Need harsher penalties for DCing.
Every game there is at least 1, and survivors often DC to prevent BBQ stacks just to be toxic. Would really be nice to have a leaver status with leaver lobbies. This game is so team dependent, the fact people can just leave the match over and over and ruin everyone else's games is unacceptable.
If you leave more than one match every week you should be hit with the leaver lobbies. That way the people who actually want to play the game can and people won't be inclined to just leave match when things aren't going their way.
Comments
One a week? That is way too loose of a time frame for people who DC just once. It should be punishment for people who DC more than once (sometimes life happens during the trail, and you are forced to quit mid-trial), probably over the course of an hour, and each infraction against you has a "decay" rate that slows for each time you DC.
Deranking by DCing is actually supported by BHVR.
The biggest fog streamer does that regularly to bully "baby killers"
Killer gets 2,5k for 4 DCs
Survivor gets 5k if killer DCs.
Also how is rewarding the other party supporting DCs?
Make a DC consume a survivor's item. If this is done, then all of the people who DC to save their flashlights will suddenly stop DC'ing.
I think a DC already consumes a killer's add-ons and offerings so they're pretty okay for now anyway.
On PS4 survivors lose all items and stuff brought into the match, LOSE all bloodpoints, the previous 20 minutes of data, and a chance of file corruption. Check mate, that is by far worse than any other thing.
Cant talk about bugs on console, im a PC player
They should do like other competitive games do for dc. Like overwatch if you dc in a competitive match you get a time ban. starts at 10 minutes and increases exponentially for each subsequent dc during that comp season.
Yep. All the way up to an eventual ban for the entire season.
Of course, we're also talking a Blizzard player base size, too. How often does the DC thing happen in DBD, and does Behavior have the player base size to actually punish it like that? If it's a wide-spread issue, probably not.
And yet, its the survivors who want to stick to their Dc behaviour such that they can dodge killers they dont want, avoid tactisc they dont like or just DC when they do a mistake and miss DS and dont wanna lose their clickyclicky.
I am pretty sure basically all killers would be happy if DCing got punished because its them who actually lose the bloodpoints all the time if survivors DC and yet lose all their addons they used
It only became a wide-spread problem because they didnt punish it.
In the beginning of the game, DCs were really rare.
I think you should be banned if you DC 2 times in on day.
You should be banned if you DC'ed 5 times in one week.
Each DC add a 1 point into cancerous state
You play with similar cancerous state
1 point decay every 3 days if you didn't get a point during this time.
Fixed xd
Make intentional chronic DCers start loosing levels.
Like to the point where they loose perks because of it. First time is free, second time 5 levels 3rd time and ever after 10. On Both Account and ALL characters.
Or just really ban them instead of saying "we ban them blablabla" do it...
It's really annoying when devs don't do what they said.
Ban any player who DC's from 30% or more of games. Because if it's legit connection issues it won't amount to almost a third of all games played.
Right now it's like a softban for 80%. Ridiculous.
DC reports are ignored as they already have a system in place to track DCs. This data is gathered and used to do a ban wave on a MONTHLY basis to hit the WORST offenders.
So yes, you are wasting your time reporting those people.
Given the number of survivor disconnects I'm seeing, I'm starting to think stiffer penalties are needed indeed.
I agree, I think more than 3 times every few days would be better. I never DC at all, but I don't have kids or things that require me to Alt+f4. I still stand by having leaver lobbies with longer search times. Let the rage quitters and trolls play with each other and see how they like it.
"NEED PENALTIES FOR DCING"
There I fixed your post title.
Yesterday I killed a 2-swf guys. On the post game chat, one of them paste my ip address. Ok. I create a new match lobby, they both get him. They know it is me. I was already waiting for something. When the game starts, they are both gone and we are left with a 2 survivors match.
Yeah like when they ban you in the chat or in game. The more you have a bad behaviour, the more harsh is the penalty.
Did you have to do 3 gens? If someone leaves before the game starts the gens are balanced.
I was the Killer. But the gens were balanced. We ended up farming the game.
If they don't load into the game they aren't apart of it so they don't get the penalty, game already adjusts the gens when someone doesn't make it into the game.
How did they get your IP?
I believe you can see them in the task manager since the game makes P2P connections.
I was playing survivor today, killers disconnected 4 times in a row while in match.
I don't pip usually then.
I had a match today where I had one of the last 2 of a swf on the ground while chasing the other. The runner dodged me long enough for the dying to get to the hatch and dc'd. Giving the downed the hatch.
DC's are a big problem on their own. When combined with other imbalanced mechanics of the game it's just another tool for players to "win" especially if they keep everything they've gotten during the match...
yes. SWF will DC if needed. It is happening pretty oftenly
I mean some of their "fog whisperers" intentionally DC from matches on a regular basis so I'm pretty sure they aren't going to do anything about it.