Any solo matchmaking tips?
Im a huge fan of the game but unfortunately the passion is fading lol. Matchmaking has been absolute trash and Im tired of facing level 1s with 10+ teammates or players with no items or offerings. Maybe I simply need to find friends to party up with but it sucks that I havent been able to just sign on and play a good game in a while
Comments
It helps if you accept that your teammates are likely going to be bad. Try to focus on your gameplay and how you have fun. Having fun doesn't necessarily have to be winning and being able to differentiate fun and winning will help you enjoy the game more.
Otherwise, I would recommend SWF. If you had a good game with a couple randoms just add them. Even without coms, having reliable players will make your games more fun.
Run kindred, accept you're probably going to die, and hope for the best.
You might be surprised how well it goes. You certainly won't be surprised by how bad it goes.
Solo que is where all the challenging fun is. If teammates are that bad, use builds to capitalize on them. I usually run a savior build as if I was in swf and make bank off of their failures or a stalker build so I can keep eyes on where the killers at and lead/assist the team in avoiding. Doing this has occasionally brought out the best in random teammates.
My only tip is to play SWF instead.
If you want good teammates, queue up as killer.
When you die, don't leave the match, spectate the survivors and you'll surely pick up a lot of techniques.
Thanks I think Ill try to have fun again instead of obsessing over getting to rank 1 le sigh lol
LOL thank you
....*Googles what SWF means*
Find friends to play DBD with. Solo Q is a nightmare.
play out any perk that make you strong how a rock
Hey now just do that 7 more times :D
Focus on yourself, be as risky as possible. Do not be a stealther claudette stereotype. Play boldly. A lot of times you will have really bad teammates, that all run around hooks and all 3 get downed and taken to the basement. In those, be ready for an either de-pip or the killer waiting for you near the basement if you do and try to save them. Always be doing something that will help you team, whether its gens, going to save teammates, etc. Reading situations fast is key, like knowing if your mate is being camped on hook or killer is on a chase, etc.
I'm a rank1 but the matchmaking is busted and you'll have people from all rank levels, so be ready to do a lot of the work or for the match to go badly. It can get frustrating but in the end, you will improve.
Also avoid crutch perks like DS/DH/Self Care/Urban Evasion, you don't need them and you will not only free up slots for actual good perks but you'll also notice you improve a lot faster.
Lastly, avoid SWF. Most people who rely on it are very bad/not good when they're on their own (which is what this game was designed around). Its fun and a good time with friends, but don't play SWF majority of the time. It holds you back from improvement b/c you get used to having teammates you can comm with, that you trust, etc. And thats just not the case in solo que.
I find survivor most fun when I am playing in a duo, which is way easier to put together than a full 4-man SWF. If I'm playing DBD alone, I'm usually playing killer.
I disagree with that. It's a lot easier to do that as killer because killers have powers so they have something to work with. No perk survivor is having absolutely nothing to work with and is putting you at a bigger disadvantage than you already are in Solo Queue.
Also some perks aren't about extending your chase either, but assisting teammates. Like We'll Make It and Borrowed Time
With soloq. It can be hard mode for sure. Some helpful builds that help with me looping
fixated/sprint burst/iron will/windows
this can be fun to use and also let you know when your teammates take all the pallets. The downside to this is no one brings an obsession perks.
thus my backup build is the meta
iron will/dh/ds/ub
I hate using this build but I’m back in red ranks and after a while it makes more sense to use.
my fave build to use regularly is
resilience/spine chill/quick and quiet and lithe
I don't focus on trying to escape anymore I just try my best and focus on doing as much as I can to pip so at least if I die I still pip and it feels like a win.
Here's the best tip I've found: Longer Queue Times = Worse Matchmaking. Play in times where you find matches quickly and you will be more likely to get better teams.
Use kindred
Wow you are all awesome af thanks a lot for the tips!
Here's a tip: Don't. Its not worth the pain.
I started to play killer and it helped. So when you see survivors doing dumb #########, it always works in your favor.
Lmao thank you!
I’m of the belief solos need at least one aura/info perk.
First tip : don't take the game too seriously
You and only you decide what a win is. It's either escaping or making everything so one survivor escape or using a meme build and making it work. I found the game much easier and fun when the winning condition isn't escaping.
but In case of win condition = escape
Second Tip : equip an aura reading perk
You are a solo survivor, it does kinda imply you need to rely on yourself. So even if a survivor is hooked doesn't mean you have to go and take the risk of being hook yourself, sometimes it's better to read the situation and admit you are better working on this gen than saving them in order for YOU to escape. Kindred is good to give you that kind of information but you can also equip Empathy to know where the survivor is getting chased or even Bond to know what your teamates are doing and if they are elading the killer near you.
Third Tip : it's not always good to heal
Depending on the killer or perks you are facing it's not always necessary to heal. You don't have to heal when exposed or the killer is a Legion. So as a backup in case the killer is coming and you are injured you can equip either Sprint Burst to get to safer area or Dead Hard to have a second chance during a chase.
Fourth tip : even if you don't like it equip DS
It's among the strongest perk in the game, and sometimes is your only chance after being farmed on hook by a survivor without Borrowed Time. Not only a chance for you but also the other survivors : as you equip it you'll likely e the obsession so the killer will know there is at least one DS user in the game and will not "tunnel", as he doesn't know if the survivor he just downed has the perk or not thanks to you.
There is no way to improve matchmaking. It's all random.
If it is not good for you stop playing, and don't be one of those lobby dodgers.