero or live long enough to be a villain.
Either tilt hard enough to quit the game in a rush of apathetic burnout, or let your passions control you to the breaking point of making a total fool of yourself.
One day this fate will belong to all of us.
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you our honorary philosopher of the forums! 😁
I don't know if it's a matter of them not behaving per say, rather than an extremely subjective rule set for the forums. That is to say they may or may not have really misbehaved as much as one would think.
Mostly all the old time high posting people I remember are all not around anymore though. Not to imply that's strictly because of bans however.
I think one of the problem is sometimes people can get frustrated and angry at the game and use the forum to release there frustrations instead of taking time to calm down so you can think more logically about how you feel and put things across in a better way.
People's thoughts and opinions when they're angry or upset are often much different than when they are feeling more calm and rational.
I've been around for nearly two years now, so it can't be THAT hard.
To be fair, we really don't know the circumstances of a lot of the bans. And as we've seen, pretty much anything can potentially get you banned. Even what I am currently saying is grounds to ban me and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.
"Did you just say the word 'fair' on a DBD forum? Flagged."
I dunno I got really mad and made some really mad comments and posts, didnt get banned tho
On other servers, Ark survival evolved, there are abusive mods on the forum that take offense when you refused to give them a discount on your store and ban you for a month :D
Your not entirely wrong, DBD will never be fair cause it's 2 sided. Killer mains hate survivor perks that are strong and swf, survivors hate killers who play "Toxic" like camping, tunnelling or slugging. Survivors and killers play like that cause they can LOL.
The reason killers are toxic is because they have little to no reason not to.
They're gonna be treated the exact same anyway.
Been here since day one and have yet to be banned😎
^ this.
Also, the relevant posts will be deleted. The person who gets the Warning/Ban knows what they have done, but any other people might not know about it.
Yea I've noticed this also. It's a real shame since a lot of the original community on here feels like it's gone. Unfortunately the more you post here the more likely you are to get a ban.
I've had a short ban for making a thread joking about balance in this game. It's a shame that people feel like they're walking on eggshells sometimes.
We're taking a risk lol good luck to us I guess