Coulrophobia is OP?

I'm not a big fan of this perk since I don't see anything more than contribution, maybe trolling but I want to know if this perk is very op if we combine it with Unnerving Presence, Distressing and Sloppy Butcher, since now I prefer to make unique builds with each killer and this perk of Coulrophobia get the most out of it.

Comments

  • I remember watching an OH TOFU video where he played Oni with three of those perks including that Clown one. He absolutely destroyed because of the blood point farm and healing time wasting

  • Not at all OP. I guess your mileage will vary depending on the survivors. Good survivors will just play injured. Bad survivors think you can power the exit gates by healing 5 or 6 times through Sloppy/Coulrophobia and not touching gens.

  • If the intention is to keep survivors injured you can just play Legion or Plague and save 4 perk slots. Personally as a survivor I don't heal most of the time anyways, it's generally a waste of time unless I'm against one of those killers that punish staying injured like Twins, Oni, Deathslinger etc. If you think about it each time you heal you trade half a generator worth of time for safety, good survivors don't need that.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Not at all OP. I guess your mileage will vary depending on the survivors. Good survivors will just play injured. Bad survivors think you can power the exit gates by healing 5 or 6 times through Sloppy/Coulrophobia and not touching gens.

    Also good Survivors will just never heal in your Terror Radius.

  • if the survivors are healthy you have a massive disadvantage

    If the survivors know how to play injured, you have a massive disadvantage.

  • It's not. Survivors will just go outside of your terror radius and then start healing.

  • I'm sure our Coulrophobia expert @TheClownIsKing could tell you his thoughts about this perk.

  • @DawnMad said:

    If the intention is to keep survivors injured you can just play Legion or Plague and save 4 perk slots. Personally as a survivor I don't heal most of the time anyways, it's generally a waste of time unless I'm against one of those killers that punish staying injured like Twins, Oni, Deathslinger etc. If you think about it each time you heal you trade half a generator worth of time for safety, good survivors don't need that.

    A lot of people try that and it doesn't work that well. Not if you mean going the whole game without healing. If you mean stay injured till i finish this gen then sure I'll agree with you.

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1854922#Comment_1854922

    A lot of people try that and it doesn't work that well. Not if you mean going the whole game without healing. If you mean stay injured till i finish this gen then sure I'll agree with you.

    In my games, it depends on a lot of things for me. If there is no immediate need to heal I will only get healed if we are plenty ahead on generators and we can afford safety. Being half a generator ahead or behind can very easily change the tides of a match, this game has a ton of snowball start to finish.

    Now think what if the killer had a full anti heal setup and no perks to defend generators. Now healing is even less worthy and doing generators is a lot more worthy than usual. A good team would very easily win by just doing gens then. Even stealthing around becomes viable since the killer probably has very limited information to begin with.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    It's not. Survivors will just go outside of your terror radius and then start healing.

    That's why I put Distressing, to further extend my radius of terror.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    if the survivors are healthy you have a massive disadvantage

    If the survivors know how to play injured, you have a massive disadvantage.

    If I have exhaustion addons I am ahead.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1854875#Comment_1854875

    Also good Survivors will just never heal in your Terror Radius.

    Maybe in a small map? Midwich is a square with side 64m and a killer with 32m terror radius (with distressing 40m) could possibly benefit from the perk.

  • @DawnMad said:

    If the intention is to keep survivors injured you can just play Legion or Plague and save 4 perk slots. Personally as a survivor I don't heal most of the time anyways, it's generally a waste of time unless I'm against one of those killers that punish staying injured like Twins, Oni, Deathslinger etc. If you think about it each time you heal you trade half a generator worth of time for safety, good survivors don't need that.

    Neither of those can end chases fast though. On killers that can end chases faster, keeping survivors injured helps keep chases even shorter

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1854875#Comment_1854875

    Also good Survivors will just never heal in your Terror Radius.

    This is thinking about the perk too simply. No, of course the majority will not willingly start healing within the TR.

    BUUTTTT.... they can find themselves under the effect of it simply due to the killer moving around. One of two things occur. The survivor wastes more time going on the move again until they feel far enough away to not be under the effects of Coulrophobia, or they go “screw it” and keep themselves committed to healing through it.

    I’ve lost count of the amount of times survivors have given me a free down because I’ve spotted them healing, but they felt so confident they couldn’t avoid being hit but were so close to being fully healed, they thought they could finish and tank the hit.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    I'm sure our Coulrophobia expert @TheClownIsKing could tell you his thoughts about this perk.

    Thanks.

    So I use Coulrophobia A LOT, combined with Mangled (either Sloppy or an add on).

    This perk becomes a MASSIVE stall tool PROVIDED it’s used in conjunction with LOTS of slugging.

    I pretty much slug my first spotted survivor out of the gate, immediately on the look for my second survivor to slug, before then intending to hook whomever is the third survivor I end a chase with. Flashlight users make this INCREDIBLY easy to achieve. So quite early I’ll have one on the ground not working on gens, another in a chase about to go down not on gens, and it’s always presumed there is a third survivor not on gens assisting the slug.

    Coulrophobia (plus Mangled) amplifies this strategy in a number of ways, and can lead to incredible snowballs because of survivors overconfidence in their long standing, tried and tested strategy of wait until the slug is recovered to their maximum possible recovery, then run in and tap.

    Here are the number of things you can expect as killer when slugging with Coulrophobia and Sloppy (or Mangled add ons).

    • One of the best things is forcing survivors using Unbreakable early, wasting it entirely.
    • Although the slugged survivors self recovery isn’t affected, any teammate foolish enough to attempt assisting while you’re still nearby will take an incredibly long time to get the slug back up on their feet (comparatively speaking).
    • Even if they’ve waited till the slug has recovered to maximum, I can’t tell you how many thousands of free hits I’ve gotten by spotting an assist occurring, and they either simply couldn’t get the slug on their feet in time, or they do but it’s right as I’m on top of them and I down them again instantly, starting the process all over again (devious laugh). Turns out very few survivors ever run Soul Guard. Even survivors running WGLF will have difficultly with this, as although WGLF will completely counter Coulrophobia, they’ll still be dealing with Mangled’s 20% debuff.
    • At first, smart teams will wait until a slug has recovered to maximum, AND you are far, far from the area before getting the slug up. THIS IS STILL GOOD. This is still a survivor on the ground that hasn’t been able to work on gens for a significant amount of time, so no pressure has been lost. BUT as this process is kept up, and all survivors bleed out timers reduce over the course of the match from subsequent slugging, teams will become more desperate and reckless in attempting to assist slugs while you are still around. They are likely to attempt co-op healing, leading to additional injuries or downs. The trap is set. Profit.
    • To be clear, I’m not saying camp a slug. Just that as survivors become more desperate, you’ll easily notice others running in to assist a slug. Always go for those survivors when spotted.
    • The combo also usually results in keeping survivors injured off hook or when recovered from dying state, leading to much shorter chases, and easier tracking from mid game onwards. This is either because survivors are trying to heal but keep getting interrupted by you, or they just don’t bother anymore. Don’t let this stress you in terms of survivors just focusing on gens. If you’re good at chases, finding survivors on gens still in the injured state is actually ideal.
    • They’ll waste so much more time going to some far reaching corner of a map to heal, IF you have played well enough that survivors feel threatened remaining injured against you. This can lead to excellent area control (in a pinch). Injure as many as possible near an area, before committing to a chase knowing the previously injured survivors are running as far as possible to be out of your TR.
    • It’s still great against survivors still doing partial heals mid chase after vaults or pallet drops. I’ve managed free downs on survivors that have 99% for their resilience and dead hard, because where they usually just tap during a pallet break animation to be back to full health, I’ve smacked them just in time before they could heal to full health.
    • In the very rare instance a survivor uses a Syringe mid chase, Mangled and Coulrophobia affect the Syringe timer as well. If the survivor used that without ANYTHING that would make the 16 second timer faster, then Coulrophobia and Mangled extends that to well over 32 seconds. That survivor needs to hope you can’t hit them again during that time.
  • Here are a few builds I do built around Coulrophobia and Sloppy (use a Mangled add on instead where possible to free up a perk slot).

    Coulrophobia, Sloppy, Blood Echo, Mindbreaker.

    • Keep then regularly injured, and regularly exhausted. Every time an injured survivor is afflicted with 45 seconds of exhaustion, that timer is paused any time they are touching a gen. For any survivors reliant on their exhaustion perks, they’re either an easy target if found on a gen, or these survivors will waste time during their 45 second exhaustion timer before touching gens again.

    Coulrophobia, Sloppy, Forced Penance, and either Unnerving Presence or Overwhelming Presence.

    • The choice between Unnerving or Overwhelming depends on how many med kits I see in the lobby. For the purposes of a slugging build, of there are a lot of med kits I choose Overwhelming. Nothing more satisfying than getting downs because a med kit ran out of charges too quickly for either themselves, or when wrongly thinking they can get a slug up quick with their med kit before I’ve left the area. Otherwise Unnerving purely to make the healing skill checks more difficult. If gen skill checks are flubbed as well, then cool.

    Coulrophobia, Sloppy, Dying Light, Thana.

    • There’s an intentional strategy here in the knowledge that the Obsession gets a buff that can partially counter Coulrophobia & Mangled. It can lead to them making some reckless and daring assists/rescues resulting in the Obsession constantly becoming an easy target. So either the Obsession gets wiped out really quickly, really early, leaving the remaining survivors in an increasingly hopeless situation (as 3 survivors instead of 4 dramatically tip the odds in the killers favour), or the ability of 3 of the survivors to get gens done AND heal other slugs continues to become increasingly more oppressive.

    Coulrophobia, Sloppy, The Third Seal, Undying.

    • Never underestimate the power of permanent aura blindness in a slugging build even against a seasoned SWF group. Even with comms, all 4 survivors blind on some maps can be a very challenging nuisance in reaching slugs they cannot see. This is even sweeter if a survivor is running OoO. There is something incredibly satisfying (and hilarious) about a blind OoO that keeps giving away their position, getting into a chase with them while they are out positioned, only for the hex cleanse notification to pop, but I immediately blind them again mid chase. TTS & Undying can be incredibly strong.

    Coulrophobia, Sloppy, Forced Penance, Bloodhound.

    • The ultimate Iron Will counter. Plus with all the slugging, Bloodhound can help find lost slugs. It’s a great tracking build, amplified by how often you’re likely to get value out of Bloodhound either by healing being too difficult, or they temporarily cannot heal at all.

    Coulrophobia, Sloppy, Nurses Calling, Deathbound.

    • Pretty self explanatory. Know when healing occurs nearby whilst also making it unlikely they can finish before you reach them, or at least get SOMETHING out of a successful heal if they do it in Deathbound’s proc range. Great for knowing when a far off slug has been picked up and you may want to attempt interrupting the remaining healing that might be occurring.
  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    Here are a few builds I do built around Coulrophobia and Sloppy (use a Mangled add on instead where possible to free up a perk slot).

    Coulrophobia, Sloppy, Blood Echo, Mindbreaker.

    • Keep then regularly injured, and regularly exhausted. Every time an injured survivor is afflicted with 45 seconds of exhaustion, that timer is paused any time they are touching a gen. For any survivors reliant on their exhaustion perks, they’re either an easy target if found on a gen, or these survivors will waste time during their 45 second exhaustion timer before touching gens again.

    Coulrophobia, Sloppy, Forced Penance, and either Unnerving Presence or Overwhelming Presence.

    • The choice between Unnerving or Overwhelming depends on how many med kits I see in the lobby. For the purposes of a slugging build, of there are a lot of med kits I choose Overwhelming. Nothing more satisfying than getting downs because a med kit ran out of charges too quickly for either themselves, or when wrongly thinking they can get a slug up quick with their med kit before I’ve left the area. Otherwise Unnerving purely to make the healing skill checks more difficult. If gen skill checks are flubbed as well, then cool.

    Coulrophobia, Sloppy, Dying Light, Thana.

    • There’s an intentional strategy here in the knowledge that the Obsession gets a buff that can partially counter Coulrophobia & Mangled. It can lead to them making some reckless and daring assists/rescues resulting in the Obsession constantly becoming an easy target. So either the Obsession gets wiped out really quickly, really early, leaving the remaining survivors in an increasingly hopeless situation (as 3 survivors instead of 4 dramatically tip the odds in the killers favour), or the ability of 3 of the survivors to get gens done AND heal other slugs continues to become increasingly more oppressive.

    Coulrophobia, Sloppy, The Third Seal, Undying.

    • Never underestimate the power of permanent aura blindness in a slugging build even against a seasoned SWF group. Even with comms, all 4 survivors blind on some maps can be a very challenging nuisance in reaching slugs they cannot see. This is even sweeter if a survivor is running OoO. There is something incredibly satisfying (and hilarious) about a blind OoO that keeps giving away their position, getting into a chase with them while they are out positioned, only for the hex cleanse notification to pop, but I immediately blind them again mid chase. TTS & Undying can be incredibly strong.

    Coulrophobia, Sloppy, Forced Penance, Bloodhound.

    • The ultimate Iron Will counter. Plus with all the slugging, Bloodhound can help find lost slugs. It’s a great tracking build, amplified by how often you’re likely to get value out of Bloodhound either by healing being too difficult, or they temporarily cannot heal at all.

    Coulrophobia, Sloppy, Nurses Calling, Deathbound.

    • Pretty self explanatory. Know when healing occurs nearby whilst also making it unlikely they can finish before you reach them, or at least get SOMETHING out of a successful heal if they do it in Deathbound’s proc range. Great for knowing when a far off slug has been picked up and you may want to attempt interrupting the remaining healing that might be occurring.

    I wanna try some of these but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to show up to post game chat afterwards

  • You said it yourself, you need 3 other perks to make it slightly ok so no, it is not even close to good imo.

  • @vacaman said:

    You said it yourself, you need 3 other perks to make it slightly ok so no, it is not even close to good imo.

    If it wins someone the game, what does it matter?

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855397#Comment_1855397

    I wanna try some of these but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to show up to post game chat afterwards

    The Mindbreaker + Blood Echo & Coulrophobia + Sloppy always results in angry messages, both because of the regular slugging (threatening to report for being tOxiC, lol), and I’ll see DC after a down for what I presume is because they (out of ingrained habit) went to use their Dead Hard but forgot they can’t.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855403#Comment_1855403

    The Mindbreaker + Blood Echo & Coulrophobia + Sloppy always results in angry messages, both because of the regular slugging (threatening to report for being tOxiC, lol), and I’ll see DC after a down for what I presume is because they (out of ingrained habit) went to use their Dead Hard but forgot they can’t.

    I can imagine. Will def consider starting to use coulrophobia now there's a lot of WGLF going round

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855414#Comment_1855414

    I can imagine. Will def consider starting to use coulrophobia now there's a lot of WGLF going round

    It’s seriously an underrated gem, and is a “secret weapon” when a focus is put on slugging as a pressure tool. Having 1 or 2 survivors regularly slugged at any given point in the match pressures the survivors immensely and greatly slows gen repairs. Coulrophobia + Mangled makes dealing with the killers strategy very very difficult for the survivors.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    Here are a few builds I do built around Coulrophobia and Sloppy (use a Mangled add on instead where possible to free up a perk slot).

    Coulrophobia, Sloppy, Blood Echo, Mindbreaker.

    • Keep then regularly injured, and regularly exhausted. Every time an injured survivor is afflicted with 45 seconds of exhaustion, that timer is paused any time they are touching a gen. For any survivors reliant on their exhaustion perks, they’re either an easy target if found on a gen, or these survivors will waste time during their 45 second exhaustion timer before touching gens again.

    Coulrophobia, Sloppy, Forced Penance, and either Unnerving Presence or Overwhelming Presence.

    • The choice between Unnerving or Overwhelming depends on how many med kits I see in the lobby. For the purposes of a slugging build, of there are a lot of med kits I choose Overwhelming. Nothing more satisfying than getting downs because a med kit ran out of charges too quickly for either themselves, or when wrongly thinking they can get a slug up quick with their med kit before I’ve left the area. Otherwise Unnerving purely to make the healing skill checks more difficult. If gen skill checks are flubbed as well, then cool.

    Coulrophobia, Sloppy, Dying Light, Thana.

    • There’s an intentional strategy here in the knowledge that the Obsession gets a buff that can partially counter Coulrophobia & Mangled. It can lead to them making some reckless and daring assists/rescues resulting in the Obsession constantly becoming an easy target. So either the Obsession gets wiped out really quickly, really early, leaving the remaining survivors in an increasingly hopeless situation (as 3 survivors instead of 4 dramatically tip the odds in the killers favour), or the ability of 3 of the survivors to get gens done AND heal other slugs continues to become increasingly more oppressive.

    Coulrophobia, Sloppy, The Third Seal, Undying.

    • Never underestimate the power of permanent aura blindness in a slugging build even against a seasoned SWF group. Even with comms, all 4 survivors blind on some maps can be a very challenging nuisance in reaching slugs they cannot see. This is even sweeter if a survivor is running OoO. There is something incredibly satisfying (and hilarious) about a blind OoO that keeps giving away their position, getting into a chase with them while they are out positioned, only for the hex cleanse notification to pop, but I immediately blind them again mid chase. TTS & Undying can be incredibly strong.

    Coulrophobia, Sloppy, Forced Penance, Bloodhound.

    • The ultimate Iron Will counter. Plus with all the slugging, Bloodhound can help find lost slugs. It’s a great tracking build, amplified by how often you’re likely to get value out of Bloodhound either by healing being too difficult, or they temporarily cannot heal at all.

    Coulrophobia, Sloppy, Nurses Calling, Deathbound.

    • Pretty self explanatory. Know when healing occurs nearby whilst also making it unlikely they can finish before you reach them, or at least get SOMETHING out of a successful heal if they do it in Deathbound’s proc range. Great for knowing when a far off slug has been picked up and you may want to attempt interrupting the remaining healing that might be occurring.

    Always love the builds. Which ones your favorite? I think mine are the first 2 and last one you posted.

    First one because its so oppressive against people who rely on exhaustion. (Prolly my overall fav)

    Second one because i love making use of forced penance.

    And the last one because I like having almost constant infos on heals no matter if they are far away or close by.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855419#Comment_1855419

    It’s seriously an underrated gem, and is a “secret weapon” when a focus is put on slugging as a pressure tool. Having 1 or 2 survivors regularly slugged at any given point in the match pressures the survivors immensely and greatly slows gen repairs. Coulrophobia + Mangled makes dealing with the killers strategy very very difficult for the survivors.

    Another one I've started liking is deerstalker. Although nurses reveals them when they're being healed and is the stronger perk anyway, slugged survivors assume you aren't reading their aura and even though there's no need to they often turn to face survivors on their way to get them up. Can be a spicy bit of info

  • @Nemmy_Wemmy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855397#Comment_1855397

    Always love the builds. Which ones your favorite? I think mine are the first 2 and last one you posted.

    First one because its so oppressive against people who rely on exhaustion. (Prolly my overall fav)

    Second one because i love making use of forced penance.

    And the last one because I like having almost constant infos on heals no matter if they are far away or close by.

    For me it’s also the first 2, although The Third Seal build can actually be the strongest, it’s obviously more of a gamble.

    Regularly denying exhaustion, and having Mindbreaker exasperate Blood Echo any time it procs can majorly tip the scales for the killer. Fast chases matter a lot in this game.

    But the second build is the most consistently reliable. Forced Penance procs a lot in a slugging build because of how frequently it’s likely to hit a survivor whilst another injured survivor is nearby.

  • @Jarol said:

    I'm not a big fan of this perk since I don't see anything more than contribution, maybe trolling but I want to know if this perk is very op if we combine it with Unnerving Presence, Distressing and Sloppy Butcher, since now I prefer to make unique builds with each killer and this perk of Coulrophobia get the most out of it.

    It depends on the killer, none of the stealth killers use it efficiently because its based on active terror radius, if you don't have a terror radius....it does nothing.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855423#Comment_1855423

    Another one I've started liking is deerstalker. Although nurses reveals them when they're being healed and is the stronger perk anyway, slugged survivors assume you aren't reading their aura and even though there's no need to they often turn to face survivors on their way to get them up. Can be a spicy bit of info

    It can be useful, but I usually don’t care if I lose track of a slug here and there. If they bleed out because I can’t find them, so be it. I tend to only chuck on Deerstalker when that horrible silent slug bug pops up too frequently.

  • I've gone against someone using Coulrophobia exactly once, and it was an Iridescent Button legion with a whole build around the mapwide TR. Unique build but incredibly underwhelming, Coulro's effect was honestly hardly even a problem at all. Wouldn't recommend it unless you're going for massive slugs or giant TR doctor or something.

  • @vacaman said:

    You said it yourself, you need 3 other perks to make it slightly ok so no, it is not even close to good imo.

    aren synergies the reason other perks are good? Is ruin bad because it needs undying? Is deception bad because it needs other locker perks?

    some perks need synergy to reach their potential

    Ive been having a lot of success using surge surveillance on most killers. Does that mean surveillance is bad? No

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855404#Comment_1855404

    aren synergies the reason other perks are good? Is ruin bad because it needs undying? Is deception bad because it needs other locker perks?

    some perks need synergy to reach their potential

    Ive been having a lot of success using surge surveillance on most killers. Does that mean surveillance is bad? No

    Again, you are using 1 perk to compliment another. We are talking about having to use all perks to compliment this one and still its not good.

  • @vacaman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1856546#Comment_1856546

    Again, you are using 1 perk to compliment another. We are talking about having to use all perks to compliment this one and still its not good.

    After trying it for a few matches myself it works pretty well. Need to slug a lot but it’s not against the rules