Rate my Clown build

I don’t have many perks on Clown atm but this is what I’m running right now:

BBQ and Chili

Pop Goes the Weasel

Dark Devotion

Rancor or Devour Hope

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    run rancor instead of devour

    dark devotion is useless you should find a replacement

    No I’ve gotten a lot of Dark Devotion value. It’s underrated and is also fun to use.

  • How experienced are you with all killers/M1 killers?

  • @Hex_Salt said:

    How experienced are you with all killers/M1 killers?

    I’ve been playing DBD since June of last year. Why you asking?

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908039#Comment_1908039

    I’ve been playing DBD since June of last year. Why you asking?

    Could determine what perks be recommended. For example for clown STBFL is sensational but for someone new not getting many hits learning anti-looping is more important so perks like brutal etc would be more suitable.

    To answer you're question, I'm not sure about rancor only because clown hasn't got best mobility and can't always capitalise on it plus you're also showing a survivor (and all at the end) your aura - but that's just my opinion. Devour is interesting, do you have something to pair it with? Haunted maybe? For a player of your level I strongly suggest STBFL

  • That build doesn't help you learn Clown properly.

    I'd say use: Shadowborn, Surge, BBQ/Thrilling Tremors and Whisper/Discordance.

    These will help you constantly apply rotational pressure properly, waste as minimal time as possible and will also help you notice Survivor peel away from tiles more easily on your initial approach which helps you learnt where to throw bottles and not waste them as much too.

  • @Hex_Salt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908046#Comment_1908046

    Could determine what perks be recommended. For example for clown STBFL is sensational but for someone new not getting many hits learning anti-looping is more important so perks like brutal etc would be more suitable.

    To answer you're question, I'm not sure about rancor only because clown hasn't got best mobility and can't always capitalise on it plus you're also showing a survivor (and all at the end) your aura - but that's just my opinion. Devour is interesting, do you have something to pair it with? Haunted maybe? For a player of your level I strongly suggest STBFL

    Those are good suggestions, but as I said, I don’t have many perks unlocked on Clown yet. I think I have him level 40 and the bloodweb keeps giving me trash perks like Mindbreaker and Monstrous Shrine. So this is the best build I can use out of the perks I have.

  • @Onyx_Blue said:

    That build doesn't help you learn Clown properly.

    I'd say use: Shadowborn, Surge, BBQ/Thrilling Tremors and Whisper/Discordance.

    These will help you constantly apply rotational pressure properly, waste as minimal time as possible and will also help you notice Survivor peel away from tiles more easily on your initial approach which helps you learnt where to throw bottles and not waste them as much too.

    Sadly I don’t have any of those perks except BBQ but I’ll keep leveling him.

  • Yeah, until your killers are rank 50 and you get 4 perk options each time, its rough getting the needed perks

  • @Exerath1992 said:

    Yeah, until your killers are rank 50 and you get 4 perk options each time, its rough getting the needed perks

    I am having fun using Dark Devotion but there definitely are better options that I don’t have atm.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908059#Comment_1908059

    Sadly I don’t have any of those perks except BBQ but I’ll keep leveling him.

    Do you have the perks I mentioned unlocked? Note, if unique perks aren't unlocked then they won't appear on future bloodwebs.

  • @GannTM said:

    I don’t have many perks on Clown atm but this is what I’m running right now:

    BBQ and Chili

    Pop Goes the Weasel

    Dark Devotion

    Rancor or Devour Hope

    Keep bbq and pop if you can get save the best for last and either surge or discordance

  • @Onyx_Blue said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908063#Comment_1908063

    Do you have the perks I mentioned unlocked? Note, if unique perks aren't unlocked then they won't appear on future bloodwebs.

    I have all those teachables except for Discordance, but just not on Clown yet.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908092#Comment_1908092

    I have all those teachables except for Discordance, but just not on Clown yet.

    Ah ok :) you'll really enjoy playing Clown when you realise how devasting he is when Survivors struggle hard to juke and ghost you and find it hard to keep tiles safe/linked for more than 8 seconds lol

  • Sounds like a pretty fun one!

    I always respect when people make their own builds instead of using only the top meta ones, feel like it keeps the game more fun and exciting.

    I have a lot of fun with BBQ, Brutal Strength, STBFL and Surge on Clowno.

  • @Onyx_Blue said:

    That build doesn't help you learn Clown properly.

    I'd say use: Shadowborn, Surge, BBQ/Thrilling Tremors and Whisper/Discordance.

    These will help you constantly apply rotational pressure properly, waste as minimal time as possible and will also help you notice Survivor peel away from tiles more easily on your initial approach which helps you learnt where to throw bottles and not waste them as much too.

    Shadowborn is awful.The only killer you would want to use it on is nurse tbh

  • @ASpazNamedSteve said:

    Sounds like a pretty fun one!

    I always respect when people make their own builds instead of using only the top meta ones, feel like it keeps the game more fun and exciting.

    I have a lot of fun with BBQ, Brutal Strength, STBFL and Surge on Clowno.

    Oh yeah, I’m loving Dark Devotion. I think it’s an underrated perk in terms of how useful it is but man it is fun to use.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908059#Comment_1908059

    Shadowborn is awful.The only killer you would want to use it on is nurse tbh

    But that FoV bro, c'mon 👀

    Only FoV slider in the game.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908059#Comment_1908059

    Shadowborn is awful.The only killer you would want to use it on is nurse tbh

    Shadowborn allows you to see potential early peel aways and thus not waste your bottle or your time by continuing on to the tile/gen. That and Monitor are both good on Clown, but I opt to avoid Monitor, especially when giving advice for first learning him because it provides false analysis on your part as to what you're doing right/wrong with him.

  • I know,but it's like drugs.Once you start using it you can't stop it.

    Wish we could have a FoV slider in the game but i guess it's wishful thinking at this point 😧

  • @Onyx_Blue said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908208#Comment_1908208

    Shadowborn allows you to see potential early peel aways and thus not waste your bottle or your time by continuing on to the tile/gen. That and Monitor are both good on Clown, but I opt to avoid Monitor, especially when giving advice for first learning him because it provides false analysis on your part as to what you're doing right/wrong with him.

    Early peels?

    I feel it's actually better to not use it or else you risk being too reliant on it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    run rancor instead of devour

    dark devotion is useless you should find a replacement

    DD is an incredible mind game perk when used correctly. It can lead to multiple free hits or grabs off of gens.

  • Honestly, don’t stress too much on the build you use. Experiment and mess around with perks on Clown. I personally usually stick to a slugging/anti heal build of Coulrophobia, Sloppy or Sulphuric Acid Vial, Distressing, and either Forced Penance, Deathbound, or Overwhelming Presence.

    It’s far more important to focus on getting better at bottle placement during chases and in the correct spots at loops to either control where a survivor changes direction or get a hit in before they reach a pallet or vault.

  • @GannTM said:

    I don’t have many perks on Clown atm but this is what I’m running right now:

    BBQ and Chili

    Pop Goes the Weasel

    Dark Devotion

    Rancor or Devour Hope

    I don’t like it. Clown has no mobility and doesn’t down people very quickly so against a good team you are more than likely going to get genrushed.

    I always do Corrupt, Pop, Brutal, Monitor.

    Corrupt Pop is just meta on all low mobility killers unless you want ruin undying.

    Brutal is one of clowns best perks since people will pre drop pallets and without addons like bleach or ether you will need to kick almost all of them.

    Monitor I always use since if people are running early vs clown you will spend half your bottles just catching up to them. Monitor gets you into range where the bottle tosses are instead getting you hits or pallets

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908227#Comment_1908227

    Early peels?

    I feel it's actually better to not use it or else you risk being too reliant on it.

    As in early peel aways.

    It's to help learn how survivors that have the intelligence and awareness sneak away and get distance before allowing Clown to get close and initiate a chase. Whether it's seeing them or their scratch marks, it helps grow that awareness. I wouldn't say you depend on it, I haven't used Shadowborn on Clown in a long time, but I can tell you now that it helped a lot.

  • 4/5

    Devour hope is a fun perk to use on him since it gives him lethality (if you can get it to work)

    I would recommend replacing rancor/DH with STBFL if you want. It works great on him since it actually makes him somewhat lethal.

  • @Yords said:

    4/5

    Devour hope is a fun perk to use on him since it gives him lethality (if you can get it to work)

    I would recommend replacing rancor/DH with STBFL if you want. It works great on him since it actually makes him somewhat lethal.

    Not sure why you would randomly slap devour in. Clown doesn’t down people very fast or create much pressure so of all killers it’s most likely to not work on him. And being so weak in the first place I would never want to have to play him an entire perk slot down after devour gets cleansed in the first 30 seconds of the game.

    STBFL isn’t that great on him either. You have no way to save the stacks and clown is weak enough you will have to tunnel people to death through DS sometimes if you are serious about winning.

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908404#Comment_1908404

    Not sure why you would randomly slap devour in. Clown doesn’t down people very fast or create much pressure so of all killers it’s most likely to not work on him. And being so weak in the first place I would never want to have to play him an entire perk slot down after devour gets cleansed in the first 30 seconds of the game.

    STBFL isn’t that great on him either. You have no way to save the stacks and clown is weak enough you will have to tunnel people to death through DS sometimes if you are serious about winning.

    um ok. STBFL is actually great on him and I have played him with it many times to know for sure. Devour as I said is just fun on him and so is dark devotion.

    If STBFL isn't good on him then it isn't good on Wraith either since he has no way of preserving the stacks other than going after other survivors who aren't the obsession.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908412#Comment_1908412

    um ok. STBFL is actually great on him and I have played him with it many times to know for sure. Devour as I said is just fun on him and so is dark devotion.

    If STBFL isn't good on him then it isn't good on Wraith either since he has no way of preserving the stacks other than going after other survivors who aren't the obsession.

    You are right. I never use save the best on any M1 killer. I pretty much exclusively run it on Demo.

    I’m not limiting myself to having to ignore an entire survivor when there’s plenty of other really good and consistent chase perks to run. Lobbies will have 4 DSs and you will eat them randomly sometimes.

    Or maybe you get the cocky survivor who just gets into a locker in your face with DS or has object of obsession. In those cases I’m tunneling them out. I never get any consistent value from the perk. It’s nice when it works but there’s too many games where someone is annoying me or needs to die ASAP and the perk punishes me for doing it.

  • @Yords said:

    4/5

    Devour hope is a fun perk to use on him since it gives him lethality (if you can get it to work)

    I would recommend replacing rancor/DH with STBFL if you want. It works great on him since it actually makes him somewhat lethal.

    I currently haven't gotten the opportunity to get STBFL yet on the bloodweb. When I do, I won't hesitate to get it.

  • It’s on the killer to use LoS blockers, and Spine Chill is easy to deal with by moving towards gens sideways.

    And even if the killer doesn’t get a grab out of it, the Obsessions TR causes chaos and confusion to the other survivors anyway, which still helps the killer.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908461#Comment_1908461

    ok but if there is no LoS blockers or it's too thin like a tree, the common scenario, you're not going to get close to a vigilant survivor. once survivors hear terror radius right next to them but no killer and they see someone's injured they can realize there is dark devotioin in play. or a swf team can just tell each other what's going on.

    Except the reality is in actual practice many survivors fall for it and get terribly confused by it.