We're gonna Live forever & Barbecue and Chilli
So why does Barbecue & Chilli gives you 100% more bloodpoints AND it reveals the aura of survivors. I mean I love using this perk, but We're gonna live forever also gives you 100% bloodpoints but there's no other "special effect". Also, perks are meant to help you ingame, but this perk only takes effect after game, which seems pointless for me
What do you think about it? I personally think that WGLF should get a new cool "extra"
Comments
I always thought that too, seemed a bit off to me.
I certainly wouldn't mind a little something extra being added onto WGLF.
I dont think it needs changes . 8-)
or maybe no one left behind should get a different effect? Maybe?
Because killers cannot afford a dead perk slot in their kit, while survivors can.
You could imagine something extra for WGLF for sure tho, but what would you get exactly ?
Dunno maybe something like, "After unhooking a survivor the aura of the killer is revealed for 2 seconds" or something like this
Would be definitely wrong for a simple reason :
Showing the killer's aura to survivors is a HUGE way to reduce the scare factor, that is already super low in most rounds (sadly).
It's understandable on Kindred since it's situational and mostly against camping, so acceptable tho.
^ Also this.
No One Left Behind is garbage, not a good comparison
Ik but adding a perk to a game which only takes effect at the end of the game sounds stupid to me. And scare factor? I think everybody can agree, but the scare factor of Horror games constanly go down the more time you play the game.
But I think that WGLF shouldn't be changed.
Its already an awesome perk tbh ::chuffed:
And you can also tell that being able to know where the killer is gonna come from/where he is at, is actually a huge way to make it even less scary tho.
That's actually one of the reason that makes SWF to be way less scary and way more efficient.
And I agree, a perk for the sole reason to farm is actually very stupid.
WGLF and BBQ should both be passives (for the BP aspect) and people should be able to pick perks for their interesting mecanics, not for the sake of grinding.
I actually posted a few reworks about that, including giving more points to gen repairs too, and such, to balance things out.
@MyFreddyIsBae Aside from the fact that it can encourage farming teammates and acts as an empty perk slot otherwise.
The emblemb system punishes ppl who farm teammates
I didn't read them yet, but It was just an quick example for an "extra". I'm not sure what to add, but its just stupid that this Perk, and perks are made to take effect ingame, takes effect after the game. But we both agree on this point
@Temori said: Since when do people care about the emblems?
If they cared, they wouldn't be running with an empty perk slot.
D A R N
So I can SB in and get the farm before them hehehe
@theagitatedapricot
Pirate is (no space, I only put it so it doesn’t turn into a pirate lol) : pirate :
@Jack11803 Oohh ok. I'm on mobile and I hit the guy with his tongue sticking out and it turned into the pirate somehow. :ohnoes:
I’m on Mobile too, I just quoted your comment, and looked at it in HTML form
After you unhook someone the survivors that are 24/34/50 m close are revealed for 4 seconds
BBQ got it's bloodpoint buff after WGLF got introduced and the survivor queue times for survivor skyrocketed, because so many player switched from killer to survivor to farm bloodpoints.
It basically became a SURVIVOR ISSUE, to fix the queue times by giving the killer a similar perk and nerfing WGLF.
The Devs just decided to pick BBQ for that, because it already had a weak bloodpoint buff that wasn't that good to begin with and so they buffed it up with a further incentetiv to NOT "tunnel".
So BBQ solves 3 SURVIVOR issues: better queue times, less camping, less tunneling.
Still survivor dare to complain about BBQ being to pwoerful.
And survivor already have the better and more powerful perks and still they try to get more.
survivorlogic
Exactly~
I said I like using BBQ & Chilli and I play both sides Killer and Survivor. Im not complaining that BBQ and Chilli is too op, I'm complaining that WGLF is a perk that only takes effect at the end. Adding some cool extra, and idk what extra, would be great.
And I think it is stupid to say that survivors can have a "empty perk slot" because they already got "op" perks. Because the point of perks is that you get benefits ingame, and not only at the endscreen.
And I think everybody can agree - there are a lot of perks in Dead by Daylight that are completly trash and nobody is using them - for survivors & killers.
Survivor do get an ingame effect from WGLF: better equipment.
If they wouldn't farm more points with WGLF, their quality and amount of add ons and items would become less and less.
But they can run more stuff, because of the extra BPs.
And they trade this with an "empty perkslot".
And yes, survivor are so op, they can get away with an "empty perkslot".
Sorry but I disagree. Yes, survivors are op. I think we all know the loop problem. But killers do benefit from the extra Blood Points as well with add ons and offerings like, e.g. mori.
Because you can gain tokens for WGLF in 2 ways, and for BBQ only in one way. Alsogaining stacks for WGLF is way easier, than for BBQ.
I genuinely disagree.
BBQ & Chili:
Each time a Survivor is hooked for the first time, gain a 15/20/25 % stackable Bonus to all Bloodpoint gains.
WGLF:
Each time you rescue or take a hit to protect a Survivor, gain 25 % stackable bonus to all Bloodpoint gains up to a maximum of 50/75/100 %.
Means that to get the BP multiplier maxed on BBQ, you need to find 4 different survivors, chase them, down them and hook them. That is a lot of conditions for a perk, it is considered harder to get than a block-hit or a rescue, which can happen during any carry or any hook phase. As for the reveal part, it is an incentive to go and chase different survivors.
Ok, I agree that it's harder to get Stacks @ BBQ & Chilli but I remain at my opinion that perks that only take effect at the endscreen are kind of inapt
Yea WGLF encourages & rewards negative gameplay like you said e.g. farming.
Simple but quick answer. It’s not, it’s harder, I play killer to rank 1, survivor as well, survives with comms/loops are op, yes, but that shouldn’t dictate basic equality of perks that are on both sides followed in the past.
Gotta +1 this. The farm was insane when killers switched to survivor because of a so easily farmed perk that doesn't take as much as BBQ. BBQ You gotta find, successfully win a chase, AND manage to hook them. You can earn a stack from WGLF by simply taking a hit from a carried survivor... Easy.
BBQ isn't even that strong of a perk even for Billy. It's so easily counterable by fooling the killer of direction/location. Like, the amount of times I act like I dont think they have BBQ and hide in a locker, and watch them check it after I leave quite literally 2 seconds after entering it makes me laugh. With the lowkey nerf they added to it being able to hide behind a gen too, loool.
The requirements for bonus BP just need to be made standard for everyone and the perks changed into something else.
It already has a cool extra feature! You get stacks from unhooking the same person + you get stacks if you get hit while being close to a injured survivor.
BBQ has the aura reveal to give the killer a new target (reduce camping) + it only gives 1 stack per survivor. No matter how often he hooks them.
oh boi, here we go again.
Hooking survivors is not risky? Are you kidding me? It´s way harder to get 4 stacks on BBQ than getting 4 stacks on WGLF.
Remember, the devs had to nerf WGLF because people abused it and made it impossible to play. They rushed to the hook and unhooked in front of the killer. You want that back?
Yea something like this sounds nice.
I remember the time, 200% BP was insane. But I have to disagree, e.g. when I play the nurse it's kind of easy to get 4 stacks. I mean u see the aura of the people and than you can easily go for them. When you play good ( kill everybody - you get all stacks. But when you play good as a survivor you don't necessarily get all stacks because you can't unhook everybody. When a survivor gets hooked other survivors are often closer to the hook so they unhook them & not you. Even with the emblembs, I don't get enough points on the Benevolent emblem becuz I'm not fast enough.
Not every killer has the map presence of a Nurse. You also know that the Nurse has the steepest learning curve of all killers.
BBQ does everything to incentivize killers to leave the hook. WGLF does everything to incentivize farming the teammates. I never had problems getting iridiscent benevolent. Easiest points ever.
2. I did not say to buff the point gain of WGLF.
How about if WGLF gets a buff then NOED gets a buff in the sense that if you get downed after the gates are powered = you getting mori'd without the offering.. how does that sound?
Edit: Forgot to mention that I am trying to compare something to DS.. which is absolutely bonkers broken and NOED being that strong is an equivalent to that power level.
Ik, that's why I'm playing nurse (btw hopefully does the patch make the other killers useful in r1 again). Maybe its just the way I play. But I also don't have that big problems with other killers. But I can't deny that its way easier with nurse.
I think every killer should be balanced like Billy.
Nurse has still some map spots where she can´t teleport through, and knee high cars are obstacles for the Huntress.
But Billy is in the right spot.
I like to play killers without perks and add-ons. To evaluate if they are good or not. Sadly, only 3 killers perform well without add-ons. Other killers are way to depending on certain add-ons or perk combinations. Which makes them weak in comparison with Billy, Nurse or Huntress. This is also the reason, why those are the main killers on high ranks.
Trapper for example is to slow. He can´t set up enough traps before 3 or 4 gens are done. At least not on high ranks. Now adding the pressure of hooking everyone once and the match is over before he got a kill.
Devs have been asked this and they didn't care. Yes, because it's so fair that BBQ&C gets two bonuses while WGLF only gets one.