The most fairest and simplest fix to Hex: Undying

A lot of people have been talking about Hex: Undying and I think its weird. Personally I find it fine. But what people are concerned about is the aura reading, saying it's too much.

So a simple change to please everyone is to make it so that whenever you are destroying any totem your aura is shown and not when you walk by one. That way it still have the auras mechanic but still fair for those concerned about it.

Simple, easy and fair and there should be no complaints.

Edit: TO BE CLEAR, I DON'T THINK HEX: UNDYING NEEDS TO BE CHANGED. I COULD CARE LESS IF IT WAS CHANGED OR NOT. THE POINT OF THIS THREAD IS TO SUGGEST TO THE DEVS THAT IF THEY DO DECIDE TO CHANGE IT THIS IS HOW THEY SHOULD CHANGE IT.( I will say it again because some people are slow) THE POINT OF THIS THREAD IS TO SUGGEST TO THE DEVS THAT IF THEY DO DECIDE TO CHANGE IT THIS IS HOW THEY SHOULD CHANGE IT.

THANK YOU AND HAVE A BLESSED DAY.

Comments

  • The perk is fine. It's basically useless on its own.

  • Honestly, I think Retribution should be buffed to have Undying's current Aura reading on top of its existing effects.

    And Undying shouldn't have Aura reading at all and should give the Survivors a map wide notification when it causes a Hex to respawn so everyone knows it's in play.

  • @gatsby said:

    Honestly, I think Retribution should be buffed to have Undying's current Aura reading on top of its existing effects.

    And Undying shouldn't have Aura reading at all and should give the Survivors a map wide notification when it causes a Hex to respawn so everyone knows it's in play.

    But there is a reason for the aura read. Its ro monitor your dull totems as well. Since you need available dull totems in order to move the other hex totem too.

  • I wouldn't mind that. Would still be decent at tracking but it's no longer free wallhacks in a chase, or free totem defence on high mobility killers. Although I think Undying's current aura effect would be better on Hex: Retribution and it would be fine if Undying just had the hex "2nd chance" effect (Would be a really nice buff for Retribution).

    @Killing_Time said:

    The perk is fine. It's basically useless on its own.

    ...obviously? The point of the perk isn't to run it on its own.

  • @slowbeice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/217307/the-most-fairest-and-simplest-fix-to-hex-undying

    We have a perk for that already, its called Thrill of the Hunt.

    Undying is fine.

    Thrill of the hunt doesn't show survivors aura, it slows cleanse speed and gives a noise notification.

    I know undying is fine. But for people complaining about the aura reading aspect this is the simplest and fairest change you can make without making the perk useless.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1854360#Comment_1854360

    But there is a reason for the aura read. Its ro monitor your dull totems as well. Since you need available dull totems in order to move the other hex totem too.

    But the effect does WAY more than just give you tabs on where your totems are. You can get 6 seconds of aura-reading in some chases and it's a free Thrill of the Hunt on high mobility killers because it also shows auras around hex totems. If it was intended to monitor dull totems (which Thrill also does but so does Undying, who needs to run Thrill to defend totems when Undying does it all for you I guess), why doesn't it just show the auras of the dull totems when they're being worked on? Why does this perk have map-wide aura reading on top of the hex transfer? It's so overtuned

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1854362#Comment_1854362

    Thrill of the hunt doesn't show survivors aura, it slows cleanse speed and gives a noise notification.

    I know undying is fine. But for people complaining about the aura reading aspect this is the simplest and fairest change you can make without making the perk useless.

    My real question is why does Undying need Aura reading at all?

    If it didn't have Aura reading, Ruin/Undying would be more risky and possibly need to be combined with Thrill of the Hunt to be reliable at high tiers. That seems like a good thing to me for the overall health of the game and viability of other Killer perks that are supposed to compete for slots.

  • Who would of thought bones were hard to do.

  • @slowbeice said:

    I personally think that survivormains making nightly nerf threads about the perks that kill them most, is a little cringe.

    My favorite line so far was : I think the perk is fine, but we should nerf it because some people demand change.

    AKA : I want to request a nerf, but dont want to admit that its me who wants it to avoid criticism. Its some "other people" who demand the nerf, Im just the messenger.

    sounds legit bro

    Firstly that's not what I wrote.

    Secondly the suggestion I made would change nothing. The aura read is still there so whats the problem?

    Thirdly i don't have to explain myself to you. If you don't believe I think its fine then thats on you.

    You shouldn't make baseless assumptions about me based on what I write.

  • @HollowsGrief said:

    Who would of thought bones were hard to do.

    I didn't say they were hard to do. Read what I wrote before commenting please.

  • @slowbeice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1854396#Comment_1854396

    If you think its fine, then it doesnt need a change. The mental gymnastics involved in requesting a nerf to a perk you claim is ok, for some unnamed 3rd party, is just comical.

    I never said I wanted it to be changed.

    All I said was that it was fine for me. I even said that talks about it was wierd.

    I just expressed the concerns of other peoples problems of undying. These are not necessarily own opinions.

    All my post is a simple suggestion for a change if it did happen. Meaning if they were going to change it, it should be this imo. If It wasn't getting changed I wouldn't even have a problem. I would have the same opinion about undying. This is literally the only thread I'm making on undying.

    I don't know what your problem is because it swebsite to me that your trying to making me into a whiny survivor main that wants to nerf everything good or advantageous about killer. I'm not so please stop.

  • My favorite idea so far has been to swap attributes between Hex: Undying and Hex: Thrill of the Hunt.


    Hex: Undying

    When another Hex Totem is cleansed, that Hex transfers to an available Dull Totem, losing any Tokens in the process.

    While Hex: Undying is active, Survivors' cleansing speed is reduced by 20/25/30%.


    Hex: Thrill of the Hunt

    For each Dull Totem and Hex Totem remaining on the Map gain a Token.

    • Gain 10% more Bloodpoints for actions in the Hunter Category for each Token.
    • Gain a notification when someone starts working on a Hex Totem.
    • Survivors within 2 meters of any Totem have their Aura revealed for 4/5/6 seconds.


    This would make it so that Hex: Undying only works to lengthen the lifespan of totems, while Hex: Thrill of the Hunt is a Totem-based locational tool. They both protect totems, but in ways that are unique to them.

  • @WTBacon said:

    My favorite idea so far has been to swap attributes between Hex: Undying and Hex: Thrill of the Hunt.

    Hex: Undying

    When another Hex Totem is cleansed, that Hex transfers to an available Dull Totem, losing any Tokens in the process.

    While Hex: Undying is active, Survivors' cleansing speed is reduced by 20/25/30%.

    Hex: Thrill of the Hunt

    For each Dull Totem and Hex Totem remaining on the Map gain a Token.

    • Gain 10% more Bloodpoints for actions in the Hunter Category for each Token.
    • Gain a notification when someone starts working on a Hex Totem.
    • Survivors within 2 meters of any Totem have their Aura revealed for 4/5/6 seconds.

    This would make it so that Hex: Undying only works to lengthen the lifespan of totems, while Hex: Thrill of the Hunt is a Totem-based locational tool. They both protect totems, but in ways that are unique to them.

    I think I would also agree with this change.

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1854367#Comment_1854367

    My real question is why does Undying need Aura reading at all?

    If it didn't have Aura reading, Ruin/Undying would be more risky and possibly need to be combined with Thrill of the Hunt to be reliable at high tiers. That seems like a good thing to me for the overall health of the game and viability of other Killer perks that are supposed to compete for slots.

    3 perks to have a slight gen slowdown?

    Hex perks are supposed to be high risk, high reward. Where is the reward in this combination?

  • Undying is fine...

  • @slowbeice said:

    Again, the mental gymnastics involved in making these nightly "nerf X killer perk" threads, while also attempting to insulate themselves from criticism on the subject by claiming that they think the perk is fine and that they are just advocating for random unnamed others, is honestly kind of funny.

    I think your doing mental gymnastics reading more into what im actually trying to say. The irony.

    If you really don't believe in the others opinion I mentioned then maybe you should start by looking at this very thread alone for a person who really thinks it should be changed. (Spoiler it won't take long to find the person)

  • @slowbeice said:

    sounds legit bro

    inb4 tomorrows "NOED should be changed, but I think its fine" thread

    Again the irony. Reading too deep into things then what im actually trying to say.

    Never said undying should be changed.

    Not that hard to read something so simple. Its just simple comprehension skills. But anything to push your narrative bro.

  • @Killing_Time said:

    Undying is fine...

    i didn't say it wasn't fine.

  • @slowbeice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1854441#Comment_1854441

    The irony of "Never said undying should be changed" within your "simplest and fairest fix to hex:undying" thread is comedy gold.

    I will leave you to it. Good luck with your nerf thread!

    Its Just a title.

    Just clock out of the thread for me baby, ok?

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    I wouldn't mind that. Would still be decent at tracking but it's no longer free wallhacks in a chase, or free totem defence on high mobility killers. Although I think Undying's current aura effect would be better on Hex: Retribution and it would be fine if Undying just had the hex "2nd chance" effect (Would be a really nice buff for Retribution).

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1854359#Comment_1854359

    ...obviously? The point of the perk isn't to run it on its own.

    Every perk is designed to run on it's own.