2 Survivors 1+ gens
Is it even possible to escape for both survivors in this situation if the killer is not a potato? What about 2 or more gens? If the killer finds and hooks one, and the other comes for the unhook, now the killer knows where both survivors are and it's an ez 4k for him. So whenever that happens, I just start looking for the hatch and wait for the other guy to die, as it's the only chance to escape. Whenever I try to go for the save or the other guy unhooks me in this situation, it always ends with 4k. Whenever I (or the other survivor) attempt to do gens, I (he) end up dead while the other one escapes through the hatch. So is there any other counterplay to this besides the hatch game?
If there isn't, what's the point in having this situation in the game? If both survivors know how it works and no one wants to sacrifice himself for the teammate, both of them will start hiding and waiting for the hatch. It will last forever if they are both good at hiding, and the killer will cry and complain about "keeping game hostage", but it's the only rational strategy for both survivors remaining in the trial: wait for the hatch, as the hatch is now the only chance to escape. It's absurd to call the only rational strategy in the situation a "bannable offense".
Comments
The problem is that too many players see an escape as win. Sure it gives you bloodpoints and emblem points, but compared to other things its not the sole reason of the game.
Its only rational when you want to escape.
Rational for fun? Depends on the person.
Rational for a pip? I dont think so, it can make the difference but most of the times it does not.
Rational for bloodpoints? No
Ratinal for your time? No
Well, escaping gives you 5k bloodpoints, while a safe unhook is only 1.5k. Escaping is also required to get golden or iridescent "Unbroken" emblem, while a safe unhook grants you an additional 10 pints (out of 100) in the Benevolent emblem (-10 for hooking and then +20 for safe unhooking, or -30 for an unsafe unhooking, so even here you risk with your emblems). By any means escaping is much more beneficial to the survivor than dying.
You can't. Killer is 4 times stronger compared to survs. And that's ok at the beggining when you played 4 vs 1. But when 1 surv is dead the killer is overpowered, and with 2 survs dead is a death sentence. That's why kill rate is between 65-75%, and that's include SWF, and solo Q is totally unplayable and tunnel exists and you can only gen rush.
Yh but compared to everything you did prior in this match escaping or not escaping dont makes a difference most of the time. I know there are matches where the better emblem gives you a pip, but that is the minority.
When you want bloodpoints you dont look at the gain per match. When you die earlier and can play more matches, you get more bloodpoints.
This is why the hatch needs to be chanced somehow. I've been sacrificed often enough because my team mate refused to work on gens/unhook me and camped the hatch instead. While it's the most clever thing to do to get out, it's not good for the health of the game. If both decided to hide, the result would be exactly what you described.
If there are 2 survivors and several gens left, the killed has pretty much won already.
No, it isnt. Basically, if it is a 3v1 before at least 4 Gens have been done, the Survivors will lose. Of course if there is no big Skill Gap between Killer and Survivor and those 3 Survivors are way better than the Killer.
In general, DBD is a game of snowballing - the most common results from my experience are 4Ks or 0Ks (I would even count Hatch Escapes or 1Ks due to camping one Survivor during EGC to secure that Kill to those, since both can be avoided by slugging or simply not camping the Hook). If the Survivor Team loses one part of their team early (which is 25%), they will most likely lose, resulting in a 4K. If the Killer cannot take one Survivor out early enough, they will lose, getting a 0K.
Of course there are results in between, there will be games with 1Ks, 2Ks and 3Ks, but from my experience, the most common results are either 4Ks or 4 man escapes.
You can be crafty before going for a hook save in that situation.
Go to the furthest available gen (I hope you haven’t 3 gen’d yourselves), and intentionally flub a skill check and then immediately do a wide circle back around to the hook (as killer will take the shortest possible route towards that gen). Or drop a pallet, or do a fast vault or locker entry. Anything that might draw the killer away. Be mindful that you want it to appear you made a mistake. You don’t want your diversion to be an obvious bait.
I see 4k about 70% of times, 0k would be 20% but it’s 0% because I don’t let a fair killer get 0k. That’s not good game design
So true.
This is why I start slugging very early in a match.
Until a survivor is indeed dead, I want to be creating the same disadvantage that a dead survivor gives: one less survivor doing gens.
Whilst 4 survivors remain alive and free to do what they will, the killer is disadvantaged. This isn’t a complaint. I get that the game is intended to be this way. It’s supposed to encourage the killer to think this way: until 1 is dead, how can I keep as many of the survivors occupied with something other than repairing generators.
The whole entire purpose of playing survivor is too see if you can survive the killer and escape.
Even if the killer kills 3 survivors and 1 escapes through the hatch, overall indicating that the killer still won, for that one survivor that escaped through the hatch it’s still supposed to be a personal win.
They’re called survivors for a reason. Surviving is winning.
You can also count 1 escape as 4k since that one escape mostly happens due to the hatch, and 1 kill can be counted as 0k, since it is often a result of camping. So there are three distinct results: killer victory (3-4k), stalemate (2k exactly) and survivors' victory (0-1k).
Thats useless. When you think the whole entire purpose of survivor is to escape then letting the other one die is the right solution.
Rescuing even without alerting the killer is counterproductive.
No it isnt. You can see it that way but there are many arguments against it. (Depipping while escaping for example)
Its not a clear win-condition, otherwise i could camp the hatch from the start and let my team die. It would be the best way to win.
When the game starts you have a chance of having your team win and escape through the gates. But when your team has already lost, there are just 2 choices left: to die or to escape through the hatch. And the latter is much more beneficial than the former.
Thats correct. But i personally dont see a hatch escape as a win. I try to get it, but its only mercy from the game.
So bc its not so important for me, i dont hide from the killer at 2 players. Its not worth it for me. I do this only when i want the killer to suffer.
Had a match yesterday where one gen left was needed to be done.
I managed to get the killer to literally chase me around for 10 minutes(I kept track and another survivor was watching too) and the final get did not get ######### done.
When the Bubba finally caught me I killed myself and the other survivor immediately jumps into the hatch.
According to one of the dead survivors who was spectating, dude was hiding in the basement for 10 minutes. Waiting for me to die for 10 ######### minutes. He could've done the last gen multiple times over but dude sat in the basement for TEN MINUTES just so he could escape by hatch.
I ######### sweated my ass off in that game. Literally. I could feel the sweats on me when the match ended.
Stopped playing for the day right there.
I'd only count a 3k as a win if the last survivor got out via hatch. To me, if any survivor gets out via the exit gates, that's a loss. There's no such thing as a draw.
Daddy Myers doesn't wanna stalk 2 survivors 1 gen after internet trauma.
That's only because killer is so easy you think you need to 4k
It is possible, sure. I've done it. It depends on a lot of factors:
There are other questions too but they weigh less. Two people left can absolutely get out with 1-2 Generators still required as long as you didn't 3-Gen yourselves and you are competent. I am in this situation at least a couple of times a week, and I'm proud to say I get out at least half the time.