Just a friendly reminder that you are more likely to kobe when a survivor is within 8 meters of you

This is not a confirmed fact but research shows it is more likely not guaranteed

Comments

  • I can definitely back this claim up as it seems like whenever I attempt before somebody comes to save me, I usually kobe compared to when everyone is on hook & desperate.

    Shame.

  • @Karao_Ke said:

    I can definitely back this claim up as it seems like whenever I attempt before somebody comes to save me, I usually kobe compared to when everyone is on hook & desperate.

    Shame.

    this includes if the killer is carrying the survivor

  • I find if the game is practically over. Like 1-2 people are on a hook and the rest are slugged. It definitely feels like your odds of Kobe go up.

  • I'm fairly new to the community, uh, what the heck does "kobe" mean in this case?

  • @Beelzeboop said:

    I'm fairly new to the community, uh, what the heck does "kobe" mean in this case?

    Unhooking yourself. The chance is like 4% hence the use of the "kobe" meme when referring to it.

    Fun fact, if you "kobe" at the end of a game, some killers might be extra nice and let you actually leave if it entertains them enough that you did so :)

  • @Beelzeboop said:

    I'm fairly new to the community, uh, what the heck does "kobe" mean in this case?

    Unhooking yourself

  • Ok, thanks.

    That makes a lot of sense. I think.

    I'm not into basketball, and haven't had the ability to catch up on memes for a long time.

  • A friendly reminder too that many survivors getting Kobe'd in their face after running halfway across the map to save you will let you die next hook out of complete spite...

  • @hatchking said:

    This is not a confirmed fact but research shows it is more likely not guaranteed

    Yeah I kind of ntoiced that too a couple times the last time I played, even with slippery I wasn't making it out then a couple of times when I was about to hit struggle off I go and was thinking, "oh #########, they're gonna think I just BM them I better not get found again now or I might as well not struggle since they're not coming to bring me down again". We have the tendency for negative trends to seem more apparent out of just a survival instinct really,t o avoid danger, a primal thing. It's overall probably worked way more when somebody was Not coming to pull me down over the whole time I played, just the times theyw ere coming when it's happened stand out more to me because it puts me at risk of them getting PO and leaving me up there next time.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1910186#Comment_1910186

    Unhooking yourself. The chance is like 4% hence the use of the "kobe" meme when referring to it.

    Fun fact, if you "kobe" at the end of a game, some killers might be extra nice and let you actually leave if it entertains them enough that you did so :)

    One time a bubba hooked us all in the basement and I kobed. He let me save them and let me go. I ended up getting a trophy for it.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    A friendly reminder too that many survivors getting Kobe'd in their face after running halfway across the map to save you will let you die next hook out of complete spite...

    Sligjtly off topic but still relevant i feel is deliverance. I understand the perk and everything and the best wait for killwr to actually move before using but its annoying when you go for a safe honest save and they unhook themselves. I suppose technically its inefficient because you're broken so can't be healed, whereas if you sacrificed a few BP I would have done both