Comments

  • If you have a map equipped then sure. But no not another feature to make it easier for survivors plz

  • @JPA said:

    If you have a map equipped then sure. But no not another feature to make it easier for survivors plz

    What do you mean? It could be useful for newer and inexperienced players, but oh well, this community seems to be against inexperienced players as always.

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1898105#Comment_1898105

    What do you mean? It could be useful for newer and inexperienced players, but oh well, this community seems to be against inexperienced players as always.

    Sure but when things are designed around casual play it can break the balance at medium or high level play.

    At the moment one of the most important skills for a survivor is using the map to loop and waste the killers time, and avoid deadzones etc. It just seems to me like adding a mini-map will make that easier (assuming the map shows the details of each loop, window, used pallet etc.) and a survivor then basically does not have to think about the random map generation, they can just fully focus on efficiently performing the loop and don't even have to remember where loops are in relations to the other structures, as they can use the map.

    Given playing survivor atm is already well known to be less stressful than Killer, I don't think it's worth discussing features to further reduce the mental burden of a survivor.

    But anyway in general I don't like this idea, if the mini map shows locations of teammates then it renders many aura perks useless. Same with generators, etc.

  • @JPA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1898109#Comment_1898109

    Sure but when things are designed around casual play it can break the balance at medium or high level play.

    At the moment one of the most important skills for a survivor is using the map to loop and waste the killers time, and avoid deadzones etc. It just seems to me like adding a mini-map will make that easier (assuming the map shows the details of each loop, window, used pallet etc.) and a survivor then basically does not have to think about the random map generation, they can just fully focus on efficiently performing the loop and don't even have to remember where loops are in relations to the other structures, as they can use the map.

    Given playing survivor atm is already well known to be less stressful than Killer, I don't think it's worth discussing features to further reduce the mental burden of a survivor.

    But anyway in general I don't like this idea, if the mini map shows locations of teammates then it renders many aura perks useless. Same with generators, etc.

    First I want to say that you wouldn't be able to see survivors auras or images of the survivors on the minimap and since the maps are big, you wouldn't really see that well where there are loops and tiles, so that wouldn't really be a problem.

    Also, how would it reduce the mental burden of survivors? The minimap would just let you know where you are on the map. It would be a QOL improvement that won't affect the balance of the game.

  • That's too much information to be giving players in the game. Also don't need additional things added to block screen even more with new HUD they're already planning.

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    Would you like to have a minimap? I am mostly thinking about survivors getting one, but I guess it would be fine if the killer would also.

    I'm against it personally. As long as you don't fall asleep on a gen you can use your eyes and ears to hear a killer coming.

    As for seeing your teammates this would be a qol buff for solo Q players like me. But seeing someone move on the map likely won't help you tell if they're being chased like Bond Or AfterCare does.

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1898125#Comment_1898125

    First I want to say that you wouldn't be able to see survivors auras or images of the survivors on the minimap and since the maps are big, you wouldn't really see that well where there are loops and tiles, so that wouldn't really be a problem.

    Also, how would it reduce the mental burden of survivors? The minimap would just let you know where you are on the map. It would be a QOL improvement that won't affect the balance of the game.

    If the map doesn't even show enough detail to view the tiles and loops then it sounds like it has little to no use and would waste screen space.

  • @ImHexyAndINoed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/221906/minimap-in-dbd-what-do-you-think

    I'm against it personally. As long as you don't fall asleep on a gen you can use your eyes and ears to hear a killer coming.

    As for seeing your teammates this would be a qol buff for solo Q players like me. But seeing someone move on the map likely won't help you tell if they're being chased like Bond Or AfterCare does.

    Seriously read what I just wrote, "I want to say that you wouldn't be able to see survivors auras or images of the survivors on the minimap". Also, when did I say that you would be able to see the killer on the minimap? That would insanely OP and game breaking.

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1898133#Comment_1898133

    Seriously read what I just wrote, "I want to say that you wouldn't be able to see survivors auras or images of the survivors on the minimap". Also, when did I say that you would be able to see the killer on the minimap? That would insanely OP and game breaking.

    Oops I missed that, my mistake.


    But yeah I'll still stick with auras and not a minima thanks

  • FINE I tried something and failed, please lock the thread, cause this ain't benefiting anyone. @MandyTalk

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1898105#Comment_1898105

    What do you mean? It could be useful for newer and inexperienced players, but oh well, this community seems to be against inexperienced players as always.

    Inexperienced players gain experience by playing the game like everybody else, going through the trials like everybody else, learning and adapting and becoming aware, like everyone else. Hand holding new players at every single opportunity doesn't make them better players over time, it makes them worse....

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    FINE I tried something and failed, please lock the thread, cause this ain't benefiting anyone. @MandyTalk

    Struck a nerve huh?

  • The map tiles are randomly generated each time in part to force survivors to have to explore the map. The map layout is meant to be an unknown variable for both survivors and killers. Both sides have to sacrifice a perk slot (Windows of Opportunity/Deja Vu/Zanshin Tactics) to get a bit of extra help with map knowledge.

    Some maps are less random than others, but having a minimap on some maps and not others would be inconsistent and throw players off.

  • No, it would feel out of place and wouldn't fit this game.

    what would it show just gen locations? gens are only hard to find on indoor maps and we have perks meant to find gens.

    Also one of the advantages killers have is the survivors lack of map information, if survivors knew all gen locations without a perk it would result in survivors being even more optimal in splitting gens and that isn't what the game needs.

    Lastly if it doesn't show gens then there is no point to having it as it won't show anything else, the only thing it could show would be vaults and pallets and that is another thing we don't need survivors knowing without a perk.

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1898105#Comment_1898105

    What do you mean? It could be useful for newer and inexperienced players, but oh well, this community seems to be against inexperienced players as always.

    there are perks they can use to help them get used to this game, actually a lot of perks are specifically meant to help new players like visionary and window of opportunity (can be used by good players but you should know pallet and vault locations).

  • What was the point of saying that? I'm obviously pissed, why do you feel the need to make somebody more pissed than they already are? And it's not you guys that I'm mad at. I'm pissed at something in real life.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1898109#Comment_1898109

    there are perks they can use to help them get used to this game, actually a lot of perks are specifically meant to help new players like visionary and window of opportunity (can be used by good players but you should know pallet and vault locations).

    Why are you seriously still replying to a thread named delete?

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1898170#Comment_1898170

    Why are you seriously still replying to a thread named delete?

    I posted before you updated the thread

    and without users refreshing this before your changes it doesn't update your title for us.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    No. This is not an FPS shooter. Navigation is a primary skill and something that should be learned. If you need help use Windows of Opportunity.

    shoot me

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1898153#Comment_1898153

    What was the point of saying that? I'm obviously pissed, why do you feel the need to make somebody more pissed than they already are? And it's not you guys that I'm mad at. I'm pissed at something in real life.

    Hope everything's good man, maybe take a computer break and walk somewhere maybe.

  • @JPA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1898171#Comment_1898171

    Hope everything's good man, maybe take a computer break and walk somewhere maybe.

    Thanks man

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1898153#Comment_1898153

    What was the point of saying that? I'm obviously pissed, why do you feel the need to make somebody more pissed than they already are? And it's not you guys that I'm mad at. I'm pissed at something in real life.

    Well I'm sorry you're going through what you're going through. And I know I've known you a whole 9minutes but I hope things get better for you.


    But the reason I poked the bear so to say was because your original comment came off as aggressive. And when nobody agreed with you, you didn't decide to go back to the drawing board with your idea. But decided to try and close the discussion in damage control. I think because of your personal issues you were looking for a positive response as a sort of coping mechanism. But got even more upset when afew people said the idea just wouldn't work.


    Now that I see this is likely the case I apologies and hope it gets better. But if I'm wrong again, then grow up

  • @ImHexyAndINoed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1898171#Comment_1898171

    Well I'm sorry you're going through what you're going through. And I know I've known you a whole 9minutes but I hope things get better for you.

    But the reason I poked the bear so to say was because your original comment came off as aggressive. And when nobody agreed with you, you didn't decide to go back to the drawing board with your idea. But decided to try and close the discussion in damage control. I think because of your personal issues you were looking for a positive response as a sort of coping mechanism. But got even more upset when afew people said the idea just wouldn't work.

    Now that I see this is likely the case I apologies and hope it gets better. But if I'm wrong again, then grow up

    You were correct. I took my anger out on you guys, sorry about that.

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1898198#Comment_1898198

    You were correct. I took my anger out on you guys, sorry about that.

    It's all good bro, keep bringing those ideas though, the community could do with some interesting discussions other than nerf DS/nerf keys

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1898198#Comment_1898198

    You were correct. I took my anger out on you guys, sorry about that.

    You're forgiven. And I hope you can forgive me in return. It was a [BAD WORD] move to poke at you.


    I'm not sure what you're currently going through, and I know the forums aren't the place to go about it. but if you need anyone to talk to i offer my assistance, the DBD community is like a family and we should have eachother backs. Even if what's usually on our backs is eachother haha

  • @JPA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1898201#Comment_1898201

    It's all good bro, keep bringing those ideas though, the community could do with some interesting discussions other than nerf DS/nerf keys

    I second this^ any discussions besides DS/Moris/Keys are a breath of fresh air. And many people in the community have great ideas!

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    DELETE

    I hate when people just delete the content from their discussions, at least there are heroes that click the "Quote" button before commenting.

  • @ImHexyAndINoed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1898201#Comment_1898201

    You're forgiven. And I hope you can forgive me in return. It was a [BAD WORD] move to poke at you.

    I'm not sure what you're currently going through, and I know the forums aren't the place to go about it. but if you need anyone to talk to i offer my assistance, the DBD community is like a family and we should have eachother backs. Even if what's usually on our backs is eachother haha

    Thank you, I forgive you as well. I really appreciate the offer. However, I feel the best way for me to handle anger and sadness is with myself. I am not good at expressing myself and dealing with emotions. I am not really comfortable to talk with other people about my issues and feelings. I appreciate you doe, a really nice thing of you to say!

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1898207#Comment_1898207

    Thank you, I forgive you as well. I really appreciate the offer. However, I feel the best way for me to handle anger and sadness is with myself. I am not good at expressing myself and dealing with emotions. I am not really comfortable to talk with other people about my issues and feelings. I appreciate you doe, a really nice thing of you to say!

    Thank you ๐Ÿ˜ and I understand, I hope you can find peace and get through your problems. My thoughts are going your way brother. All the best:)