Black circle when gsurvivor is getting hooked

What is the point of that black circle when the killer hooks a survivor? it feels like all it does is block the survivors vision of the killer, so unnecessary.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Same with screaming and generators getting done, god I hate the circles covering half of the screen

  • If the survivors have the Blindness status effect, that black circle is the only indicator of where the hook is. It is annoying and it shouldn't block aura's, but it has a purpose.

  • I've always liked watching some poor sap get hooked while I'm repairing a generator and as soon as the orb fades away the killer is within 15 feet of me. Whoops time to go.

  • @Edric_Dayne said:

    What is the point of that black circle when the killer hooks a survivor? it feels like all it does is block the survivors vision of the killer, so unnecessary.

    That is literally the point of it. To obscure vision in that area and make actions slightly less predictable for a moment. Same with generator completion.

    It's annoying, but it was one weird mechanic they decided to go with and balance the game around so  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/217162/black-circle-when-gsurvivor-is-getting-hooked

    That is literally the point of it. To obscure vision in that area and make actions slightly less predictable for a moment. Same with generator completion.

    It's annoying, but it was one weird mechanic they decided to go with and balance the game around so  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Okay I understand that but when a survivor is put on a hook thats an advantage to the killer already why add onto it with a dumb mechanic like that, it doesnt really make sense to me

  • @Heartbound said:

    I've always liked watching some poor sap get hooked while I'm repairing a generator and as soon as the orb fades away the killer is within 15 feet of me. Whoops time to go.

    This is exactly what I mean

  • Any killer can be a stealth killer with a black hole covering half the screen for 10 seconds and the screaming/airplane noise of someone getting hooked/sacrificed making me unable to see or hear anything until the killer is breathing down my neck

    Okay maybe that's an exaggeration but I have been screwed by the black hole too many times to count, and even when I don't really get affected by it it's still really annoying

  • @Edric_Dayne said:

    What is the point of that black circle when the killer hooks a survivor? it feels like all it does is block the survivors vision of the killer, so unnecessary.

    It exists to make Kindred a worse perk.

  • The black circle is horrible. You have no clue whatsoever where the killer is going when to circle covers your vision.

  • @Edric_Dayne said:

    What is the point of that black circle when the killer hooks a survivor? it feels like all it does is block the survivors vision of the killer, so unnecessary.

    That's effectively the point of it, so you don't get so much information.