Safety pip to easy?
I am not a rank 1 killer but constantly find myself there. I don't like it here, i try to avoid being here. but unless the survivors do gens in 3 minutes or i face a wall and do nothing i get a safety pip.
From what i can see it is a big part of the balance issues in this game. Lumping all survivors and killers into the red ranks from just time played instead of "skill"
Do you think they should remove the safety pip or make it harder to achieve?
Do you think the game would be better or worse without it?
Comments
Time is all that it takes to reach rank 1. There's no defind skill threshold keeping you from it. It's arbitrary based on the overall player base skill level.
At least it would take longer and in some cases be impossible without the safety pip. Ranks would actually have some form of meaning compared to now.
I noticed this I am using a bunch of killers right now and they all just got prestiged so none have amazing perks so I was expecting to drop some ranks but it just aint happening. It's different depending on which killer you are I noticed Legion I can get no kills but rank up and others 4k and safety pip. The whole thing is busted af. I should be ranking down rn I am completely overmatched with all the DS, UB, SB, SP, DH againt my level 15 yellow and green perk killers but it's just not going that way ranking wise.
It's way too easy to safety pip, especially on survivor side.
Safety Pip is too easy to achieve. As a survivor it is way harder to depip than to pip. Unless you dc or afk you will just keep going up the ranks.
Disagree, if you get camped/tunneled or no one saves you, you will depip. As killer is way harder to depip, only way it can actually happen is if all gens get done in less than 3 minutes.
If you are depipping that much from camping or tunneling you are making the mistakes. The amount of times I depip from that are once in a blue moon. People like to make excuses instead of taking responsibility and claim many scenarios that are "camping or tunneling" that really aren't. Even when you are being camped or tunneled many of those situations are manageable if you played it correctly.
I don't have this issue and I'm not even running all the plethora of second chance perks that exist in the game to counter this. If you're running any of these (if this is such an issue for you then you should be) and still finding this an issue it's something you are doing.
This is also assuming worse case scenario of solo queue. If you do even a duo queue this drops significantly.
The minimum safety pip on killer at least requires you to out play a few people. Minimum safety pip on survivor can require zero skill and just sit on a couple gens and get a hook save.
Or if you get a SWF and are playing a Killer you are not that familiar with it's fairly easy to depip in this scenario.
Been playing for 2 months, I've spent probably 6x more time as Killer than Survivor, I got to rank 4 pretty easily as survivor and as a Killer I have to SWEAT to stay at rank 7. (inb4 I suck at Killer)
I sort of agree that the Safety Pip isn't needed so much any more, I remember when it got introduced into the game, and how much harder it was back then to pip.
I think I would like it so that lower ranks (20-15 for example) have the safety pip, but then as you get higher up the ranks then you would lose this...however, it might all become moot with MMR anyway
Considering I am rank 1-2 surv and play only solo that comment surely isnt for me. Also no DS + UNB
Maybe it would still be useful after the new MMR system as it would give more challenge for people striving to get the blood point rewards for the higher ranks? Something to work towards in other words, could be a nice challenge people might enjoy.
It is for you.
I've had no issues like this in solo queue rank 1 for years.
Your experience is one experience in a thousand. Considering 80% of the player base complains about solo Q, I think it means more than your 0.01%
The majority of the player base is pretty bad, that's why.
Someone having more trouble because they're bad doesn't mean there's a problem with the system, it just means that person is bad. It's essentially the same philosophy to why you determine how balanced a game is by looking at the best players, not the new players. The good players using things to their fullest potential shows you what is too strong or too weak when used correctly.
If you go by the bad players they will say something is too weak just because they don't know how to use it properly. Balancing around that doesn't make any sense and causes imbalances at high ranks when used properly, IE what we have now.
If you don't agree with me, you are bad. I think i've read enough.
I think you will change your mind once you play the game more.
Saying I'm bad because I don't have trouble pipping, getting camped, or tunneled literally makes zero sense.
I do need to play the game more when I'm at 4k hours, you're right
I'd find that extremely surprising if you were actually at 4k hours and still think this. I don't think you are though.
Want me to post my steam ID too?
Nah I looked you up manually. From looking at your achieves I think what may be skewing your opinion on this is never playing killer as you've barely touched it during that time.
My achievements mean nothing about what side I play. Everyone who has the minimum knowledge of the game knows getting achievements as killer, specially adept is way more difficult.
Adepts are pretty easy actually.
I'm also not mentioning achieves to represent skill. I'm mentioning it because it illustrates very little killer experience which in turn can create a bias on the subject. Not to mention limiting skill on survivor which could lead to some of the things you're experiencing here today.
Seems like you're talking out of your ass honestly
How so?
Someone playing only one side means they will have a biased experience as well as limiting their skill on the other side. That isn't anything of my opinion, it's just facts.
The issue with MMR is that players themselves want to know their results for whether they're winning or not. Because majority of active players get to rank 1 with various different skill-levels. The ranking system does not give information for how skilled a player is, rather it gives information for how active the player is in that season. Perhaps removing safety pip would better represent skill as it would actually make it possible to lose and it would better reflect for how MMR systems generally work.
Only concern is that the survivor side might need 1-2 less emblem color because as it currently stands, usually speaking, I think half of the survivor team generally black pips even when they escape and half the team pips. Maybe survivor system would be slightly too hard without a black pip?
I don't killer has any issues in term of difficulty for getting their emblems, rather their problem is how the emblems are calculated for 3rd and 4th emblem. Chaser awards hit for every individual hit that a killer wins a chase. If your playing instant down killer, you only need to hit the survivor once but it makes chaser emblem give half the reward per chase. Powers that grant instant down such as Bubba,Billy, Myer etc. would need double the emblem points for chaser to match those of regular killers. Plague needs 1 point for inflicting broken status effect manually on a survivor. The killer system would easily work without a black pip.
I agree that safety pip should go but some modifications would need to be done both sides for it to work properly.
I think its fine the way it is, especially when the matchmaking and ranks are ######### the way they are.