So apparently BHVR will ban players over this cosmetic glitch.

And people are annoyed that they will ban players over a small bug like this and they leave hackers to ruin the game.


https://youtu.be/ENiGMfocMPA


Screenshot from the video:

1B2A318E-CC00-42BE-BAA1-0B96787A1A18.jpeg


Thanks Zagrid for the heads up.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I fear nothing...

    But that thing...

    ..it scares me.


    I would understand if it litterally broke the game but the glitch does nothing but allows the player to look amazing.

    Anyway its their fault for you know.. not having an functional bug detection on their game.

    Its almost like they don't have testers.

  • @Sandwich_Jesus said:

    I fear nothing...

    But that thing...

    ..it scares me.

    I would understand if it litterally broke the game but the glitch does nothing but allows the player to look amazing.

    Anyway its their fault for you know.. not having an functional bug detection on their game.

    Its almost like they don't have testers.

    Yeah it’s a funny harmless bug. Banning players over it is extreme.

  • They are not actually banning people for this are they? That is like... one of the most petty reasons to ban I've heard of in a while.


    If I had to guess they are going to throw some BS about how it's exploiting and intentionally disrupting the game or something. Is that a real support response or did someone just edit it or something?

    I mean it might be possible they just used some copy and paste thing in response that they just use for general exploits and didn't check much out.

    That or they suspect it's causing some other strange more severe issue; but I highly doubt that is the case.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    They are not actually banning people for this are they? That is like... one of the most petty reasons to ban I've heard of in a while.

    If I had to guess they are going to throw some BS about how it's exploiting and intentionally disrupting the game or something.

    The glitch allows the player to make the game Psychological horror.

  • @Mozzie said:

    Wasn't aware of this glitch until I saw the video but seeing as it doesn't give any in game advantage it's pretty shocking to see they would actually ban players for using it. Do the ban survivors for exploiting flaws in the map such as crawling into areas where they cannot be picked up? I doubt it.

    How about with individuals like this?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skyNJmuDQ9U&feature=youtu.be

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skyNJmuDQ9U&feature=youtu.be

    I'm still waiting from a response from their zendesk about this...

    There is a twitch streamer that actively only streams games of him cheating in DBD.

    He goes WEEKS at a time before getting a ban and then easily navigating around it and continuing to do it.

  • I was about to post about this. It pisses me off so much that they won't just stop disable the cosmedics.

    they would rather BAN PEOPLE than lose precious sales.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    They are not actually banning people for this are they? That is like... one of the most petty reasons to ban I've heard of in a while.

    If I had to guess they are going to throw some BS about how it's exploiting and intentionally disrupting the game or something.

    Yes that’s a real response from Support confirming that they will ban players for this.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1883610#Comment_1883610

    There is a twitch streamer that actively only streams games of him cheating in DBD.

    He goes WEEKS at a time before getting a ban and then easily navigating around it and continuing to do it.

    I know who you are referring to. I watched his stream and then the very next day I also got a game with him as well. The gameplay I posted was taken from roughly 24 hours ago so no idea how long until they actually start digging into these reports. I'll give it a week to see the developers response. I'll consider doing a proper video of all the footage I've gotten from recent and how these situations are being addressed.

  • @Mozzie said:

    Wasn't aware of this glitch until I saw the video but seeing as it doesn't give any in game advantage it's pretty shocking to see they would actually ban players for using it. Do the ban survivors for exploiting flaws in the map such as crawling into areas where they cannot be picked up? I doubt it.

    How about with individuals like this?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skyNJmuDQ9U&feature=youtu.be

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skyNJmuDQ9U&feature=youtu.be

    I'm still waiting from a response from their zendesk about this...

    They're very determined to leave some cheaters ingame, or maybe they pay em or something I dunno but what I do know they won't ban someone actively playing every day for 6+ months and in my game he was running trough walls and speed hacking with video proof.... Then damn :/

  • Love that people complain about players not getting banned after they say racist/homophobic things or tell them to die in the in game chat. Or hackers, cheaters, survivors working with killer for match, body blocked in corner for match, etc. won't get banned unless you remember to record/save video - even then it's still iffy. BUT if you spend money on overpriced linked cosmetic you'll get banned for using the glitch that let's you mix/match. Nice priorities.

  • So the EZ Anticheat and the devs will ban people for making use a cosmetic glitch but does nothing against hacks that literally nuke the game? why am i not surprised at this point

  • @stargazer9 said:

    And people are annoyed that they will ban players over a small bug like this and they leave hackers to ruin the game.

    https://youtu.be/ENiGMfocMPA

    Screenshot from the video:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/8DQ9FETJP0L4/1b2a318e-cc00-42be-baa1-0b96787a1a18.jpeg

    Thanks Zagrid for the heads up.

    Simple the skin design is pay for only and is leased out to behaviour and dbd by Konami would you want people exploiting Konami stuff knowing they would sue you into the ground

  • I literally did it by accident and someone messaged me saying they reported me. Why is this bannable but there’s still a floating ghostface that can throw hatchets in this game and he isn’t banned?

  • Wasn't there a glitch with prestige a while back where you could prestige but keep your inventory and the devs were banning people for it and wiping their progress? Not surprising they're banning for this. Cosmetics are very special to the devs.

    And of course gameplay glitches usually go unpunished and are just fixed in a patch. I can't remember the last time they banned people for that instead of just fixing it. It might have been the Legion infinite mending bug.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    Wasn't there a glitch with prestige a while back where you could prestige but keep your inventory and the devs were banning people for it and wiping their progress? Not surprising they're banning for this. Cosmetics are very special to the devs.

    And of course gameplay glitches usually go unpunished and are just fixed in a patch. I can't remember the last time they banned people for that instead of just fixing it. It might have been the Legion infinite mending bug.

    yup the infinite mending bug definitely falls under hostage taking as you could force a dc by making them mend constantly

  • Why would anyone be banned for a bug, that affects cosmetics, which don't have any effect on the game itself? Instead of banning people, the devs should fix the bug, because if there is a bug, it's not the players fault, it's the devs. Fix your problems, instead of just banning people for this.

  • @Fog_King said:

    Why would anyone be banned for a bug, that affects cosmetics, which don't have any effect on the game itself? Instead of banning people, the devs should fix the bug, because if there is a bug, it's not the players fault, it's the devs. Fix your problems, instead of just banning people for this.

    exactly. I did it on accident and I don’t think I should be at fault if i got banned for a bug they did. So stupid they put effort into banning for this and not working on actual problems.

  • And during this time there are Ghostface with hatchet, Infinite Head on, survivors who lagswitch, people who send death threats in the end chat ... But yes of course we must ban those who mix a skin and that does not ruin the gaming experience of others xD

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1883610#Comment_1883610

    There is a twitch streamer that actively only streams games of him cheating in DBD.

    He goes WEEKS at a time before getting a ban and then easily navigating around it and continuing to do it.

    Oh I know who you mean!! He got shut down recently; Twitch finally took action and banned him, and according to my sources his entire Discord server got shutdown too thanks to Discord. Moreover he cannot sell his hacks anymore, either due to a legal dispute or what I don't know but something happened and he's gone for a while!!

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1883614#Comment_1883614

    Oh I know who you mean!! He got shut down recently; Twitch finally took action and banned him, and according to my sources his entire Discord server got shutdown too thanks to Discord. Moreover he cannot sell his hacks anymore, either due to a legal dispute or what I don't know but something happened and he's gone for a while!!

    From everywhere except the game though it sounds like! xD

    Discord, Twitch, all these services can take action but either BHVR or EAC I dunno who seems to really struggle with the concept of punishing a cheater.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1883708#Comment_1883708

    From everywhere except the game though it sounds like! xD

    I can't confirm if BHVR were the ones to take legal action or not, however he had an in-game ban counter and it reached over 30- iirc it was closer to 50 near the end of his run.

    Plus, considering me and a friend reported him on Twitch daily for a month and it took them this long I wouldn't say BHVR are the only ones at fault here.

  • Yes I got banned

    B banned

    A for

    N giving

    N Cheryl

    E some

    D drip

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    They are not actually banning people for this are they? That is like... one of the most petty reasons to ban I've heard of in a while.

    If I had to guess they are going to throw some BS about how it's exploiting and intentionally disrupting the game or something.

    My friend got banned back in November for the same bug

  • @bm33 said:

    Love that people complain about players not getting banned after they say racist/homophobic things or tell them to die in the in game chat. Or hackers, cheaters, survivors working with killer for match, body blocked in corner for match, etc. won't get banned unless you remember to record/save video - even then it's still iffy. BUT if you spend money on overpriced linked cosmetic you'll get banned for using the glitch that let's you mix/match. Nice priorities.

    I reported two times the same guy who spammed calling me (homophobe word) in the game chat. It was just a week after I first reported him when I found him again in a lobby and did the same stuff, support answered already that they might do action about it. I've just checked his profile again. No bans in record.

    This was almost a year ago now.

    Very cool to block people on twitter during June bhvr, what about you actual game?

  • Ban for cosmetics but still won’t fix the totem on coldwind.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1883630#Comment_1883630

    I reported two times the same guy who spammed calling me (homophobe word) in the game chat. It was just a week after I first reported him when I found him again in a lobby and did the same stuff, support answered already that they might do action about it. I've just checked his profile again. No bans in record.

    This was almost a year ago now.

    Very cool to block people on twitter during June bhvr, what about you actual game?

    This is why I'm happy console doesn't have in game chat. I have my profile set so they can't message me, it's nice knowing they can't send whatever unnecessary hate my way.

  • Something.... Something license set only being used with its own set... something, something license...

  • @Axe said:

    Something.... Something license set only being used with its own set... something, something license...

    Might be a reason. I have never seen anything about the Glitch with the Nea Head-Cosmetic from the Set.

    Could be entirely possible that BHVR will get legal issues with Konami, they will not like to see Screenshots of their cosmetics going around when looking like that.

  • Valid point.

    I am happy the mods are allowing this discussion and not trying to censor it by locking it; allowing this discussion is much healthier I think.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1883821#Comment_1883821

    Might be a reason. I have never seen anything about the Glitch with the Nea Head-Cosmetic from the Set.

    Could be entirely possible that BHVR will get legal issues with Konami, they will not like to see Screenshots of their cosmetics going around when looking like that.

    Someone posted earlier that Nea head glitch was bannable. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1883223

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1883821#Comment_1883821

    Might be a reason. I have never seen anything about the Glitch with the Nea Head-Cosmetic from the Set.

    Could be entirely possible that BHVR will get legal issues with Konami, they will not like to see Screenshots of their cosmetics going around when looking like that.

    I suspect that this is most likely the reason however I simply do not understand why this would be a problem for Konami. One of the biggest things holding Cheryl back from being selected as a character is her lack of actual customisation. It's all well and good giving her a few outfits, but the fact that those outfits must be worn in one single way makes her much less appealing to play as. Removing the linked aspect of her green outfits (as a minimum) would probably lead to an increase in the sales of the Silent Hill chapter as well as an increase in cosmetics being bought for her. I honestly just don't understand why Konami would put such a huge limit on Dead by Daylight as a source of income.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1883821#Comment_1883821

    Might be a reason. I have never seen anything about the Glitch with the Nea Head-Cosmetic from the Set.

    Could be entirely possible that BHVR will get legal issues with Konami, they will not like to see Screenshots of their cosmetics going around when looking like that.

    They said before the nea and kate sets are also bannable for being glitched sadly :(

  • On the EULA there's a section about exploiting bugs, since this is being done deliberately and not by accident, can lead to a ban. We do not have further information about this.