It's not lag switching
VERY FEW people actually lag switch. I've seen it legit 2 times in 1200 hours. Just because you lagged and lost in a chase doesn't mean you can get salty and say the Killer was lag switching.
Take the loss and move on instead of tarnishing an otherwise fun game.
Comments
You just had a salty survivor say you lagswitched huh? you poor thing.
no it happens whenever lag happens.
There are multiple methods of lagg switching, of which I won’t go into detail. The most popular method right now can be done by anyone, and is fairly rampant. Simply downloading huge amounts of data while playing the game will overload your bandwidth, and has the exact same effect. If it only happens while you are near the killer, here are the 4 possible reasons why:
I would take a phantom hit and not become injured for half a second, then the Killer would appear next to me after he was running in place or in a consistent direction for a while.
If it was a lag-switch I’d have been teleported to him, not the other way around.
Though I found it sus that that Billy only happened to do it when all gens were done and had been chasing me the entire match.
I’ve seen it happening in PC and PS4, neither of these are lag-switches so much as networking bugs. Because if it was lag, Survivors would be teleported back to where they were when the lag-switch was activated.
However, often its just the killer has a terrible connection, and shouldnt be playing killer at all, thus resulting in lag switch accusations.
if they are claiming you did it, in multiple games, your lag-spikey internet probably isnt good enough to keep queing as killer, but they do anyway and say “well you should have looked at the lobby ping meter” which may wont display a noticable spike in the 60secs of lobby, because most people arent staring at that tiny bar with eyes glued to it for the countdown.
not saying that you did, just giving a common example
That is only one possible result of lagg switching. It depends upon what event occurred, and what telemetry your system actually receives.
My internet pwns. It's def their internet. I live in washington dc with great service.
I've seen a lot more of it in recent months. It's very easy to write macros for this type of thing, especially given it's P2P.
This. My biggest problem with some Killers. They have a "decent" connection, but it turns into ######### when they are Streaming. I get that people want to share their games with others, it's a great tool to bring in new players, but if your connection is mediocre at best, you need to stop Streaming or stop playing Killer. Rubberbanding and Teleporting all over is annoying AF, and I don't want to be on either side of that equation. You ruin the game for everyone playing against you, and it's a pretty ######### way to get kills.
Either invest in a better connection, or play Survivor. It's what I'm stuck doing atm until I can upgrade the connection. Sucks, as I much prefer to play Killer, but it's unfair to anyone who would be in my Lobby.
Usually happens as soon as gens are done.
Also the ping in lobby can be different the in game ping due to the game actually running at full capacity
As far as killers with legit bad connections, you can see it in lobby before game so its kinda on everyone who stays for it.
slow internet connection isnt lag switching. There is only 1 type of lagswitching and its when the host purposly disconnects their internet (usually through a modified ethernet cable with a switch) causing everyone to not be able to move yet the host still can because well they are teh host.
You won't always see it in the Lobby. I've had numerous matches where it was a stable green ping in the Lobby, and as soon as someone gets in a chase the rubberbanding starts. Not just me btw, the other players as well. People should pay attention to how their games are going, and when all the players in the match are lagging, they should be smart enough to know maybe it's time to play Survivor because no one wants to play against a laggy Killer who doesn't have the bandwidth to support a match properly.
Please re-read my post and tell me where I said that was.
cough cough
cough cough
Sometimes I have lag spikes as well. I can understand it from survivors, crazy things start to happen to them like they teleport.
Even if I could normally down a survivor without that lag spike, to show my good intentions, I pick them up and drop them until they stun me and start to run.
I have never been accused of being a lagswitcher. Let them go if you have a bad connection. It is that easy.
The second sentence is someone literally slowing down their internet speed. It is not lag switching.
hack wheeze
Had a game on ps4 and the killer was Freddy He lagged switched, where i teleported right back at him and apparently I had ran into the wall he then immediately pick me up and took 2 steps and lost connection. Even video saved it ^^ first time in all my ps4 dbd time have I seen this.
Trust me people would purposely look for those lobbies to play killer.
I’m sorry, but I am just going to have to believe that you are either not capable of reading the following, or don’t understand the statement:
The term “lagg switching” is nowhere in that statement.
P.S. You should have that cough looked into.
And how would you separate an unstable ping caused by the Killer's connection to the Survivors from an unstable ping caused by the Survivors' connections to the Killer? After all, connections go both ways.
Alright? you do say slowing your internet speed to lower your bandwidth is lag switching thats why i said it isnt. I dont care about the part that has to do with being near a killer. you said that slowing your internet speed is lag switching and i told you it wasnt. dont understand why you are so defensive about this.
p.s thanks man i have had a cold for a couple days.
It's really obvious when somebody lag switches in this game. I've got around 50 hours and have had five games where someone was lag switching. If you have only come across it twice in 1200 hours then you must be really lucky and or play with friends only.
for instance.
killer makes lobby. killers ping to the main server spikes to red. a popup appears stating that your connection is not stable enough to host a game. you either click exit and make a new lobby, or you click continue, and get a mark on the server for it. the survivors arent a factor in that.
the client would keep track of ping during the match, and if it spiked to red for more than a second or two, it also triggers a mark.
after 5 marks for knowingly hosting bad ping games, you receive a 24 hour ban from making killer lobbies. then 48, etc to perma.
no killer is going to risk losing the ability to play killer permanently over cable pulling or a bad connection.
Thanks for giving up but you literally say overloading bandwidth (slowing your connection) is lag switching. Its not.
@Global you are welcome, but dude, please read the message I posted. Every single response from you leaves out key wording like, “has the exact same effect”. At this point, you are just trolling, and guess what? I don’t feed trolls. Good day.
@Global you are welcome, but dude, please read the message I posted. Every single response from you leaves out key wording like, “has the exact same effect”. At this point, you are just trolling, and guess what? I don’t feed trolls. Good day.
@Global you are welcome, but dude, please read the message I posted. Every single response from you leaves out key wording like, “has the exact same effect”. At this point, you are just trolling, and guess what? I don’t feed trolls. Good day.
@Global you are welcome, but dude, please read the message I posted. Every single response from you leaves out key wording like, “has the exact same effect”. At this point, you are just trolling, and guess what? I don’t feed trolls. Good day.
@Global you are welcome, but dude, please read the message I posted. Every single response from you leaves out key wording like, “has the exact same effect”. At this point, you are just trolling, and guess what? I don’t feed trolls. Good day.
@Global you are welcome, but dude, please read the message I posted. Every single response from you leaves out key wording like, “has the exact same effect”. At this point, you are just trolling, and guess what? I don’t feed trolls. Good day.
@Global you are welcome, but dude, please read the message I posted. Every single response from you leaves out key wording like, “has the exact same effect”. At this point, you are just trolling, and guess what? I don’t feed trolls. Good day.
@Global you are welcome, but dude, please read the message I posted. Every single response from you leaves out key wording like, “has the exact same effect”. At this point, you are just trolling, and guess what? I don’t feed trolls. Good day.
@Global you are welcome, but dude, please read the message I posted. Every single response from you leaves out key wording like, “has the exact same effect”. At this point, you are just trolling, and guess what? I don’t feed trolls. Good day.
@Global you are welcome, but dude, please read the message I posted. Every single response from you leaves out key wording like, “has the exact same effect”. At this point, you are just trolling, and guess what? I don’t feed trolls. Good day.
@Global you are welcome, but dude, please read the message I posted. Every single response from you leaves out key wording like, “has the exact same effect”. At this point, you are just trolling, and guess what? I don’t feed trolls. Good day.