Does aggressive survivor tactics usually works ?

I'm a brand new player, more into the killer side (I'm pathetically bad at the survivor part). And I've met a few time quite aggressive survivors. Thing is, that usually mean I'll kill them all, except maybe the last one who find the hatch, or who get glitched in a locker.

It happened once. I let time run out after closing the hatch... which was two three meters away from the locker...

And that game is a perfect example, because they had everything : lights, medikits, mettle of man, head on (they were two in two side-to-side lockers so they could stun me whenever I passed by or tried to get one of them), and that one perk to stun the killer if he picked up someone, all in purple. And I was playing a Wraith, with only one uncommon perk, which was completely useless in this situation. And all they did was one generator.

So, yeah... Does those usually works and I have just been lucky ? Have I met players who just tried to be toxic ? (They did body-block me.) Or does it just never works ?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • It usually works against newer/inexperienced killers a lot more than experienced killers. An experienced killer knows that when the guy who was just unhooked charges at them, they're gonna have BT so either go around them or wait 20 seconds before you slap them down. Or I'll see someone run into a locker when I'm chasing them and just stutter step backwards once I'm "in range" of Head-On so they burst out and jump right into my waiting blade.

    Usually these tactics work against unexperienced killers because...well...they've never experienced these situations. Once you learn how to anticipate it, it can be countered but that takes time and playthroughs to learn.

  • They also work against unexperienced Killers because they are worse at snowballing.

    Survivors chasing you with flashlights, baiting for Headons, attempting hook blocks or being overly aggresive etc are Survivors not working on gens and against veterans once they notice they are not falling for it they are close to death hook with a lot of pallets already broken and 4 gens to be done so it doesnt end well.

  • It doesn't work unless the killer is very bad or the survivors are very good, otherwise it usually will result in the survivor getting downed, hooked, disconnecting, opening a new tab, logging in to the forums, and making a post about why they think killers are overpowered.

  • Survivors like this seem to think they're the absolute ######### at this game. They get overly cocky and will attempt a bunch of stupid things trying to be toxic that will never work. They like to ignore gens in favor of being toxic, which at first makes them kinda frustrating, but then bites them in the ass later. Survivors like these clowns are almost never hard to beat - it's the actual good de-pip teams you have to watch out for, ones that actually know how to do gens.

  • It will normally work against the newer/worse killers. Once you get the hang of things though you will start stomping them out. Playing too aggressive as a survivor is a good way to turn a winning game into a 4k for the killer. You learn the tricks of the trade fairly quick and you'll find they don't quite like it when their bullying doesn't end up like they planned it. You'll definitely have some disconnects in your future

  • Head on and mettle of man with flashlights? Sounds to me like they were just messing around and didn't care about actually winning. They just wanted to go for fun plays and they didn't care about throwing the match to do so. Which is something that killers get mad about for some reason. In what way is it toxic? They're feeding you a free win and trying to have fun in a role that .

    Body blocking isn't toxic either, you do it all the time as killer if you're playing someone like Billy or Wraith, so why is it toxic if survivors do it?

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    Head on and mettle of man with flashlights? Sounds to me like they were just messing around and didn't care about actually winning. They just wanted to go for fun plays and they didn't care about throwing the match to do so. Which is something that killers get mad about for some reason. In what way is it toxic? They're feeding you a free win and trying to have fun in a role that .

    Body blocking isn't toxic either, you do it all the time as killer if you're playing someone like Billy or Wraith, so why is it toxic if survivors do it?

    I didn't said they were, I asked if they tried to be. Please don't try to put words in my mouth.

    And they WERE trying to win, since they patched each others and actually tried to do gens. (Also I may had been wrong on mettle of man, it may have been borrowed time, unless they had both).

    Now to answer your questions ; Killers probably don't like it because they try to play as a killer, not to do fortnite dances or to just mess around in a TF2 server. I don't think I mind it personally because free quadra-kill, but I can see why others may find that lame to do so.

    Body-bloking as a killer seem like you don't understand what I'm referring to because how can a killer do it in the first place ? I mean that they try to prevent me from hooking another survivor by blocking the hook or my path just so we're clear.

    Also, if I can ask my own question : who's Billy ?

  • @SlynVulpes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855231#Comment_1855231

    I didn't said they were, I asked if they tried to be. Please don't try to put words in my mouth.

    And they WERE trying to win, since they patched each others and actually tried to do gens. (Also I may had been wrong on mettle of man, it may have been borrowed time, unless they had both).

    Now to answer your questions ; Killers probably don't like it because they try to play as a killer, not to do fortnite dances or to just mess around in a TF2 server. I don't think I mind it personally because free quadra-kill, but I can see why others may find that lame to do so.

    Body-bloking as a killer seem like you don't understand what I'm referring to because how can a killer do it in the first place ? I mean that they try to prevent me from hooking another survivor by blocking the hook or my path just so we're clear.

    Also, if I can ask my own question : who's Billy ?

    Body-blocking like that is not toxic. I do know what you're referring to, and killers have other forms of body-blocking like blocking entrances and windows, trapping survivors in corners and blocking hook rescues so why is the survivor's version of body-blocking (Taking a hit to try and save a survivor from the killer's grasp and being a good teammate) considered them trying to be toxic? It's good survivor play if done right. Much like looping is a sign of a good survivor and not toxic. I've seen people say that a survivor running a killer well is toxic and I wish I was making that up. That word gets used too often to describe so many things in this game that aren't even remotely 'toxic'

  • It works brilliantly if they have full meta builds. There's nothing the killer can do to stop them, they just have to hope the survivors screw up massively AFTER using up all of their second chances. And on teams like that, that's about 16 second chances, not including the repeatable use of Dead Hard. So yeah, you could say that it's effective.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855333#Comment_1855333

    Body-blocking like that is not toxic. I do know what you're referring to, and killers have other forms of body-blocking like blocking entrances and windows, trapping survivors in corners and blocking hook rescues so why is the survivor's version of body-blocking (Taking a hit to try and save a survivor from the killer's grasp and being a good teammate) considered them trying to be toxic? It's good survivor play if done right. Much like looping is a sign of a good survivor and not toxic. I've seen people say that a survivor running a killer well is toxic and I wish I was making that up. That word gets used too often to describe so many things in this game that aren't even remotely 'toxic'

    They're not taking a hit, they're preventing me from hooking another. All the example you cited are intended mechanics (and mind you survivor have perks with similar effects) that can be mastered over time. Body blocking is simply an abuse of the system, hence why you can report it.

  • @SlynVulpes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855358#Comment_1855358

    They're not taking a hit, they're preventing me from hooking another. All the example you cited are intended mechanics (and mind you survivor have perks with similar effects) that can be mastered over time. Body blocking is simply an abuse of the system, hence why you can report it.

    You can hit survivors while you're carrying one you know...survivors can never completely block a killer from going anywhere or hooking because you lose collision when you hit a survivor. You used to be able to trap killers in very specific spots on maps like the swamp but that was years ago. If a survivor is body-blocking you while you're carrying a survivor to a hook, hit them immediately, don't try to move around them to hook them because you can't. They can only bodyblock once, then you lose collision and can hook the survivor you're carrying.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855513#Comment_1855513

    You can hit survivors while you're carrying one you know...survivors can never completely block a killer from going anywhere or hooking because you lose collision when you hit a survivor. You used to be able to trap killers in very specific spots on maps like the swamp but that was years ago. If a survivor is body-blocking you while you're carrying a survivor to a hook, hit them immediately, don't try to move around them to hook them because you can't. They can only bodyblock once, then you lose collision and can hook the survivor you're carrying.

    I know that, didn't took long enough to figure it out. That doesn't prevent it from being an abuse of the system.

  • Sounds like a party that just wanted to mess with the Killer.

    If they were serious, all they'd need is one Survivor who focuses on Generators, and that would've been it.

  • @SlynVulpes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855537#Comment_1855537

    I know that, didn't took long enough to figure it out. That doesn't prevent it from being an abuse of the system.

    Giving you a free hit is abuse?

  • This content has been removed.
  • As someone said they were just messing around, if they were really playing aggressively, taking aggro and pushing gens you wouldn't have had a good time

  • @SlynVulpes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855537#Comment_1855537

    I know that, didn't took long enough to figure it out. That doesn't prevent it from being an abuse of the system.

    Body blocking a killer carrying a survivor is not an abuse of the system. There's literally a trophy for taking body blocking hits.

    As for the original question, it can work depending on the killer/survivor skill.