Failed To Join The Game
UPDATE : The dev team has decided to trace the issue case by case. Post all the details the dev team needs to resolve the issue. Here's the link :
Since today, I am facing this issue wherein upon finishing a match as a killer or survivor I'm stuck with this circle on the right for a few minutes, and I cannot go back to the main menu or join the game until it disappears on its own, or upon restarting the game. I am facing this issue on PS4. Would like to know if anyone else is facing it, too and whether or not, they know a fix. Thanks. 
DAY 3
It is confirmed that many players are facing this issue now, as more and more affected players are coming out and expressing their concerns. This issue seems to have only affected the PS4 players, since no xbox player has come forward to talk about this issue.
DAY 4
Positive. CM Not_Queen has confirmed that the dev team is very much aware of the situation and, assessing it by trying to reproduce it. If any player who is facing this is issue, is aware of what action could have possibly led to this bug, kindly post it in the comments below. It'll be easier for the dev team to reproduce this bug on their system and get it fixed. Thanks.
DAY 5 :
1. There seems to be a consensus on the timeline of the first instance of the appearance of this issue. It seems to have started after the Shrine update / ritual update / trapper cosmetic store update.
2. This may not be a PS4-specific issue only, since a player @CeeJaylx is experiencing this on xbox, too.
Comments
Add me as another that this is happening to. After every match I can’t go back in for either a long time, or if I go out and ‘test internet connection’ It lets me do it after that.
Thank you for your input. I will surely test it out if that helps. Do you remember any action that you think might have caused this issue for you?
Well, I am not sure, but I can say that this problem started after the shrine update. I did check the shrine before playing my first game, so... it's a possibility that even checking the shrine may lead this? Need to confirm this.
Hi all, I have been having this issue as well since last weekend. I have never had this issue before, so it's new for me. This issue however started around the time I faced a different issue altogether, as around the time (1 minute to go) a new daily ritual is given I was watching the daily ritual screen. When I removed a daily ritual I never received a replacement ritual for it. I had one ritual removed it and then I had zero rituals. The next day I had the failed to join game error. I don't know if one triggered the other, or if it is just poor luck.
I am playing with an ethernet cable setup, I will test wifi connection shortly too and let you know the results
I think you guys may have a point. I haven't had an issue ever since 3 days ago. It might be the Trapper update or possibly the shrine.
It's affecting both Playstation & XBOX One. My nephew and I both witnessed it on our consoles, and come here trying to see if anyone else had the same issue. I'm just seeing this post, which should probably be in "Technical Issues" there's another post addressing this issue there as well.
I guess.
Happening for me too. Timed it: it feels a hell of a lot longer but it’s 1min and 15-20 secs. Way to make it slightly quicker is to go to PS menu, go to Test Internet Connection, run that, after IP address checked you can cancel out and go back to the game. It’ll tell you the connection was lost and then you can get back to the main menus. Probably saves you about 20 seconds but at least you feel proactive....
So I finally tried wifi and it also affects me there, so no difference for me. I do believe that father time is a factor, as short matches don't give the issue. Reinstall did not work for me. I just hope that the next shrine update fixes it (fingers crossed) if they cant reproduce it
I'll follow up with the team with this today.
As I said before, our issue right now is that we can't reproduce the bug and that prevents us from finding the fix.
P.S :
You're awesome @not_Queen
So the situation is still the same, no repro which means we are still at the same point as last week.
Let me see with the team if it would help to inspect some community cases!
1. Not every PS4 player is affected.
2. Timeline of 1st occurance is after the Shrine update last week.
3. Re-installing the game hasn't worked.
4. So far only I have experienced this, that whenever I switch from my LAN to WiFi, the issue disappears. (My LAN and WiFi are different ISPs)
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/23123/failed-to-join-the-game-community-cases/p1?new=1
Please send us specifics on your case here, it will help the team investigate the problem.
@BudTheSlug
@dpds
why did u tag me?
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/23123/failed-to-join-the-game-community-cases/p1?new=1
I don't. I came out of a game once and I think it said there was a save issue so it didnt save my bloodpoints for the previous round and perhaps since then? Otherwise no, I dont know!
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/23123/failed-to-join-the-game-community-cases/p1?new=1
Have the same issue. PS4 Pro. Never happens when host (not me) disconnects.
I'm still facing this issue, have been for some time now its very frustrating since I have to wait multiple minutes to even attempt to join a game ;_;
******Player Cloud ID****** - dddd47d0-9aee-11e7-b8a9-970ca2b0a061 - PS4
It's been 1 month or so since I'm having this problem and I'm back to playing DBD ...
I would like to mention that not only in DBD but also in other games that are online (Rainbow Six Siege and BF1).
Sorry for mentioning these games here, but I wonder if someone is having this same problem in other games too ...
I think it's the last update of PS4 ...
Before sending this message, I made connection of my PS4 over wifi and still continues with the same problem.
Tomorrow I will go to my brother's house to test his network and bring answers.
I thank everyone for their attention!
Original Message
Faz 1 mês mais ou menos que estou tendo este problema e voltei a jogar DBD...
Gostaria de mencionar que não só no DBD como também em outros jogos que seja online (Rainbow Six Siege e BF1).
Perdoem mencionar estes jogos aqui, mas gostaria de saber se alguém está tendo este mesmo problema em outros jogos também...
Acredito que seja a ultima atualização do PS4...
Antes de enviar esta mensagem, realizei conexão do meu PS4 por wifi e ainda continua com o mesmo problema.
Amanhã irei na casa do meu irmão para testar a rede dele e trarei respostas.
Agradeço a atenção de todos!
ID - dddd47d0-9aee-11e7-b8a9-970ca2b0a061
Good afternoon,
I have just performed the update for 2.3.0 in DBD ... however I now get the following message "Can not connect to online. Please try again later" Error code: 8001
@Ghost1301 psn is down, if you play on ps4.
Many thanks @Daddy_Doctor, you know if this "2.3.0" update fixed the problem of FAILED TO JOIN THE GAME ???