Still waiting for that Spirit fix
Seriously there's no add-ons that causes her to silently phase walk they need to fix this because i don't hear that wind sound that's "supposed to tell you she's phase walking" they need to fix it and give us a notification she phase walking "Oh well while she's idle she phase walking" here's the thing there's no texture difference I remember when she was phase walking her texture would change I don't see that so Spirit has a major bug they need to fix aka her phase walk not the ability itself but getting notified she is I know I already made a post talking about this but it's seriously getting out of hand
Comments
Are you inside or outside her terror radius?
Sometimes when a spirit is phasing towards me, I can't tell because I literally don't hear anything.
For some genius reason they have it so that if she begins phasing and you're in here terror radius at all, you don't hear it. Its bs and how spirit players, if you can call them that, stand at a down pallet and wait for.you to guess that they're phasing so you can jump across it into their face
Patch 2.3.0 - 16 October 2018
AUDIO ADJUSTMENTS:
The Spirit's phasing audio has been adjusted: Survivors within the Spirit Husk's terror radius will not hear the phasing sound. Survivors outside the Spirit Husk's terror radius can hear the Spirit's phasing sound, but will not be able to determine its direction. Survivors will no longer be able to hear the Spirit's breathing while she is phasing.
It's a lighting glitch. Yes, its there but hard to see in a chase.
She sparkles when she phases
No longer hear her breathing when she's phasing.
WRITE IT DOWN
Did some testing with it a year ago. Idk if the recent map reworks changed anything.
https://youtu.be/alWVI8tnpas
https://youtu.be/H01laTpWLAE
https://youtu.be/Ua2mftMXvNM
I've always found it strange that you can't hear the phase in a chase. It's an obvious compromise and it feels inconsistent design wise.
2nd vid at 0:42, its sparkles, but really subtle.
She's still breathing though.
That sounds like bad survivor play. Never do this. If you are unsure, run to the next loop. Never jump the pallet towards the Spirit.
What I usually do is just start walking away from the loop if I think she's phasing so if she's standing still faking she's forced to deal with the area I'm in and if she phases it's a guessing game on her end where I'm at unless I'm injured or she has stridor and I'm a character like Jeff that breathes loud.
Exactly, I 100% agree. I can't believe people still fall for the standing still spirit. Constantly be sneaking away if you can towards a stronger loop.
I don't do it, i assume they're faking it and haul ass, im only right about half the time so it doesn't really matter
It forces you to abandon the loop and there is not counterplay except not making the worst possible move
Oh, I was wondering what you meant about breathing. They are not talking about the Husk, they are talking about the Spirit that is phasing. If the husk stopped making noise then you would know she was phasing. ๐