BBQ and chili is not overpowered...
I have seen a few comments around the forums these past few days about how BBQ has no counterplay and is too good on any killer.
BBQ is a great killer perk, and it is not OP. It gives the killer information as to where to go next and gives extra BP as a nice bonus.
You can hide behind generators and in lockers to avoid the aura reading. However, most high-level players don't hide in lockers unless they are very vulnerable. You can also get inside a range of 40 meters where the killer hooks someone.
Remember, that at the start of the match if the killer hooks one person they have 3 other survivors to go after. Chances are, that the killer will end up chasing someone who is not you. If the killer has BBQ, don't hide from it unless you have to.
Comments
People think BBQ is overpowered? Y'all are crazy. It's a solid killer perk. It has counterplay. By that same logic Kindred is OP.
Not everyone, I assume just a bunch of newbies.
"these past few days"
There's like a weekly thread about "nerf BBQ" on these forums. No matter how many times it's pointed out that it promotes a healthy playstyle (not guarantees it, people, promotes) and that it has half a dozen counters, the complaints don't stop. Maybe people think "OP" stands for "overplayed" rather than "overpowered," or maybe they just don't like rewarding killers to promote healthy play, they'd rather punish killers to prevent un-fun playstyles. (Wanting negative reinforcement in an already punishing video game, what a great way to build a lasting playerbase.)
I've commented on a bunch of the threads in the past (though it's hardly worth bothering), the posts are there in my comment history. It's practically a weekly tradition at this point.
There's no way in hell I'd be running this perk on every killer if it didn't give me double bloodpoints.
But I like levelling everyone soooo... ye it's a default on every build for me.
I always feel a bit sad when not using bbq lol the bp are necessary.
I don't remember them being a weekly thing.
They're the survivors somehow not capable to do 4 counters to a perk. I don't know any other perk with 4 counters.
it's overpowered because it gives the killers more bloodpoints 4head, more points = less grind and thus it is overpowered
Because more points make a perk op.
If that is the case then WGLF is also op lol.
Survivors have been begging the devs to nerf all these useful killer perks that aren't as nearly big of a problem as Dead Hard, D Strike, etc. They want it to be a walk in the park. BBQ is the next victim after Undying. Devour Hope's time will come after BBQ.
yeah but WGLF is a survivor perk, which means that it can't be unbalanced
lol icy what's happening here
I was being a bit hyperbolic, but they do seem to be a regular staple around here these days.
Nov 16:
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/206532/a-suggestion-for-the-bbq-problem
Nov 29:
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/209294/bbq-shouldnt-work-on-survivors-in-the-dying-state
Dec 15:
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/213689/bbq-and-chills-minimum-safe-distance-needs-a-nerf-too-easy-to-find-survivors-seconds-after-a-hook
Dec 28:
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/215847/bbq-suggestion/p1
Jan 5:
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/217194/is-bbq-chili-the-biggest-crutch-perk-for-killers
Jan 7:
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/217194/is-bbq-chili-the-biggest-crutch-perk-for-killers
Jan 11:
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/218479/bar-b-que-and-chill-is-it-op/p1
Jan 19:
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/220641/bbq-chili-deerstalker-perk-comparison
And there are a couple recent posts like this one saying it's not OP:
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/220264/actually-nerf-bbq
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/219969/why-bbq-chili-is-not-an-op-perk
I assume that most of the people saying that is is OP have around 100 hours of experience on survivor lol
I agree that it’s not overpowered in general.
but:
it’s way more useful than people that say they are only using it for the BP are giving it credit for.
on low level play it is super powerful. First games I used it I was surprised how easy survivor tracking was with it, because of distance and aura reading time. I know also that people on these forums don’t care at all for low level survivor experience..
the usefulness is correlated to high map mobility. Those killers don’t really need any more help, and low mobility killers don’t have an alternative for the extra 100% BP and have to use a perk with little impact on their actual game. Would be cool if aura reading time and distance could be related to the ability of the killer on how fast they can cross the map..
lol pretty much. Point out the multiple counters, and the response is just "I ain't got time for that, then I'd have to get off the gen!"
...
...
...
-_-
So... you don't want to play the game, basically? 'Cause god forbid the killer be any sort of threat and slow down gens without being in 4 places at once.
Apparently, BHVR should make a gen-repair mode with no killer so survivors can get their zen on.
If my goal was to win (disregarding BP), I'd take tremors over bbq any day of the week for all killers except huntress.
I'm with you. Love that perk.
True, thrilling is such a good perk
There are numerous ways the great perk can be countered by survivor actions which obviously makes it not op. Some people just don't have brains lmao.