New Status Effects?

Anyone come up with some ideas?

Comments

  • I don't know if this would be considered a status effect, but what if survivors had something along the lines of a "scared meter"?

    If you've ever played Friday The 13th you'd know that whenever Jason was nearby, your screen would get darker and your HUD would slowly disappear. I feel like this would make DBD a lot more scarier and somewhat harder if that happened whenever the killer was very close to you.

  • I still want a drunk vision status effect as an add on for pig helmets.

  • @Karao_Ke said:

    I don't know if this would be considered a status effect, but what if survivors had something along the lines of a "scared meter"?

    If you've ever played Friday The 13th you'd know that whenever Jason was nearby, your screen would get darker and your HUD would slowly disappear. I feel like this would make DBD a lot more scarier and somewhat harder if that happened whenever the killer was very close to you.

    Yeah that would be cool.

  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    I still want a drunk vision status effect as an add on for pig helmets.

    Specify "drunk" Status effect

  • @Karao_Ke said:

    I don't know if this would be considered a status effect, but what if survivors had something along the lines of a "scared meter"?

    If you've ever played Friday The 13th you'd know that whenever Jason was nearby, your screen would get darker and your HUD would slowly disappear. I feel like this would make DBD a lot more scarier and somewhat harder if that happened whenever the killer was very close to you.

    It would just make the game more annoying.

  • We have blindness I think we should also have deaf. Oblivious while you can't hear terror radius you can hear other sounds. If survivors were made deaf for period of time similar to the ways blindness is inflicted it could make for some interesting game play.

  • Can I ask why? DBD isn't scary anymore to people who've played over 5 matches & I figured adding something like this would atleast add to the mystery factor.

    It doesn't have to stay dark while you're in a chase, as soon as you get hit the screen can turn back to normal.

  • @bm33 said:

    We have blindness I think we should also have deaf. Oblivious while you can't hear terror radius you can hear other sounds. If survivors were made deaf for period of time similar to the ways blindness is inflicted it could make for some interesting game play.

    I agree, though I will say Bubba's perk Knock Out deafens your hearing by a lot.

  • @Karao_Ke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1897873#Comment_1897873

    I agree, though I will say Bubba's perk Knock Out deafens your hearing by a lot.

    It does but you're on the ground anyway so not like it's really doing much. Being deaf in a chase though would make it harder to tell where stealth killer is when you can't hear foot steps/breathing or when killer is about to use power. When not in chase not hearing sound of hex totem crackling nearby, skill check notification, or someone being chased nearby.

  • @Karao_Ke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1897866#Comment_1897866

    Can I ask why? DBD isn't scary anymore to people who've played over 5 matches & I figured adding something like this would atleast add to the mystery factor.

    It doesn't have to stay dark while you're in a chase, as soon as you get hit the screen can turn back to normal.

    And it's not gonna be scary no matter what. It's the normal trajectory of every fear-inducing stimulus. Once you've been exposed to it repeatedly, you just won't be affected so much anymore, because you know what to expect.

    Making your screen darker and more difficult to see is just gonna turn into nuisance because it takes away from your input to the gameplay. You're not gonna be scared, because you'll learn you'll simply go down because you can't see #########.

    Scare might be one of the factors that attracts players to DbD, but it's not the reason they stick around for hundreds or even thousands of hours. And that's simply because it's impossible to scare them for that long, no matter the changes to the game.

  • @Karao_Ke said:

    I don't know if this would be considered a status effect, but what if survivors had something along the lines of a "scared meter"?

    If you've ever played Friday The 13th you'd know that whenever Jason was nearby, your screen would get darker and your HUD would slowly disappear. I feel like this would make DBD a lot more scarier and somewhat harder if that happened whenever the killer was very close to you.

    No...

  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    I still want a drunk vision status effect as an add on for pig helmets.

    Interesting an Intoxicated effect. Maybe sway like a killer dealing with Boil Over, vision blurs in and out, bright lights make it worse, and skill checks oh Entity save you if you're trying to hit skill checks...

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1897878#Comment_1897878

    And it's not gonna be scary no matter what. It's the normal trajectory of every fear-inducing stimulus. Once you've been exposed to it repeatedly, you just won't be affected so much anymore, because you know what to expect.

    Making your screen darker and more difficult to see is just gonna turn into nuisance because it takes away from your input to the gameplay. You're not gonna be scared, because you'll learn you'll simply go down because you can't see #########.

    Scare might be one of the factors that attracts players to DbD, but it's not the reason they stick around for hundreds or even thousands of hours. And that's simply because it's impossible to scare them for that long, no matter the changes to the game.

    That's.. kinda my point, to make the game a bit harder. I dunno, I still get scared when I see it in Friday The 13th, but maybe that's just me.

    Anyway, I understand where you're coming from, I guess I just wish DBD was scarier like it used to be lol.

  • Deafness status effect=while effected by it you hear no sounds you don’t hear the terror radius you don’t hear the generator sound you don’t hear killer and survivors sound(footsteps, killers power being used).

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1897886#Comment_1897886

    It does but you're on the ground anyway so not like it's really doing much. Being deaf in a chase though would make it harder to tell where stealth killer is when you can't hear foot steps/breathing or when killer is about to use power. When not in chase not hearing sound of hex totem crackling nearby, skill check notification, or someone being chased nearby.

    Hag deaf boy's ear add on

  • Sure heres one

    Deafened survivor debuff

    survivors can't hear killer noises except for their terror radius

    Aka

    no more trapper breathing

    no more chase music when entering a chase (good for stealth killers)

    no more hillbilly roar / chainsaw sounds

    no more blight screeching and bumping sounds

    everything becomes a lot more terrifying

    two perks to go with it

    Hex: Deafening Silence

    when you hook a survivor a dull totem on the map becomes a hex totem and they gain the deafened status effect

    whenever you hook another survivor they also become deafed up to the last 2/3/4 hooked survivors

    when this totem is cleansed lose all stacks

    Silent Death

    whenever you injure the obsession all survivors become deafened for 40/50/60 seconds

    this effect has a 40/50/60 second cooldown (same timer as make your choice where it countdown while active and can't be activated again to reset duration while active)

  • Loved the idea somebody had here to turn hemmorage into the ruin of healing.

    So that if you stop healing you lose your progress on the heal.

  • Does the Deafness wear off after the totem is cleansed?


    @bjorksnas said:

    Sure heres one

    Deafened survivor debuff

    survivors can't hear killer noises except for their terror radius

    Aka

    no more trapper breathing

    no more chase music when entering a chase (good for stealth killers)

    no more hillbilly roar / chainsaw sounds

    no more blight screeching and bumping sounds

    everything becomes a lot more terrifying

    two perks to go with it

    Hex: Deafening Silence

    when you hook a survivor a dull totem on the map becomes a hex totem and they gain the deafened status effect

    whenever you hook another survivor they also become deafed up to the last 2/3/4 hooked survivors

    when this totem is cleansed lose all stacks

    Silent Death

    whenever you injure the obsession all survivors become deafened for 40/50/60 seconds

    this effect has a 40/50/60 second cooldown (same timer as make your choice where it countdown while active and can't be activated again to reset duration while active)

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1897859#Comment_1897859

    Interesting an Intoxicated effect. Maybe sway like a killer dealing with Boil Over, vision blurs in and out, bright lights make it worse, and skill checks oh Entity save you if you're trying to hit skill checks...

    This is cool but also would have to be a no from me. I already suffer from some pretty bad headaches and nausea when doing... Basically anything, and it makes Oni, Blight, and Billy completely off limits, with Nurse taking ages to get used to.

    Survivor thankfully I've gotten used to, and it's mostly gone now. This status effect would bring it all back tenfold and I may have to genuinely quit the game over it, depending on how commonly used it is, because I could not deal with this.

    After the recent debacle around colourblind settings let's not remove mroe of the playerbase.

  • yes however a new totem will become a hex totem the next time a survivor is hooked if there is still a dull totem remaining on the map

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1898076#Comment_1898076

    yes however a new totem will become a hex totem the next time a survivor is hooked if there is still a dull totem remaining on the map

    I like that simply because it encourages survivors to do totems. 😂

  • Something similar to the visual effect that happens when you walk through one of clowns bottles. Screen warping, sound distortions etc.

  • What about a status effect that adds strafing to the survivors' running, kinda like what killers get when carrying a survivor? That could make for a strong status, but still counterable with some skill.

  • impeded: prevents survivors from running or makes them barely faster than walking when running, getting injured/hit removes this status effect.

    I had an idea for cruel limits that basically went like this

    Cruel limits: when a generator is completed all vault locations within 16/20/24 meters become blocked for 30/60/90 seconds or until another generator is completed. Any survivor within 8 meters of a generator being completed will be effected by the impeded status effect for 3 seconds.

  • Cleansed/Purified - For some reason, this player has lost nearly all of their connection to the entity. This character may no longer be perceived or perceive information through paranormal means. This is primarily a survivor status effect.

    Effect:

    This character can no longer see auras or have their aura read.

    This character can no longer hear supernatural audio cues, and will not produce supernatural audio cues. (This includes the terror radius)

    Examples: no plague fountain aura's, no plague activation noise, no Michael noises.

    Personally I'd like to be able to use this as a survivor perk to up the spook factor.

  • New Status Effect Ideas:

    -Terrified

    Survivors run 5% faster

    Survivors repair generators 50% slower

    Survivors start the trial Terrified. The status effect lasts 60 seconds. Every time a survivor is unhooked, they receive the Terrified Status effect.

    Purpose: This slows the generators down, and gives killers a chance to get a good start. In exchange, survivors move faster during this time, making them harder to catch. It also makes Tunneling a less viable strategy.

    -Feeble

    Survivors become Feeble upon either using Decisive Strike OR upon picking themselves up with Unbreakable. Survivors suffering from the Feeble Status cannot use DS or Unbreakable. The status effect lasts the duration of the trial.

    Purpose: Limit second chance perks synergy a little.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    impeded: prevents survivors from running or makes them barely faster than walking when running, getting injured/hit removes this status effect.

    I had an idea for cruel limits that basically went like this

    Cruel limits: when a generator is completed all vault locations within 16/20/24 meters become blocked for 30/60/90 seconds or until another generator is completed. Any survivor within 8 meters of a generator being completed will be effected by the impeded status effect for 3 seconds.

    I like this.