So in which tier the spirit fits?
In my opinion A, cause the long cooldown and chase music while phase walking, but she is pretty mobile and her power help's me to hit a survivor in 90% times. Your opinion?
''Proof'':


In my opinion A, cause the long cooldown and chase music while phase walking, but she is pretty mobile and her power help's me to hit a survivor in 90% times. Your opinion?
''Proof'':


Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
We need them to shut up folks talking about how top tier she is, she's ok atm, nothing more
In "I think we did a pretty good job so far" tier, same as the rest of the killers
your bragging and boasting makes me think that you are lying or just compensating for something.
and the tier is all dependent on what every player thinks, i consider her mid to high tier only due to the fact that her playstyle is so simple and the kind of playstyle im good with
She is low tier, even below Freddy. Her power just doesn't compare to other powers because it's been limited so heavily and she's only viable with add-ons which shouldn't be since the killer should be the power role.
And just because you have a few instances where you hit survivors doesn't mean she's alright xD I've killed 4 people with her as well, since most survivors are still not used to her. That doesn't mean she's strong tho
true about the addon part but thats a decent amount of killers, freddy, wraith, pig, hag, and trapper are good examples of killers that really need their add ons to do very well, although they can do decent without add ons but nearly as well
Who cares? If you have fun playing her, play her. If she's "not good" you won't pip as much and continue playing against survivors who are at that tier skill wise too.
You nailed it. Her power just doesn't come at odds with other powers and depends on add-ons and perks. A killer shouldn't DEPEND on either and be pretty good without. She can't be without them
Yes but like you said it yourself. They can be decent. The Spirit can't do anything without them basically xD
she can do more than a no addon freddy
Highest of low tier in my opinion. Unrewarding, slow, and an unbalanced skill/reward ratio. They nailed everything about this character but fell flat where it mattered - her mechanical effectiveness. Wait two years for a substantial buff I'd say.
If she is using brown add-ons at least
Personally I put them like this:
Spirit is S tier
Billy is B tier
Clown is C tier
Wraith is W tier
Nurse is N tier
Huntress is H tier
Etc, etc, etc...
For us older gamers, is there a secret handshake we need to learn, or a decoder ring we need to get from a cereal box, to understand what the hell that stuff means?
Just keep listening to Little Orphan Anne on the radio to get your mail in code and the decoder ring comes to you!
Just remember to drink your Ovaltine!
It's 2018. We drink Ensure now.
Sorry its so hard to read these dang bottles and their itty-bitty writing.
On a serious note, though: Where can I go and see what these letter-tiers mean? I would like to understand what an "S tier" is, but I have no friggin clue. I see this in Overwatch and HoTS as well, and never really understood where that placed the characters.
Think of it like a test in school. Getting an A is great while getting a F/E is bad. Saying something is "B" tier is like saying they are ok/neutral on the power scale, while saying something is "A" tier means they are good. If you say something is "S" tier then they are extremely good and this is often where people will complain about things being "overpowered".
From best tier to lowest tier:
S
A
B
C
D
E/F
Freddy
That would be the best I could say.
@MegaWaffle That is exactly what I was looking for. The S-tier always threw me off. I didn't realize that was the best. Thanks a bunch.
I was also slow to the punch on seeing what you did in your original tier reply. That was hilarious, by the way.
You can go higher than "S" tier too. Not sure if you've ever played Devil May Cry series but you can get SSS tier.
It all depends on what the community decides is the highest/lowest limit.
@MegaWaffle I saw something about SSS via google. The whole thing seems to be Asian gaming in origin.
Shes below Wraith but over Freddy.
######### yeah
I've always a right 
Spirit is easily a top 5 killer at rank 1 with green or better addons. I have no issues consistently getting 3-4ks against good survivors(good survivors being rare). Without addons she is not really good of course like most killers.
She's a mid tier killer with really strong add ons that fix her problems, legit just try to play her with no add ons and you'll be in for a bad time
Dude, no problem, I can stil easily get 3/4k with her
Second best killer. Without a doubt!
Top Tiers: Nurse, Spirit, Hillbilly, Huntress, Michael.
Finally someone understand her
I was saying that since her launch, she was already powerful, but she kept getting buffed and buffed, she became a monster. Been playing her without addons at Rank 1 while testing new builds, my old one was already pretty good, but now that im testing Ruin, BBQ, Distressing and Whispers i've been getting a lot of Possessions and max deviouness every single match, also 4 kills even against CWFs.
Hillbilly is only good at open large maps or while using addons, if he doesnt use addons he is just as loopeable as Wraith, Spirit is already too good without addons and her addons only makes her even better!
Got called "GOD SPIRIT" twice yesterday, feels good man! :chuffed:
All joking aside, imo u don't even have to be good with the spirit in order to be good. When I started playing spirit maybe a month after her release, I got kills very easy at rank 6 without camping or tunneling
I took her to rank 1 last season without ever using Ruin and usually got 3-4k consistently and going with green adons and above and sometimes just brown and the right map offering. Most people just don't play her right and she takes a lot to master correctly.