I’m genuinely excited for when The Clown changes go live.

I’ve been watching some streams, and I cannot wait to test some combos with Antidote and Tonics at some of the most horrid loops when this goes live on PS5.

I’m also very intrigued with the add on pass. The only thing I’m really going to miss is being able to inflict more severe blurred vision.

My only question is will The Antidote also remove for survivors Mangled from Sulphuric Acid Vial, and Blindness from Kerosene Can?

Comments

  • I'm excited but also scared since I saw that Pinky Finger is unchanged lol

    But aside from that I'm really happy and hope future Killer changes will be like this. Also yeah! I'm wondering about those add-ons as well, specifically how long their effects stay up because permanent blindness and or mangled seems broken but idk. I also would hope that the effects linger for while after being intoxicated though as, I would hate for the status debuff add-ons to feel weak.

  • @ukenicky said:

    I'm excited but also scared since I saw that Pinky Finger is unchanged lol

    But aside from that I'm really happy and hope future Killer changes will be like this. Also yeah! I'm wondering about those add-ons as well, specifically how long their effects stay up because permanent blindness and or mangled seems broken but idk. I also would hope that the effects linger for while after being intoxicated though as, I would hate for the status debuff add-ons to feel weak.

    Kerosene Can is still only 30 seconds, reset each time the survivor is intoxicated.

  • @ukenicky said:

    I'm excited but also scared since I saw that Pinky Finger is unchanged lol

    But aside from that I'm really happy and hope future Killer changes will be like this. Also yeah! I'm wondering about those add-ons as well, specifically how long their effects stay up because permanent blindness and or mangled seems broken but idk. I also would hope that the effects linger for while after being intoxicated though as, I would hate for the status debuff add-ons to feel weak.

    But I’m very happy with Sulphuric Vial. It’s actually a small, indirect buff to Coulrophobia. They’re both very powerful stacked together, and now their is no reason to waste a perk slot on Sloppy.

  • That can't be true :O, I saw lots of DbD "experts" talking trash about the new Clown here on the forums even before having the chance of trying him out.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1870336#Comment_1870336

    Kerosene Can is still only 30 seconds, reset each time the survivor is intoxicated.

    Ty for this clarification. The cigar box add-on looks to be my favorite.

  • @Gay_Police_Dept said:

    That can't be true :O, I saw lots of DbD "experts" talking trash about the new Clown here on the forums even before having the chance of trying him out.

    Probably “experts” that play everything BUT Clown usually.

    I’ve mained him since release. I can already see in my head lots of nasty tricks with the new bottle.

  • Never mind ignore that question.

    In your opinion do you think this buff lessen other counters to him?

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    Based on what your saying im assuming your a clown main?

    You see my forum name right?....

  • That was stupid of me, ignore that question and answer the second one I edited.

  • I feel like they could give the antidote a small buff. Though I am kinda sad that that the old effect for solvent jug is going away.

    Other than that I'm excited for the new clown.

  • I'm not even sad I'm saying this, clown needs a fix to that bottle speed bonus. Most loops, even safe ones, are almost unloopable now, and even early drops offers almost no safety. I love that the devs finally gave clown some love, but this is almost absurd. with a tonic'ed survivor and an antidoted clown, thats a 40% speed difference at base, with no downsides at all to clown. That's enough to make most pallets useless against him as he can run around the loop faster that a survivor can leave it.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    Based on what your saying im assuming your a clown main?

    I’m almost certain that if a tonic and antidote are placed cleverly enough in quick succession, a survivor will be hit before they can even reach a pallet to drop it early.

  • @chieften333 said:

    I feel like they could give the antidote a small buff. Though I am kinda sad that that the old effect for solvent jug is going away.

    Other than that I'm excited for the new clown.

    I would’ve been upset about Solvent Jug if the new bottles didn’t increase movement speed. There will be many instances a survivors exhaustion perk won’t help them much if at the same time they’re intoxicated and Clown is invigorated.

  • @AetherBytes said:

    I'm not even sad I'm saying this, clown needs a fix to that bottle speed bonus. Most loops, even safe ones, are almost unloopable now, and even early drops offers almost no safety. I love that the devs finally gave clown some love, but this is almost absurd. with a tonic'ed survivor and an antidoted clown, thats a 40% speed difference at base, with no downsides at all to clown. That's enough to make most pallets useless against him as he can run around the loop faster that a survivor can leave it.

    Well, as I’ve said for a long long time, survivors need to learn to play stealthier against Clown. The only reason that hasn’t been adopted by survivors already is because they go against Clown rarely, and good Clowns are even rarer.

  • @AetherBytes said:

    I'm not even sad I'm saying this, clown needs a fix to that bottle speed bonus. Most loops, even safe ones, are almost unloopable now, and even early drops offers almost no safety. I love that the devs finally gave clown some love, but this is almost absurd. with a tonic'ed survivor and an antidoted clown, thats a 40% speed difference at base, with no downsides at all to clown. That's enough to make most pallets useless against him as he can run around the loop faster that a survivor can leave it.

    I’m curious as to where you’ve got this 40% number from.

    Hindered survivors move at 3.4m a second.

    An Invigorated Clown will move at 5.06m a second.

    It’s a speed difference of 1.66m a second.

    Where is this 40%?

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1870375#Comment_1870375

    I’m curious as to where you’ve got this 40% number from.

    Hindered survivors move at 3.4m a second.

    An Invigorated Clown will move at 5.06m a second.

    It’s a speed difference of 1.66m a second.

    Where is this 40%?

    Survivors run at 100% speed

    Clown runs at 115% speed

    Tonic inflicts 15% hindered on survivors, which drop them to 85%

    Antidote speeds everyone up by 10%, pushing clown to 125%

    125% - 85% = 40%

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1870375#Comment_1870375

    I’m curious as to where you’ve got this 40% number from.

    Hindered survivors move at 3.4m a second.

    An Invigorated Clown will move at 5.06m a second.

    It’s a speed difference of 1.66m a second.

    Where is this 40%?

    If we say 4 m/s is 100% movement speed then the speed difference between a hindered survivor (85%) and an invigorated clown (~125%) is about 40%

  • I think I heard developers are already going to do another change, because they realize that, while they've added the new vial, they aren't incentivizing using it. There's no real benefit to an extra 10% speed boost that will also benefit survivors, when the clown is already 15% faster by default, gains bloodlust, and his purple vials already slow the survivor by 15%. As such, people won't bother using the yellows. From what I understand, they are considering reducing his base movement speed to compel use of the yellow vials. That, or they may have to either remove the speed penalty from the purple vials, or make them also impact him same way the yellow vials would.

  • I'm pretty excited to test those changes too.

    I'm by no means a clown main but it seems like he will now not only dominate all the unsafe and fairer loops but the safer ones aswell.

  • @LittilAvindar said:

    I think I heard developers are already going to do another change, because they realize that, while they've added the new vial, they aren't incentivizing using it. There's no real benefit to an extra 10% speed boost that will also benefit survivors, when the clown is already 15% faster by default, gains bloodlust, and his purple vials already slow the survivor by 15%. As such, people won't bother using the yellows. From what I understand, they are considering reducing his base movement speed to compel use of the yellow vials. That, or they may have to either remove the speed penalty from the purple vials, or make them also impact him same way the yellow vials would.

    I pray to god that you're wrong, reducing his movement speed is not the way to incentivize using the antidotes.

  • @chieften333 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1870425#Comment_1870425

    I pray to god that you're wrong, reducing his movement speed is not the way to incentivize using the antidotes.

    Of course they’re wrong. Where is a quote or source from a dev or mod saying this?

  • @LittilAvindar said:

    I think I heard developers are already going to do another change, because they realize that, while they've added the new vial, they aren't incentivizing using it. There's no real benefit to an extra 10% speed boost that will also benefit survivors, when the clown is already 15% faster by default, gains bloodlust, and his purple vials already slow the survivor by 15%. As such, people won't bother using the yellows. From what I understand, they are considering reducing his base movement speed to compel use of the yellow vials. That, or they may have to either remove the speed penalty from the purple vials, or make them also impact him same way the yellow vials would.

    The fk are you talking about? This is literally you making this up. And if you watched the recent streams from the devs on twitch... it is exactly the opposite of what you're saying. There aren't any plans for ANY change like this.

  • @AetherBytes said:

    I'm not even sad I'm saying this, clown needs a fix to that bottle speed bonus. Most loops, even safe ones, are almost unloopable now, and even early drops offers almost no safety. I love that the devs finally gave clown some love, but this is almost absurd. with a tonic'ed survivor and an antidoted clown, thats a 40% speed difference at base, with no downsides at all to clown. That's enough to make most pallets useless against him as he can run around the loop faster that a survivor can leave it.

    Only by the time you hit them, swap bottles, throw the yellow one, wait 3 seconds, get the boost. The survivor will be at normal speed or camping the pallet like normal.

  • We were testing and some of us had haste for the rest of the game after getting hit by yellow.

    So well; hope that's fixed by live or clown is going to be giving himself a hard time haha.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1870375#Comment_1870375

    Only by the time you hit them, swap bottles, throw the yellow one, wait 3 seconds, get the boost. The survivor will be at normal speed or camping the pallet like normal.

    That’s why you’d throw the Antidote well in advance of reaching the loop, so the survivor passes through it before it activates, then follow of with a tonic

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1870375#Comment_1870375

    Only by the time you hit them, swap bottles, throw the yellow one, wait 3 seconds, get the boost. The survivor will be at normal speed or camping the pallet like normal.

    You don't get the boost automatically from the white cloud?

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1870497#Comment_1870497

    You don't get the boost automatically from the white cloud?

    Nope, theres a delay. Once it turns yellow it gives a boost

  • @AetherBytes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1870521#Comment_1870521

    Nope, theres a delay. Once it turns yellow it gives a boost

    What about the time it takes to switch bottles? How long is it?

  • So theoretically speaking clown could just hit the survivor, they get a boost, clown throw the yellow bottle in front of them walk through it and get the speed boost (since it doesn't take long for the cloud to change) and switch instantly to the purple bottles to catch up to the survivor and down them immediately. Is that about right?

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1870548#Comment_1870548

    So theoretically speaking clown could just hit the survivor, they get a boost, clown throw the yellow bottle in front of them walk through it and get the speed boost (since it doesn't take long for the cloud to change) and switch instantly to the purple bottles to catch up to the survivor and down them immediately. Is that about right?

    Yes. The ability to quickly follow up one bottle throw with another will only be limited by the default cool down, or feather add ons.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1870548#Comment_1870548

    So theoretically speaking clown could just hit the survivor, they get a boost, clown throw the yellow bottle in front of them walk through it and get the speed boost (since it doesn't take long for the cloud to change) and switch instantly to the purple bottles to catch up to the survivor and down them immediately. Is that about right?

    More or less, except you could throw it right in front of the survivor so it triggers around when you walk into it while the survivor gets no benefit.

  • @AetherBytes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1870568#Comment_1870568

    More or less, except you could throw it right in front of the survivor so it triggers around when you walk into it while the survivor gets no benefit.

    Assuming they don't change directions or are more than 2.5 seconds away.

    You could get the same result with less effort on live clown using the addons they are removing so i don't see how this is a good thing.

  • Drop pallets early because you can't really loop, and Clown is the same as before.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    We were testing and some of us had haste for the rest of the game after getting hit by yellow.

    So well; hope that's fixed by live or clown is going to be giving himself a hard time haha.

    Lmao seriously? Not too far from my prediction I guess..

  • @jrinkwater said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1870425#Comment_1870425

    The fk are you talking about? This is literally you making this up. And if you watched the recent streams from the devs on twitch... it is exactly the opposite of what you're saying. There aren't any plans for ANY change like this.

    "I think I heard..."

  • Honestly I think he is still going to be incredibly mediocre; but a buff is a buff.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1870548#Comment_1870548

    So theoretically speaking clown could just hit the survivor, they get a boost, clown throw the yellow bottle in front of them walk through it and get the speed boost (since it doesn't take long for the cloud to change) and switch instantly to the purple bottles to catch up to the survivor and down them immediately. Is that about right?

    There is no "immediately." You gain roughly 2.3 meters extra distance with the full antidote buff as killer. You move at 4.6m/s. You gain literally half a second of time with the antidote. You're better off ignoring it and just throwing his normal bottle in that scenario.

  • Well, at least someone is happy about the changes. I don't think these changes will help him at all honestly. Maybe in some situations (very uncommon ones), but I think he is still the worst killer in the game. They were very lazy changes and I would be willing to bet that Clown is just going to be forgotten about. Next up for killer changes is freddy, I just hope they don't nerf him. He just needs some changes to make him more skillful to play.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    I’ve been watching some streams, and I cannot wait to test some combos with Antidote and Tonics at some of the most horrid loops when this goes live on PS5.

    I’m also very intrigued with the add on pass. The only thing I’m really going to miss is being able to inflict more severe blurred vision.

    My only question is will The Antidote also remove for survivors Mangled from Sulphuric Acid Vial, and Blindness from Kerosene Can?

    Do you like the new chase music for The Clown?

  • Gonna play clown how I always did. Bleach and cork stopper with only pink bottles

  • Oh boy, someone who can't articulate their actual point.

  • I'm just excited to throw piss at survivors.

  • I really think his gameplay will barely change at all, I think everyone will be very underwhelmed.

    I like the Clown music though.

  • @ASpazNamedSteve said:

    I really think his gameplay will barely change at all, I think everyone will be very underwhelmed.

    I like the Clown music though.

    I'm mostly excited for the 2 seconds shorter reload lol

  • Same lmao, isn't that sad?

  • The changes for clown are great and a step forward, but I'll be able to loop him even worse than before, his bottles were enough to get me before, now he can do it faster :((